Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   It's a Celebration! (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=292)
-   -   Seasonal change (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214514)

Brit 09-08-2013 09:37 AM

Seasonal change

I feel like celebrating the seasons and the change that's coming our way. Up here in the north we're ready for fall and down south they are getting ready for a beautiful spring.

After a bizzare summer (or winter in the southern hemisphere) of extreme heat, cold, drought, floods, fires, etc., I'm ready for the next season... which feels like it might be more gentle. (I hope)
BE

ShelleyD 09-08-2013 07:28 PM

I felt it shift on Sept. 1st.
Fall/Autumn is my favorite time of year, I think. Bring it on!!!

RobKendall 09-08-2013 09:00 PM

The Trouble With Harry screenshot

1 Attachment(s)
I agree - somehow I feel happiest in Autumn.

The light, the blue skies, and the color on the trees - like this image from Shirley's first film.

I feel as if the shortening of the days actually opens me up within myself.

ShirleyMac 09-11-2013 12:48 PM

That was a beautiful location!

I'm celebrating snuggling with my fur babies in the chill of the changing seasons!

ULLA RUNCHEL 09-11-2013 11:06 PM

Change to a better vibration

Hi all

Its morning here in Denmark...the summer is going to fall...the silence rain is soundless touchinh the birds wings..they are waiting for a colder season ..the little birds .."Please be there when I come back in Spring"...the Winther in Denmark can be very cold......when I look out in the garden, its like a Photo there is no Wind at all,..we had a wonderful summer this year , the best in many, many years..

The swallows are already on the way souths...yes change is on his way LOL, lets pray for a GREAT spring NeXT Year..to ALL.

Love Ulla

Lasep 09-12-2013 02:19 PM

It's 93 degrees here.

No sign of cooler weather anywhere in the near future.

I can't wait for Fall. My favorite time of year.

Norma Rae 09-13-2013 06:37 AM

What do you say to your tomato garden at the first cool crunch of Fall?
So loyal and giving. Thank you? Return again? Let's have a party, and you bring the bruschetta?!

Namaste from the crunchy cool autumnal turn in the Midwest,
Steph

Brit 09-25-2013 09:20 AM

A picnic sounds like a plan :)

I'll cover my container tomatoes before the nightly nip of 30 degrees and remove the cover as the temps climb and the sun smiles down on them. As the nights get even more cool, I'll bring the plants inside but when they are ready to call it quits, I'll thank them for their sweet fruit that graced our table all year.

Tender leaves are already red and gold, but most remain green. The autumn winds are starting early this year and fallen acorns and pine needles adorn our deck.

Squirrels and birds are gathering their treats and raccoons are starting to show up at night. Our ferrel kitty (actually BB's) is coming to eat twice a day and Angel, whom we inherited from Mom, is not happy she had a haircut and nests under a blanket at night. BB is a snow dog - so she's counting the days to the first glistening flakes and spends her time finding the coolest spot to nap in.

Just love this time of year!!! :D

Norma Rae 09-25-2013 04:56 PM

Brit, What an exquisite group of autumnal dinner guests you have! You are all sure to enjoy Tomatoes' last bruschetta of the season that they are certain to bring with to the party! Enjoy!

Seasons of change are intoxicating, are they not? They remind us of that Shiva energy in this perfectly transient world of ours. Here is a poem treasured by my teacher, Tias Little. I've been in classes with him where this poem and others like it were discussed with the class for hours before meditation and asana practice--so lovely! I'd love to get everyone else's thoughts:

Dewdrops on a blade of grass,
Having so little time
Before the sun rises;
Let not the autumn wind
Blow so quickly on the field.
---

Love and light from the Midwest,
Stephanie

Norma Rae 09-27-2013 09:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A dear friend of mine shared this with me yesterday. Had to pass it on here.
Namaste from the Midwest,
Steph

ShirleyMac 10-01-2013 03:17 PM

Hello
The seasonal change in NM is amazing. It's comfortable during the day and cold at night. I can't wait for the leaves to turn bright yellow!

debabbott 10-01-2013 04:55 PM

Fall

Crispy air in the mornings and I saw the first leaves falling today.
Love this time of year.

Love,
Deb

Cher O 10-02-2013 06:27 PM

To the Fall....

1 Attachment(s)
To enjoy the change of season here, you have to love rain. We will be getting lots and lots of it between now and Summer. But the trees this produces are so exquisite in Fall, every color of the rainbow and some that aren't. We get your usual yellows and reds, but we get the softest oranges and the tawniest browns.... every shade from pink to red to indigo. And all of it studded with evergreens. It is just breathtaking. I am so lucky to live here in Oregon. Thank you for this thread so I can appreciate it all over again. Love, C.

P.S. You haven't lived till you have seen the Oak trunks covered with soft green moss....

P. P. S. I really had to degrade this pic to make it small enough to post.... but it gives you an idea of the colors. And no, this is not one of the oak trees I am talking about. Those are OLD and HUGE. :)

Brit 10-02-2013 10:05 PM

WOW - such stunning color. Ours are just beginning to get a little golden :)

Cher O 10-03-2013 02:46 PM

Brit,

This pic was taken a few years ago.... we still have our beauty ahead of us.... so looking forward to it. Love, C.

ShelleyD 10-06-2013 08:21 PM

Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the colors....dressing in darker colors....decorating the house for Halloween.

The season shifted almost immediately on Sept. 1st. The days cooled off-they are in the low 70's-and now the nights are pretty cold....for me. ;)
We had another strange, humid summer with summer thunder/lightening storms galore, but now the moisture is gone-like it was sucked out-and the air is crisper and drying for the skin....as you would expect in the "dry" desert.

Brit 10-10-2013 08:10 AM

It's snowing!!

After all the heat and wind and rain we are having a serious snow! It's the earliest sow with accumulation in over 50 years. The leaves haven't finished changing colors or fallen from the trees, but they're decorated with huge puffy flakes and bending from the weight.

Nothing like the first snow to feel cleansed and renewed! (for me anyway)
;)

Norma Rae 10-10-2013 02:59 PM

would love to see a photo, Brit!

Brit 10-10-2013 06:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is as of 7:30 this AM

Norma Rae 10-10-2013 07:45 PM

Flippin' gorgeous!