Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Fur People and Other Animals (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=276)
-   -   Fur People Photos (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214209)

Norma Rae 03-14-2013 07:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Vira (a.k.a. Virasana . . . a.k.a. Virabrahdrasana) . . . yes, that is me behind her . . .

Norma Rae 03-14-2013 07:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ladies and gentlemen . . . Mr. Alvy Singer . . . contemplating Bergman's "Face To Face" . . .

sisterlura 03-15-2013 11:32 AM

Jennie

1 Attachment(s)
Our sweet Jennie!! She was rescued by us from an abusive situation when she was a wee pup, we only saw her photo and all of us Sisters knew instinctively that she had to come live with us!

She'll be 2 in July ~~ and is the apple of our Community's collective eye :D

jade74 03-25-2013 12:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My best little fur friend Dominoe. I love that she is always smiling at me.

jade74 03-25-2013 01:00 PM

I blogged about walking with my dog not too long ago. There are a couple of good pictures. I thought I would post the link if anyone wants to check it out.

http://walkingwithfeetinmymouth.blo...ith-my-dog.html

I love this thread by the way. Everyone has such beautiful little friends :)

Love Jade74

ShelleyD 03-29-2013 02:56 PM

I love this thread and have enjoyed looking at all of the photos of your fur families!
If I can figure out how to get the photos on here I will post some of mine! ;)

Basia 04-23-2013 03:58 PM

Dear Hearts
so nice to see pictures of animals, companions loved friends.
I live now on a property near Young NSW, I rent a small cottage and all around me I have cattle that is raised by the owners.

The catlle is often moved acros the road to another place and I often see small culfs lost and calling to their mothers. In February I noticed that one culf was left behind while the cows were moved to onother side across the road. I spoke to the owner about it , he said that something was wrong with its leg so it can not move as fast as others and it will propably die. He said that he looses about 7 procent of cattle and he is not calling vet to asist them because they charge lots of money.

I am so sad for this culf who is such a great little one. I wached him every day and observe him. I took some water in backets to the tree where he likes to rest under.
I cry often as I feel so sory for this one welfere. I love this one so much I wish I could take care of him and hope that I win money so I can take him to vet.
I feel so helpless and I cant do anything as I dont want to be kiked out of this cottage.
Now there are some cows near him but he is lonely as none of cows wants to adopt him. We also had no rain and water in dams is almost dry the grass is dry and my little one is often near the dam trying to get some water but dificult to acess by him.
I ask for prayers that it will find strenght and love, he or she is such a great one but anfortunately he is called "7procent" in the eyes of the owners.
I will try to downoad the picture of him here. Loving you

Norma Rae 04-23-2013 08:18 PM

Oh Basia...this breaks my heart! I will absolutely send tonglen meditative healing energy to you and your little one in the days to come...

Namaste,
Steph
_/|\_

jordan 04-24-2013 02:09 PM

Basia

There are organisations all over Australia that can help with animal rescue and injury.
I just Googled "Wires" in your area, 63 41 33 99.
Or try googling "Animal rescue" or "Farm animal rescue" etc. There is bound to be someone who can help.
Or Call around some local vets and see if they will treat the Calf for a discount fee, or even for free. The Wires People may know a sympathetic local vet. Also make sure you have confirmation ffrom the Farmer that you can treat/save the calf.
Good luck
J

Cushings 04-24-2013 02:55 PM

Hello, this has been my favorite photo for ages, it was my backyard in Connecticut, do not miss the snow though.

Love,
Di