Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Good News (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=285)
-   -   :) Sold A New Story (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214740)

FrankFromCanada 01-27-2014 07:36 AM

:) Sold A New Story

Hi Folks,
Just learned a few weeks ago that a new story of mine has been bought for an upcoming anthology being released in the Fall 2014 by Exile Editions, a Canadian publishing company with a 40+ year literary history. This anthology is called "Fractured: Tales of the Canadian Post-Apocolypse". My story is called "Last Man Standing". Oddly and happily I wrote this story "on the fly" for submission to this while finishing another story called: "My Last Story: Hemingway's Cigar or It Must Have Been in the Water" :) . This writing happened while in Las Vegas last August on a holiday seeing Celine Dion's and Rod Stewart's stellar shows. Didn't gamble, didn't drink (well one glass of wine) or carouse… but got a couple good stories :), lots of sunshine and some good walking and exploring… plus a tad of thinkin' . Am so pleased with this evolution… and so so grateful for the Angel, the Muse, My Muse, continuing to land on my shoulder once-in-awhile… albeit in the strangest of places, moments and juxtapositions with life. The creative "way" I suppose... Best wishes to all here… and thank you for reading, and most of all... be good to you…
Luv,
Frank

OneLight 01-27-2014 09:02 AM

Congratulations, Frank !!

I'll raise a glass of bubbly to ya :)

Thanks for sharing the origins of Last Man Standing ...
isn't life just grand?

Love....Peg

ShirleyMac 01-29-2014 07:14 PM

Hello and congratulations Frank!

FrankFromCanada 01-30-2014 01:03 AM

:) Thank you

Hi Shirley,
Thank you very much. Very pleased.
xo,
Frank

FrankFromCanada 02-09-2014 07:19 AM

And I to you!

:) And "I" shall raise some bubbly to YOU too! Wunnerful to hear from you Peg.
Be good to you…

xo,
Frank

Congratulations, Frank !!

I'll raise a glass of bubbly to ya :)

Thanks for sharing the origins of Last Man Standing ...
isn't life just grand?

Love....Peg

Wolfdog 02-11-2014 05:54 PM

For Frank

Sending along a hearty congratulations to you Frank!

I just found this thread. Let us know where we can find your story when the book is published!

And...what? No "carousing"...in Vegas?

Best to you,
Wolfdog

FrankFromCanada 02-11-2014 06:08 PM

Tnx WolfDog

Ah,,, thanks Wolfdog.
Very kind. Yes I will let everyone know where/how it can be bought when book comes out. Sometime in fall 2014. I know the publisher has a U.S.A/International distribution programme. Kind of exciting to have a story selected for this anthology.
Yes I know… no carousing in Vegas of all places ! I just seem to slip into a nice creative zone while there… get invigorated… inspired… and re-charged… odd eh… But I do love seeing the shows by the musicians/singers/performers on stage there… I love that… Be good to you and thank you again for your note. Means a lot to me.
Best,
Frank

debabbott 02-12-2014 10:52 AM

Congrats, Frank, very happy for you.

Love,
Deb

FrankFromCanada 02-12-2014 10:55 AM

:) x 2 :)

Hi Deb,
Thank you ! And me be happee for thee too!!!
Nice time this, isn't it…
Be good to you…
Love,
Frank

FrankFromCanada 02-23-2014 11:56 AM

WolfDog Exile Publishing's Distribution Etc/Story/Anthology

Hi Wolfdog,
Here is the info/distribution network for Exile Publishing's books etc. The anthology one of my new stories "Last Man Standing" will be in will be out, as you know, in Fall 2014. Will keep you posted. Truly appreciate the support and encouraging words from all here at ShirleyMaclaine. Means a lot to me. Here is info:

President/Publisher: Michael Callaghan the.exile.writers@gmail.com
Editor-in-chief: Barry Callaghan
Administration and Accounting/Book Orders and Back List: Gabriela Campos
All other inquiries: General Information, or telephone: 519 334 3634
Additional information on launches and events, literary competitions, current news, and how to submit writing, can be found at: TheExileWriters.com, or find us on Facebook at ELQ / Exile Editions, or for the Publisher’s page Exile Writers

Distribution and Sales Representation:
• Independent Publishers Group, North American/world distribution; sales outside Canada (Chicago: 1 800 888 4741)
• The Canadian Manda Group, Canadian sales, using our Canadia-specific catalogue. (Toronto: 416 516 0911)
• Canadian returns go to Fraser Direct in Georgetown, Ontario (905 877 4411)

Publisher's web site is: http://www.exileeditions.com