Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Wellness and Healing Circle (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=274)
-   -   Sister Lura (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214409)

Brit 07-05-2013 04:40 PM

Sister Lura

I just received this...

This was posted to inform all the friends and family of Sr. Lura Grace -

Please send prayers for our beloved Sister Lura Grace. She is in the final stages of her fight with pancreatic cancer, on Hospice here at the Convent, and in spite of our best efforts to keep her comfortable, her pain is considerable. Please pray for relief from her pain.

Please join me in prayers for Sr. Lura Grace.

Please join us in sending calming, releasing energy to Sister Lura. She is a treasure that deserves a gentle crossing.

Love
BE

Pema Norpal 07-05-2013 04:54 PM

Sending Love and Prayers

Thank you for posting this and keeping us informed on Sister Lura.

She is an Angel, sweet, loving and generous!

Sending Sister Lura lots of Love and comfort! May the Angels wrap her with their Loving Wings!

Love
Pema

patswife 07-05-2013 06:20 PM

Wishing Lura a peaceful transition, or graduation as some may say. She is truly a wonderful person and will be missed terribly on the EB. She has been a good friend to many of us. Love you Sister Lura!!
Joanne

Robin33 07-05-2013 07:00 PM

Prayers for Sister Lura

The news today has indeed shocked me. I last talked to her on Facebook at beginning of June and she was starting to gain some weight back.
Now this shocking news. But I hope she has a peaceful transition. She's got such a big heart and a beautiful spirit. I'm sending prayers and much love her way. She's a sweet person and I'm thankful for her friendship

GentleRick 07-05-2013 07:54 PM

Lighting a candle tonight and holding a vigil for our sweet friend. May she be relieved of her pain and suffering soon so she may return to God in comfort and Grace.

debabbott 07-05-2013 08:00 PM

My dear Sister Lura, your light has shone so brightly in my life and you have continuously surrounded both Sean and me with your loving healing energies. You have given so very much of yourself to help us. I am so grateful for all that you have done for us. For certainly you have been the saintly one who has covered us with your prayers.

And now, as I feel you in your time, I ask you recieve our thanksgiving of all that you have given to us, receive it and allow it to assist you in whatever manner you need. I intend for YOUR HIGHEST GOOD! And I know you know exactly what I mean.

Thank you for touching our lives with your love.

Love, Deb

Lasep 07-05-2013 08:03 PM

Sending love and light to Sister Lura.

ShelleyD 07-05-2013 10:19 PM

Sending heartfelt prayers requesting a peaceful and beautiful transition for Sister Lura.

I know that she loves/loved this community very much~xo

Cher O 07-05-2013 10:32 PM

Oh no....

This just can't be happening, can it? Are we losing our light that is Sister Lura? She was with us such a short time and has become loved by so many....

My dear sweet Lura, there were so many times when I read a thread and kept silent because what you wrote spoke so eloquently for me. Your voice left nothing for me to add, yet I was satisfied that my thoughts had been spoken. You always knew just what to say, what advice to offer, what hope to give.

It grieves me that you are in pain. I pray that you find relief. And I am praying for a miracle that you defy the odds and beat this thing. If God is calling you home, then I guess you will leave us behind. I hope he shares you with us a bit longer. As I said, this was such a short time. You quickly became one of my favorite people on this site and it won't be the same without you here. Your essence is ineffable. I love you, Lura. I will miss you dearly. Cher O.

ULLA RUNCHEL 07-06-2013 01:05 AM

Oh dear Lura

1 Attachment(s)
Dear soul

Sending prayers to Lura,..may she have a peaceful transition,...love and light.

And to all my dear friend....lets make a circle of LIGHT,..from Heart to Heart, to know we are a huge Family WHO cares...to know we are for each other, that we are oneness...and stick together when one of us need healing, good energy. or just a smile.....our energy is SO strong,..that we can feel each other..doesn't matter where we are in the World..and this chain of LIGHT we all have a part of...will lighten up..for the person WHO need it.....and today it is our love and prayers for Sister Lura...she will always SHINE..and radiate love, her soul is strong and lovely.

So take my hand,...and let us make a strong chain by all of us, to remember we ARE all connected.

Love Ulla

Loa 07-06-2013 05:07 AM

Dear Sister Lura

May bright and beautiful lights surround you in love and peace. Joining the circle here and sending you my prayers and healing energy.

Love, La

OneLight 07-06-2013 06:32 PM

For Sister Lura

What heart-saddening news to learn of coming back from my off-line hiatus during my move! Oh my dear friend, I will miss you so much Lura. Although our paths have crossed for only a brief time, I am honored to have known you and so enjoyed our email exchanges. You are a wonderful Light on these boards and I along with all here so appreciate your wisdom, humor, support and prayers for all requesting them. Thank You!

I join all here in surrounding you with the energies you most need for your highest good, and may that include peace and the ease of pain.

Dearest Lura, float gently on the soft and soothing Waters, and let them carry you lovingly and peacefully Home to the welcoming and loving arms of your Creator (if this is the healing you seek). And if it is, when you arrive sweet Lura, be not surprised at the brilliance that surrounds you ... for it is just a reflection of your own Light and Love in all Its Glory!!!

Peace to you always, my dear friend...
Namaste...

Love...Peg

Robin33 07-07-2013 02:18 AM

Update on Sister Lura

As of Yesterday I talked to Mother Superior and asked how Sister Lura was doing. She said she was now starting to slip to coma state. A few days ago she would wake up for the nurse but now they are keeping her asleep so that She does not feel the pain. She said this could last for two weeks or it could be tomorrow. She also said everyone was so shocked how sudden things were and how fast this hit Sister Lura. But to keep prayers going for Sister Lura.

I pray for Sister Lura to have a peaceful transition.

PAULA CAMPOS 07-07-2013 05:28 AM

I wish docs and researchers could find a cure for all types of terminal cancer as it's killing lots of people, children and adults.

It took the lives of one of my aunts in the summer of 1980 and my dad in 1995 ...

And also one of my beloved cats HONEY in March 18, 2005 - me and her were inseparable since she came into my life at ten weeks old, the most beautiful fur person i have ever seen, long haired black and white, gorgeous green eyes and very calm. Gave me a lot of unconditional love, taught me a lot -

Sister Lura is another soul that came into earth to spread happiness and we will all miss her when she's gone but I know she'll be with us in spirit. I just hope her transition will be a painless one.

Farewell my friend !!!

Wolfdog 07-07-2013 05:57 PM

Still praying with everyone here for our dear Sister Lura, who has really been such an inspiration for all of us.

Peace to you dear one.

Much Love and Light,

Wolfdog

monti1980 07-07-2013 09:10 PM

Dear Friend

I have just recieved the news of this horrible cancer, that is taking my very dear friend away. I wish you a very easy move into your next life and I know you will welcomed and loved as much there as here. I hope you are waiting for me when my time comes, for you have done so much to help me with my life transition here. I have only known you for 2 short years, but feel I must have known you in a previous life....I have spoken to Ryan and I have asked that he welcome you with open arms as you have done for me here. Without you I would never of met Shelley and had some closure with Ryan. I wish there was something else I could do for you, but know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Love and peace for you my dear friend....

Cushings 07-07-2013 09:36 PM

Hello Sister Lura, I am too, shocked and deeply saddened to hear of your illness, focused light and prayers are with you, and the Angels of light, warmth and comfort all at your side to ease your pain. I have missed our conversations from your loving emails, I hope that we can meet again in the next life, you are a truly kind and generous person, who I love you very much.

Every Blessing,
Di

jordan 07-08-2013 01:16 PM

Sister Lura

Surrounding you in gentle, loving light. No pain, only loving rest.
Peace
J

patswife 07-08-2013 05:26 PM

Sister Lura loved this site and many of the people here. Something tells me she will still be checking in with us! She was proud to be a "cherryhead" and she's not going to give that up too easily.
Love you Sister Lura!
Joanne

Cushings 07-08-2013 09:53 PM

Dear Sister Lura,

Your dear sweet soul is constantly in my heart, my prayers are flowing to you like a mighty river and light gently touching your face while a breeze kisses your forehead to relieve any pain.

Thank you for what you have given to us from your heart, humor and wisdom, you will always be with us and never forgotten, your journey will be peaceful and of great beauty because that is who you are, am feeling sad, yet fortunate to have know you at all, every blessing.

Love,
Di

Chi 07-09-2013 04:35 PM

dear sweet sister lura
you're in my heart and in my prayers.
love...

debabbott 07-09-2013 04:58 PM

Sweet...

I've been seeing Sister Lura all around me and feeling her sweet spirit...
What a blessing she has been to me and Sean. Love your tender spirit, sweet woman....

Love, Deb