Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Good News (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=285)
-   -   Congrats Shirley on KC Honor (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214522)

Brit 09-12-2013 08:51 AM

Congrats Shirley on KC Honor

(WASHINGTON, D.C.)—The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts today announced the selection of the five individuals who will receive the 2013 Kennedy Center Honors. Recipients to be honored at the 36th annual national celebration of the arts are: opera singer Martina Arroyo; pianist, keyboardist, bandleader and composer Herbie Hancock; pianist, singer and songwriter Billy Joel; actress Shirley MacLaine; and musician and songwriter Carlos Santana.

“The Kennedy Center celebrates five extraordinary individuals who have spent their lives elevating the cultural vibrancy of our nation and the world,” said Kennedy Center Chairman David M. Rubenstein. “Martina Arroyo has dazzled the world with her glorious soprano voice and continues to share her artistry with a new generation of opera singers; Herbie Hancock has established himself as one of the most innovative musicians in the world, constantly breaking musical barriers and redefining the art of jazz; Billy Joel’s melodies have provided the soundtrack of our lives for over four decades making him one pop music’s most prolific and memorable singers and songwriters; the remarkable breadth and range of Shirley MacLaine’s acting has left an indelible impression over a nearly 60-year career on stage and screen; from his legendary performance at Woodstock to his sweep at the 2000 Grammys and beyond, Carlos Santana’s artistry transcends genres while entertaining millions.”

The annual Honors Gala has become the highlight of the Washington cultural year, and its broadcast on CBS is a high point of the television season. On Sunday, December 8, in a star-studded celebration on the Kennedy Center Opera House stage, produced by George Stevens, Jr. and Michael Stevens, the 2013 Honorees will be saluted by great performers from New York, Hollywood, and the arts capitals of the world. Seated with the President of the United States and Mrs. Obama, the Honorees will accept the thanks of their peers through performances and tributes.

The President and Mrs. Obama will receive the Honorees and members of the Artists Committee who nominate them, along with the Kennedy Center Board of Trustees at the White House prior to the gala performance. The 2013 Kennedy Center Honors Gala concludes with a supper dance in the Grand Foyer.

The Kennedy Center Honors medallions will be presented on Saturday, December 7, the night before the gala, at a State Department dinner hosted by Secretary of State John Kerry.

The Honors Gala will be recorded for broadcast on the CBS Network for the 36th consecutive year as a two-hour primetime special on Sunday, December 29 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT).

Lasep 09-12-2013 02:11 PM

I'm very happy for Shirley. She really deserves this honor.

debabbott 09-12-2013 04:46 PM

Yahoooo!!!!

Love, Deb

livchant 09-12-2013 06:37 PM

Wonderful!

This is Excellent news! So Happy for her! Many Congratulations!

Norma Rae 09-12-2013 06:50 PM

Now . . . this is a "sparkle-feet-twinkle-butt" kinda celebration! Enjoy your moment!

Namaste from the Midwest,
stephanie

ULLA RUNCHEL 09-14-2013 10:02 AM

Oh dear Brit

1 Attachment(s)
My dearest wonderful Brit

It is hilarious, fantastic, awesome, lovely,.marvelous for Shirley ..but she IS SO much worth it, she deserved it...and dear Brit..you are such a good friend , you are a wonderful lovely person..I am SO happy to be a glimpse in both life....how LUCKY we are to have both of you here on the E.C. board,..love you both dearly...hugs love and light, Ulla.

Wolfdog 09-16-2013 07:13 PM

Congratulations again Shirley! You certainly deserve this huge honor.

Love,
Wolfdog

Robin33 10-03-2013 02:43 PM

Congratulations Shirley

Congratulations on an honor way pass due. You deserve it :)

Cushings 10-10-2013 09:36 PM

WHAHOO!

Congratulations Shirley! May the awards never stop coming, you have earned them all many times over, looking forward to watching the ceremony.

Thank you for the news Brit, smiles are always welcome, particularly from you.

Love,
Di

Cher O 10-11-2013 08:41 PM

A little late but

YEA!!!!! Shirley so deserves this. And so much more. Love, C.

StevenOz 10-17-2013 04:04 AM

An Hour with an Angel and Lift Your Spirit.

Shows that the positive energies being received by the world all year are having an effect.

If you will allow me a slight off-topic comment, but still related to the theme of positive energies and good news, I have three recent BlogTalkRadio shows to recommend (there are also transcripts of the two channelings on GoldenAgeOfGaia.com if you don't want to listen to the radio program but still want the information).

The Divine Mother on recent positive energy sent to Earthians:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/inligh...r-with-an-angel

The Divine Mother and Archangel Michael on the recent influx of Clarity:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/inligh...r-with-an-angel

What All Lightworkers Are Doing/Being/Becoming. The New You:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/inligh...-you-and-beyond

Hope you enjoy them! These are recent shows that have been highly praised as "keepers" (especially great episodes) by members of the Golden Gaia discussion group. They are all related to channeling and the first two specifically are about channeled conversation. The third one includes discussion between the host of Lift Your Spirit and the channeler herself, Linda Dillion, and includes a channeling as part of, rather than the primary show content.

Love Is All, All Are One!
Steven.

ShelleyD 10-20-2013 07:12 PM

Shirley~

I did say Congratulations on Facebook, but not here......SO well deserved!!!
I think this is the last major award that you can get....except for the Nobel Peace Prize. We will have to make a Facebook page for that now. :p

Love,
Shelley

StevenOz 12-29-2013 04:15 AM

What do people think about Obama's comments about Area 51, and validating Shirley (talked about at following link):

http://goldenageofgaia.com/2013/12/...center-honours/

frogborg 12-29-2013 11:19 PM

It's about time!
I believe that the Fukushima disaster has seriously damaged the earth and we are going to need a higher intelligence that humans to help us fix things. They better start warming us up to the idea that we are not alone soon so we can get some help down here!
http://dreamhealer.wordpress.com/20...aganda-machine/
Froggie

StevenOz 12-30-2013 05:57 AM

I believe that our galactic family is already minimizing the effects of our pollution, and especially pollution such as in Fukushima radiation and ocean oil spills, and when all of us on Earth are able to meet them on our soil as equals and not attack them, the pollution will be removed completely.

After all, if the Fukushima harm had not been minimised by the galactics, it would have been enough to kill Earth several times over. After all, even a little depleted uranium is enough to do huge damage. If we hadn't received help from our galactic allies in order to protect the Earth and its residents (by minimizing the harm of Fukushima) I don't think we would be here having the luxury to talk about it, full stop.

Also, GoldenAgeofGaia.com is a wonderful uplifting and meaningful web news site that is both spiritual AND practical. I strongly encourage all interested to check it out! :)

ShirleyMac 01-16-2014 03:07 PM

Hello
Personally I liked our President's comments about area 51. And I liked the way the audience reacted.

Thank you for all the congratulatory notes and let's keep some of these discussions going!

ShirleyMac 01-16-2014 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought you might like to see this:

ShirleyMac 01-16-2014 03:13 PM

Hello again
I don't know why I can't post a picture that you don't have to stand on your head to see but there it is anyway.

Loa 01-17-2014 05:02 PM

I think I might have broken my neck .. but it was worth it. You both look so beautiful and shining.

Congratulations Shirley, you so deserved this :)

Love ,
Lóa

Chi 01-20-2014 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyMac
Hello again
I don't know why I can't post a picture that you don't have to stand on your head to see but there it is anyway.

Here you go Shirley.
For the future you
  • save it
  • put the cursor on the picture and right click
  • a menu drops down; click on "edit"
  • click on "rotate" and rotate until it is right side up
  • save it in that position
  • than upload it to your post
Or I can fix it for you, if you'd like. Beautiful. Beautiful.

debabbott 01-20-2014 03:31 PM

Had to save this pic for sure!!!
Beautiful!

Love Deb

OneLight 01-21-2014 02:22 PM

That photo is a keeper for sure!!! :)

You all look FABULOUS, darlinks !!

Love....Peg

ShelleyD 01-26-2014 06:54 PM

Wow....what a beautiful shot!!....even sideways!! :D