Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   I.E. Radio (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=278)
-   -   2/16/14 Viral Mythology (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214761)

Brit 02-12-2014 03:08 PM

2/16/14 Viral Mythology

I'll be sitting in for Shirley on this Sunday's IE Radio because she's receiving an award at the Boulder Film Festival. Congrats Shirley!!! :D

I've invite Marie D. Jones and Larry Flaxman to be my guests to discuss their latest book: Viral Mythology.

We’ll be discussing some of their remarkable research that examines how behind every myth, fairy tale and legend and hidden within the art, song and structure of ancient times is an encoded layer of wisdom, science, and truth passed down throughout history. Marie D. Jones and Larry Flaxman join us to explore how things went “viral” long before the Internet.

Marie has an extensive background in metaphysics, cutting edge science and the paranormal and has worked as a field investigator for MUFON (Mutual UFO Network) in Los Angeles and San Diego in the 1980s and 1990s. She currently serves as a Consultant and Director of Special Projects for ARPAST, the Arkansas Paranormal and Anomalous Studies Team, where she works with ARPAST President Larry Flaxman to develop theories that can be tested in the field.

Larry has been actively involved in paranormal research and hands-on field investigation for over thirteen years, and melds his technical, scientific, and investigative backgrounds together for no-nonsense, scientifically objective explanations regarding a variety of anomalous phenomena. Under his leadership, ARPAST has become one of the nation’s largest and most active paranormal research organizations, with members worldwide. Widely respected for his expertise on the proper use of equipment and techniques for conducting a solid investigation, Larry also serves as technical advisor to several paranormal research groups throughout the country.

Together, and independently, they have authored several amazing, best selling books, scripts and appeared on television and radio.

Sunday, Feb. 16 6 PM PST - 9 PM EST
I hope you join us ~ it should be an enlightening discussion!

Norma Rae 02-12-2014 03:55 PM

Sounds superb!

- Steph

Thomas Ramey Watson 02-13-2014 07:00 AM

I agree. Sounds superb.

billy beyond 02-18-2014 02:22 AM

Where do you find these " experts?"

I felt like everything they said had been on cable TV for years.

IE listeners are saavy. That's my point. Don't dumb it down for us...dumb it up!

Billy

Brit 02-18-2014 08:12 AM

Hi Billy Beyond
Thanks for the comment. Didn't intent to 'dumb it down' if that is what happened; just tried to give Marie and Larry as much flexibility to answer as possible. Hopefully it provided some interesting information to some of the listeners.
BE