Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   It's a Celebration! (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=292)
-   -   Shirley's new book (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214602)

monti1980 11-17-2013 07:19 PM

very excited

I am so looking forward to getting the book. I will be going to town Wed. and I will be at Barnes and Noble first thing. It sounds like a really good page turner I can't wait. Thanks for all notes, I really enjoyed reading them.

Norma Rae 11-21-2013 05:52 AM

more questions

I haven't really been able to catch any of the television interviews for the book tour, but did see about 3 minutes of one where Geraldo Rivera was sitting next to her (but not necessarily doing the interview) where the interviewer asked SM why she wrote the book.

SM's reply, "because I wanted to experience what it would feel like to channel a book."

And what does this interviewer follow that profoundly interesting response with? Why a question about politics, of course. Maddening! Like I said, I didn't get to see the entire interview, so maybe at some point, the interviewer circled back and followed up with channeling (although I doubt it).

So . . . I have a request. If SM ever invites someone to interview her on IE Radio (I believe she did this with Out on a Leash or The Camino), please ask that person to follow-up on the channeling question. Here are some ideas for follow-up:

Was the channeled source your higher self or another entity?
Where is the source/entity?
Is it female or male?
What is her/his name?
Does the entity/source pose questions or provide answers to yours?
Did the source ever exist in a bodily incarnation on this Earth?
If so, who? Where? When? How?
Is the entity/source familiar with McPherson and (oh,who are Kevin's others? John and one other?)

These are just a few questions off the top of my head.

Namaste from the soggy Midwest,
stephanie

patswife 11-21-2013 04:52 PM

Hey Steph,
Sounds like you would do a great interview!! I agree with you. These people never seem to follow up on some interesting comments. I think they may have their questions formed ahead of time and just stick to the script. Wouldn't it be so much more interesting to go with the flow?
Joanne

Norma Rae 11-22-2013 04:40 AM

Well, I am sure each media outlet has its own agenda/script when interviewing anyone to which interviewers must adhere, but it really makes them seem unintelligent (at best) and disinterested or lacking curiosity (at worst). It definitely demonstrates that the interviewer is not in the present moment (in the flow, as you said Joanne) and probably just rehearsing her/his next question without listening to the guest at all.

I wonder if Shirley is meditating during these kinds of interviews? I think she may be.

Namaste from the Midwest,
steph

Chi 11-24-2013 08:39 AM

i've read all of Shirley's books and this is (by far) her best,
in my opinion. The interesting thing i found about the phrase
"What if..." is that it reduces resistance and seeps through
mental barriers that would otherwise not allow some of these
notions to enter. Brilliant, Ms MacLaine! Brilliant!
I love the way it climaxes from pages 223 to 229 (with act 1,
2 and 3). Those pages are a wild, whimsical ride, straight to
pure Enlightenment for a second or two. LOVED that!

Love,
Chi

Norma Rae 09-09-2014 09:45 AM

A Bramley "What if . . .?" moment

Recently started reading Bramley's The Gods of Eden, and he presents a great "What if . . .?" early in the book that reminded me of Shirley's book. Bramley inquires, "What if extraterrestrial pilots are no more inclined to appear on television or at the United Nations than a human pilot is disposed to address a council of chimpanzees?" (p. 30). I would argue, however, that a council of chimpanzees might have much more to teach humans than humans could star beings!

Namaste from the Midwest,
Stephanie