Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Karma (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=265)
-   -   Cayce on Karma (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214516)

Norma Rae 09-10-2013 09:58 AM

Cayce on Karma

Hello All--I am reading a book written/edited by Edgar Cayce's son called Cayce On Atlantis right now. It is more of an "introduction" to Cayce, really, and a quick read. In the preface chapters of the book, the writer/editor makes the following comment:

---
"Although some karma may result in physical afflictions or extraordinary physical abilities, it is more often reflected in an individual's tendencies, aptitudes, or interests."

---

This quote seems to be more editorial commentary (based upon what, I do not know, but one would presume Cayce's readings) of Cayce's son, but I am not sure.

In any event, what do you all think of the substance of the observation? . . . And why? . . .

Namaste from the midwest,
stephanie

OneLight 09-10-2013 03:33 PM

Hi Steph

ahhh Cayce…one of my earliest teachers on this lifepath of mine from a very early age. Used to devour every book I could get my hands on, which led me to other enlightened teachers; so he will always hold a special place in my heart.

As to the specific quote on Karma above, here are my thoughts on it…

For me, everything is energy. It is all about energy and vibration.What is karma really? To me, it is an energy, one that impels us through our choices (tendencies, aptitudes, interests) to evolve our souls or beings through experiences (negative like afflictions, or positive like abilities). All are a blessing (even though sometimes it may not appear so), a gift that assists us in navigating our journey. And we are the captains or pilots of that journey.

That’s my two cents anyway J

Peg

patswife 09-10-2013 05:42 PM

I love reading Edgar Cayce's works also. I have a few books all dealing with his teachings about relationships, karma, health, etc. I don't think I have ever read his teachings of Atlantis. Maybe this is something I should look into. I have always trusted his teachings. Maybe because he was such a simple man and was definitely not in this to make a buck. I believe he truly wanted to help people.
Steph, please share with us any insights you gain from your readings. Love reading your posts!
Love,
Joanne

Norma Rae 09-11-2013 10:54 AM

Hello Peg and Joanne!

Joanne--are you back from vacation? See any crop circles. Also, did you listen to (one of) the latest IE radio shows about crop circles?

Either of you or others: How do you see karma working in your own lives regarding your attributes/tendencies? Do you have characteristics that just cannot be explained through an investigation into your past in this life?

Personally--My "career" in this life (so far, but not forever) is that of a union-side labor attorney. Absolutely nothing in my childhood in this life would have set me on that course, and it took my quite some time to "stumble" into the role. I was raised in the anti-union south, taught to be quiet and not voice my opinions (I am female, after all!), and make good grades but never to aim for anything like a lawyer/doctor (and certainly not an actress/artist, which was laughed at). I was never once encouraged to become a lawyer, go to graduate school, and certainly discouraged from a childhood fantasy of acting. But something compelled me (as if a hook grabbed hold of my heart and reeled me away) to leave the south, go to graduate school and eventually find my way to law school in the north and later passionately defending others and their protected right to their labor. The only thing from my childhood that could have predicted this trajectory in any way was my own tendency to be argumentative and hot- headed--even though this characteristic was suppressed, I am an Aries with Leo rising after all. But this career/personality tendency must have come from something in a past life, don't you think, because it did not come from the environment of my childhood in this life? Some sort of karmic residue?

I've never done a past life regression (yet!), but after reading Cayce and all the other wonderful books I've read as a result of poking around on this website, I definitely will! It is time.

Alright . . . lunch time here at the office is almost over . . . back to this career of mine . . .

Namaste from the Midwest,
stephanie

Norma Rae 09-11-2013 01:54 PM

Also...Peg: Who are the "other enlightened teachers" you mention? Any particular books you can recommend?

Ever so grateful!
Steph

OneLight 09-11-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma Rae
Also...Peg: Who are the "other enlightened teachers" you mention? Any particular books you can recommend?

Ever so grateful!
Steph

Oh my gosh, there are so many Steph. Off the top of my head here are some suggestions that will provide much food for thought that cover much more than just the subject of Karma:

Shirley (natch!), Ruth Montgomery, Jane Roberts (Seth materials), Barbara Marciniak (Pleiadian channelings), Esther Hicks (Abraham teachings, one of my all time favorites),Gregg Braden, Steve and Barbara Rother (Beacons of Light channelings), Lee Carroll (Kryon channelings another fav), Nassim Haramein (quantum physicist/scientist), Ernest Holmes, Thomas Troward, Dick Sutphen, Wayne Dyer, Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday morning programming plus her evening Life Classes, Master Classes, and Next Chapters.

You can search for Hicks/Abraham, Nassim Haramein and Rother on youtube and/or visit their websites. Kryon (Lee Carroll) website has free downloadable channelings if you care to listen. I highly recommend him and Abraham.

In addition to the above, I have read/researched different philosophies from Judaism to sacred geometry, all of which have contributed to my expanded awareness.

Have fun!
Peg

Norma Rae 09-11-2013 04:18 PM

Woo! I hit the motherload! Thanks, Peg! I am more familiar/grounded in Buddhist and Vedic texts. Your recommendations are great. And as soon as I'm done with this Cayce book (and a Castaneda book--The Fire Within--and Autobiography of a Yogi), I will start working my way through some of your list and keep you posted here.

Loving to learn in the Midwest,
Steph

OneLight 09-11-2013 04:47 PM

Well, you know the old saying “we are the sum total of all we have ever been”; so I would have to say your current career/personality tendencies are activated cellular memories. I personally don’t use the term “past life” because I believe all my “lives” are happening simultaneously in this inter-dimensional multi-verse universe we are occupying. And it sounds to me like this is one of your strong points, so maybe you are on the other end of the stick in another life expression (having the experience of an unprotected labor situation), and are now choosing to take the opportunity to contribute to the greater good.

So, what have I “inherited” from myself in other expressions? hmmm I love detail. I love solitude. I love reading and writing (mostly poetry). I too have never had a past life reading, but for some reason I think somewhere I am existing as a Monk (perhaps on amountaintop), enjoying the solitude and painstakingly copying ancient writings. I prefer working quietly in the background as opposed to being out front so to speak, although when I have had to give presentations in front of classmates and fellow co-workers at department meetings, I can honestly say I have held my own in that situation (so maybe that strength is coming from a different life expression).

As I mentioned, I started reading Cayce at an early age and always had the dream to one day visit the ARE in Virginia Beach. So talk about the “magic” of Law of Attraction, from a young girl’s wish in Chicago fast-forward to the age of 54, when circumstances presented themselves to manifest that desire. And boy was that a road trip. But that’s a story for another time :)

I do very strongly feel that I was a young soldier in the Civil War (I think Confederate, but am not sure). I had a very vivid dream about this which also included my dad and one of my brothers who were also enlisted with me. I was even given a name in the dream of who I was, but so far have not been able to verify it. I have also had another dream with this same brother; we were friends and were involved in some underground movement against our country’s government. Interesting, huh? But I digress…sigh

Have a good one!
Love….Peg

Norma Rae 09-12-2013 10:40 AM

Peg (and All)--I watched some of the videos of Kryon/Lee Carroll today during lunch while sitting at my desk. . . Honestly . . . I don't know what to say right now other than thank you so much for the introduction . . .

And I do share your understanding that all time exists simultaneously and have had moments of pure clarity on that understanding, which I thank my greatest guru--my dear friend Anita who passed so suddenly two years ago. She--and her "death"--have been my greatest teacher (perhaps she has always been my teacher?).

Whoa . . . There is just too much to type right now, but will share more soon . . . likewise, I hope you share all the stories to which you alluded in your previous post! And thank you for your insights into my attributes/characteristics as well as for sharing your own (and the Civil War connection) . . . more on that soon, as well.

Namaste from the Midwest,
stephanie

Brit 10-21-2013 09:35 AM

This popped out while I was reading the boards...
So funny because yesterday I was going through old books to donate to a 'spiritual lending library' and came across Cayce on Atlantis. Couldn't let that one go ;)

Then Peg talking about the books she read early on... when I was 7 my Mom gave me a couple of Cayce's books, then Jess Stern, followed by Jeanne Dixon, Blavatsky, followed by Ruth Mongomery, a book on Arthur Ford, etc. She was so good about that because we talked about past life memories I was having and she always encouraged my understanding of those.

By the time I reached my teens I was into Zolar & Pythagorus numerology, Linda Goodman's astrology books and the Urantia book.

Feels like a good time to go dig those old classics up and re-read with older, wiser and fresher eyes. Thanks for the inspiration to do just that!
BE

Norma Rae 10-21-2013 11:01 AM

Wow! I have SO much catching up to do. How wonderful to have such an early introduction to this Canon! I may never catch up, but will enjoy the journey of a series of "firsts" ahead of me even at this late age of 38!

I would also think that second reads at different ages in life are equally as eye-opening, eh?

Namaste (temporarily) from the Vegas strip,
Steph

OneLight 10-21-2013 01:19 PM

Hey Steph

I have found that not just second-reads, but third and even fourth readings
are amazing because I am at different levels of awareness with each new read.
Its as Brit said .. experiencing it with wiser, fresher eyes.

That's the magic of "The Word", whether written or verbal, its energy is fluid and seamlessly mingles with our own.

Love it, love it, love it :)

Love....Peg

patswife 10-21-2013 04:49 PM

Brit, you were so lucky to have such an enlightened mom. Mine was much the same. It can make such a huge difference in our lives to have this information open to us at an early age. I have tried to pass this on to my own daughter and now my grandsons. Wouldn't it be great if they could teach these things in the schools?
Joanne

Lightbeam 10-24-2013 08:28 PM

Karma has always been some what of a mystery to me. On the surface it could simply mean you receive what you plant and the quality of the flowering depends upon the depth of the focus. Yet when I watch life express itself it seems more complicated then cause and effect; cause stemming from need, and effect being the resolution of need.

Karma is complex in and of itself but it does not immediately address the source initiating its need or function. Without the underlying knowing that precedes its existence or actions ones understanding of the seeds birthing experience seems vacant of meaning or purpose. To be understood the exploits of karmic action, though filled with intelligent action, also requires an awareness of that which is aware of awareness; the knowing that wills itself into manifested existence.

Karmic action enacts the drama or sensitivity that wakens perceptual awareness or conscious form, a self, that recognizes or responds to boundaries or limitations of specific levels of reality enabling the realization of meaning, or a sense of knowing derived or abstracted from karmic activity. The self becomes a mirror image or manifested life or intelligence reflecting that which precedes its existence. In the doing, it learns to resonate as a clear tonality or intelligent conscious self, enlightening itself as it exhibits, experiences and develops Source awareness. It is the seed that flows from and returns to Source by way of the flowering of its intelligence. Its enlightenment; perpetuating the actuality Source awareness.

My understanding of karma is that it is not limited to cause and effect although it enacts such. Its about the path of enlightenment and life breathing in and out of itself. The tendencies, aptitudes or interests of individual selves resonate the quality of the form expression during their journey through manifested existence enforcing the actions or activities that create intelligence factors that enable the development and fruition of clear sight and knowing of Source awareness.