Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Wellness and Healing Circle (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=274)
-   -   Surgery for me (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214496)

Cushings 08-26-2013 11:50 AM

Surgery for me

Hello,

Just read this in my weekly horoscope: “If you feel anxious it may be that you need to address how you feel so that you can talk yourself through it and find a solution that allows you to let it go.”

So maybe I need a little energy from others, I have achronic illness, so I usually do not ask, but tomorrow is unusual, going to have my ankle repaired, or maybe the joint replaced, depending on the integrity of the bone when they get inside.The only part that scares me is the thought of drilling a hole in my bone,sure, I know that it is done every day, but not on me it’s not.

Not afraid of rejecting the synthetic graphs or anything else, apparently my ankle structure will collapse soon if I do not do anything, Cushing’s disease destroys tendon and ligament tissue, and dissolves bone faster than aging normally, so that is my problem, the other ankle is next, and have not asked about what is after that, do not need to know that right now. Every blessing, always laughing,
Love,
Di

patswife 08-26-2013 04:18 PM

Di, sending you all the good energy I can find within me. I know it's scary, but if it helps you, it is worth it. Do whatever you have to do!
Much love and support!
Joanne

OneLight 08-26-2013 04:42 PM

Di, surrounding you and your medical team with
lots of healing energies for the highest good.

Big (((HUG))) from me...
Love...Peg

Cher O 08-26-2013 08:47 PM

Di,

Sending you loving and healing energy. Wish you didn't need the surgery but know your doctor will do an excellent job of keeping you together. Sending loving, healing light for your chronic condition, that it may lessen or slow down. Hang in there.... Love, C.

P.S. Your horoscope sounded like it was giving you good advice. Take it. :)

Brit 08-28-2013 02:32 PM

Di
How you doing?
I'm keeping you in my energy work and prayers,
Always
BE

Cushings 08-28-2013 08:24 PM

Thank you, Joanne, Peg, Cher O. and Brit, am doing it like a soldier, well a soldier with some really good pain meds, at least until tomorrow.

Funny, I woke up singing the rock song that the surgeon was playing while he worked, 'ain't life grand?'

This web site is the greatest, I love you guys.

Every Blessing
Love,
Di

ULLA RUNCHEL 08-29-2013 01:17 AM

Hi Di

Dear Di

Wishing you all the best,..may you soon be healed,..a huuuuuuuuuuuuge hug. Ulla. :)

StevenOz 08-29-2013 06:40 AM

All the best!

All the best, and love to you and all! :)

Wolfdog 08-31-2013 06:24 PM

For Di

Here's hoping and praying that your ankles will be in the best condition that they can possibly be Di .

Blessings and a hug,
Wolfdog

A Dreamer 08-31-2013 11:43 PM

Di, I just saw this thread. Sending you some healing energy. I hope you don't need the heavy pain meds now and that you will be back on your
feet soon.

A Dreamer

Cushings 09-02-2013 01:42 AM

Hello,

Thank you for the love, I have been off of pain meds since the day after, and it occurred to me why I do not remember seeing any old(er) people on crutches (!) ugh! Am getting very good at 'squat and roll/sit-guide crutches to the side' -it hurts when they land on your head, it's funny, but it hurts. Starting to get the hang of it today, have been 'off of my feet' all week as ordered by the doctor, so no time to practice 'crutching.' Any tips?

Every Blessing,
Love
Di

*Just a thought-what do furpeople think about crutches? Funny or not?

PAULA CAMPOS 09-03-2013 08:28 AM

I do love your sense of humour.

Anyways I wish you the best of luck Di.

I think animals understand us a lot more than humans - as i have said before I prefer their companionship.

(((HUGS)))

Cushings 09-03-2013 04:31 PM

Hello,

Thank you again to everyone for the all of the love. I saw my surgeon today and what I did not know before, is what the hole that he drilled into my ankle is filled with, wait, wait for it, this is true, it is filled with placenta, yeah, human placenta, wish I knew who to send a thank you note to for that. Had never heard about that until now, interesting.

Love,
Di

PAULA CAMPOS 09-04-2013 04:38 AM

Human placenta????!!!

God almighty !!

Angelwings1 09-07-2013 09:13 PM

Sending Healing prayers and Brightest Blessings

Wishing you all the best and healing

AW

ShelleyD 09-08-2013 07:44 PM

Diane~
Your sense of humor here is priceless.....(wondering who you should send a thank you note too)!!! Haha!

It sounds like you are on the mend. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery!!

Cushings 01-08-2014 09:27 PM

The “Screw-It, I’m Doing It Anyway” Angel

Hello,

See what all of you helped with:

Reporting to you a discovery that is very good and unexpected, when my surgeon injected placenta into the ankle, specifically, the talus bone, it was not something that I questioned because I did not want to say “Gross, don’t do that.” An attitude that is a spontaneous reaction to the unknown, an overreaction to medical progress that is extraordinary.

The outcome has been miraculous and more than the doctor expected because it has helped a previous injury immensely. In 1987 I ruptured my Achilles tendon twice and sewn back together two times, meaning that the leg is a mess and slightly shorter than the other is. This injury affects my back, hip and foot bones and is a source of chronic pain, has developed arthritis and a very bad effect on my life's plans.

Anyway, before this surgery, I could not push the heel of that foot more than half-an-inch off the floor, even after a few years of intense physical therapy, and I have consulted more then a few doctors hoping for someone to tell me something other than “I don’t know what to tell you to do.”

Today during my daily physical therapy exercises I found out that I could push up onto the ball of my foot, almost fully up, almost all the way up! I have not felt that much joy in years, it is the most amazing and intense effect, the only thing that I have ever felt as strong was walking again after not walking for almost two years. There is an angel with me, I am sure of that now, the angel known as the “Screw-It, I’m Doing It Anyway Angel” whose promises that 'I don’t care if you say that I will never be able to do that again, I'm doing it anyway' to put it in polite terms. So that is my very, very good news, so how was your day?

THANK YOU TO EACH AN EVERYONE OF YOU, EVERY BLESSING!

Love,
Di

Lasep 01-09-2014 08:40 AM

So happy for you! Wonderful!

Brit 01-12-2014 09:28 AM

Glad you are doing better - sometimes that is the attitude that moves you past the issue! :)
Love
BE

debabbott 01-17-2014 09:45 PM

Di,

Moving you right along here in your recovery.
Love you darling,
Deb

OneLight 01-18-2014 06:19 PM

Hugs of Joy surrounding you, Di :)

Love...Peg