Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Fur People and Other Animals (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=276)
-   -   My Best Friend died (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214344)

Pema Norpal 05-26-2013 06:36 PM

My Best Friend died

Dont know if the vet was fair, but he decided that my Billy had to be put to sleep, without any tests, after I told him I didnt have alot of money for all the expenses that it would cost, he claimed that the best thing was euthanasia.

I am so so sorry Billy, if your time was not up and that I made a stupid and rushed decision. I love you so much..we all miss you terribly.

Mom xxxxxxxx

Chi 05-26-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pema Norpal
Dont know if the vet was fair, but he decided that my Billy had to be put to sleep, without any tests, after I told him I didnt have alot of money for all the expenses that it would cost, he claimed that the best thing was euthanasia.

I am so so sorry Billy, if your time was not up and that I made a stupid and rushed decision. I love you so much..we all miss you terribly.

Mom xxxxxxxx

Oh Pema,
i'm so very sorry for your loss. Please don't be too
hard on yourself. Your Billy knows what's in your heart.
Love...

Pema Norpal 05-26-2013 07:31 PM

Thank you Chi!

I love him so.

My sweet Baby.

Thank you for your kind words.

Love u

Pema

OneLight 05-26-2013 07:34 PM

A gentle (((HUG))) for you Pema. Such a heart wrenching decision.
Am sure Billy is surrounded by all your glorious Angel friends.
May all your cherished memories with him bring you peace.
As Chi said, Billy knows the love you hold for him in your heart...

Love...Peg

ShelleyD 05-27-2013 03:04 AM

Awww, that is so hard. :(

Take heart... in my experience, when a vet recommends that it is best to send the animal into spirit, they mean it. I am sure you did what was best for him.

And again...as Chi said....your Billy knows you and what is in your heart.
He will be with you as a "spirit kitty" and maybe even come back to you someday.

Sending prayers of comfort and healing ~ xoxo

Lasep 05-27-2013 09:04 AM

My dear Pema,

There were two choices. Bring him home and let him suffer or give him to God.

You and the vet made the right decision, as painful as it is for you to lose him.

I love you.

sisterlura 05-27-2013 09:35 AM

soooosorry

Oh, Pema, I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Please know that you (and of course Billy) are in my prayers.

The bond you two have will never be broken ~ trust that as Truth.

Love,
Lura

Cher O 05-27-2013 02:00 PM

Sweet Pema,

I wish there was something I could say to ease your pain. You did the only thing you could do, you took the advice of an expert to ease Billy's suffering. Try not to second guess yourself anymore.... you did the right thing. Billy loves you for considering him before yourself. So so sorry this happened. Sending you love and a big hug for comfort. Love, C.

Norma Rae 05-27-2013 02:06 PM

Dear Pema,
I know that everyone on this lovely EBoard--including myself--completely empathizes with the pain and loss you are feeling right now. There are no words. What a blow to the gut. I'll never forget the feeling the moment each creature I ever loved left this world while I was holding her in my arms. It is so tragic, but as hard as it is to say, such a tremendous teacher--that pain and exquisite love.

Love and light to you,
Steph
_/|\_

patswife 05-27-2013 04:24 PM

Dear Pema,
Anyone who has ever loved and lost a pet knows what you are going through right now. Years ago we had to put down our dog that we had from a little puppy. Even though it was for the best, I remember my husband and I doubting ourselves right up until the end. So, please try to find peace with your decision. I'm sure you did what was best.
Much love,
Joanne

Pema Norpal 05-27-2013 05:07 PM

Thank you from the bottom of my Heart!

My sweet love knew my thoughts, my words, my pain..he is the love of my life, along with Baby (who looks for him) and Emily, his sister.

They both know that he is missing to the morning call, the eating of their favorite treats before breakfast and the multiple hugs and carresses.

I thank you all so so much for your love and support, which eases the heartache.

Love you all..thank you again from the bottom of my heart!

jordan 05-27-2013 09:33 PM

Your darling Boy.

Dearest Pema,
My thoughts are with you.
Your darling boy knows you are still in shock, and wondering if you made the right choice. But for Him it was the best plan to go with as it was fast and you didn't have to take him home and watch him suffer. He didn't want you to spend weeks agonising over wether he was in pain, or wether he was suffering. He didn't want YOU to suffer the long sad decline of his health.
He was one smart Boy.
He will be waiting for you when you are ready to cross the bridge.
All my love
J.

Pema Norpal 05-28-2013 06:24 PM

Thank you Jordie

I suppose we all have a time to go, some are easier than others.
You are right, it was quick and for him painless, it's me that is dealing with the way he was ripped from my life, in a quick and hasty way..especially when i didnt expect it.
Thank you for your wise words, I appreciate it,
Hugs
Pema xxxxx

QUOTE=jordan]Dearest Pema,
My thoughts are with you.
Your darling boy knows you are still in shock, and wondering if you made the right choice. But for Him it was the best plan to go with as it was fast and you didn't have to take him home and watch him suffer. He didn't want you to spend weeks agonising over wether he was in pain, or wether he was suffering. He didn't want YOU to suffer the long sad decline of his health.
He was one smart Boy.
He will be waiting for you when you are ready to cross the bridge.
All my love
J.[/QUOTE]

Wolfdog 05-31-2013 11:18 AM

For Pema

Dear Pema,

Sending you a hug through the ethers. There is nothing harder than being forced to make a decision like that. I think that Shelley is right, if the vet makes that decision, there is usually no option but allowing a precious pet to struggle in pain for a few more days or weeks longer. I have had to have two of my "babies" put to sleep ( against my will) and really know how you feel. In time you will feel better.
But, like Jordan reminds us...we will see our beloved pets again. I believe that Billy knows how much he has been loved and is with you now in Spirit. It is also possible that he will return to you in this life in another form.

Much Love,
Wolfdog

Pema Norpal 06-01-2013 04:22 AM

Thank you Wolfdog

I appreciate your kind words. I am so Thankful to have Baby and Emily (2 cats) to keep me busy and to give my Love to. Baby is starting to get used to the idea that Billy is no longer on this side of the veil.

I Thank you also, my cyber family, to be there when we feel pain. Wolfdog, when you say that you understand how I feel, and I know that all of you also felt the pain of loosing a fur baby, makes me feel like I am not alone, but a feeling of belonging. Thank you for that.

Love and hugs
Pema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfdog
Dear Pema,

Sending you a hug through the ethers. There is nothing harder than being forced to make a decision like that. I think that Shelley is right, if the vet makes that decision, there is usually no option but allowing a precious pet to struggle in pain for a few more days or weeks longer. I have had to have two of my "babies" put to sleep ( against my will) and really know how you feel. In time you will feel better.
But, like Jordan reminds us...we will see our beloved pets again. I believe that Billy knows how much he has been loved and is with you now in Spirit. It is also possible that he will return to you in this life in another form.

Much Love,
Wolfdog

debabbott 06-01-2013 06:25 PM

Rocking you gently in my arms...

Love you,
Deb

Brit 06-02-2013 11:53 AM

Oh Pema
Keeping you in my prayers and sending lots of love your way. It's so difficult when a family member crosses over - no matter if its 2 legged or 4 legged.

Billy will be with you always and may even come back as a little fur baby so he can stay closer to your sweet energy.
Love
BE

Pema Norpal 06-02-2013 06:29 PM

Thank you Deb and Brit

[
Thank you so much for your sweet words.

It's a week now, and we miss the extra meows.

Time heals, so I will give time..time.

Love u both
Pema xxxxx

QUOTE=Brit]Oh Pema

Keeping you in my prayers and sending lots of love your way. It's so difficult when a family member crosses over - no matter if its 2 legged or 4 legged.

Billy will be with you always and may even come back as a little fur baby so he can stay closer to your sweet energy.
Love
BE[/QUOTE]

Loa 06-08-2013 06:21 PM

I am so sorry for your loss, dear Pema :(

* Big Hug *

Love, La