Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   I.E. Radio (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=278)
-   -   Ayurvedic Healing 3 - 3 - 13 (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214204)

Brit 02-26-2013 02:32 PM

Ayurvedic Healing 3 - 3 - 13

Join Shirley Sunday, March 3, 6 PM PST - 9 PM EST for a powerful discussion with one of the foremost ayurvedic doctors on the planet.

Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar is a world-renown Ayurvedic physician & Educator from India born of a traditional Rig-Vedic family. He holds a M.D. in Ayurvedic Medicine, with a Gold Medal from the prestigious Pune University in India.

Dr. Suhas is one of the most academically accomplished Ayurvedic physicians in US, Who has traveled worldwide popularizing Ayurvedic Medicine, setting up clinics, offering courses for both medical professional and laypersons, and has provided Ayurvedic consultations for thousands of patients.

He is an internationally acclaimed motivational speaker and a Faculty at various Ayurvedic Schools, worldwide. He has featured in numerous radio and television shows. He is an experienced Clinician & an insightful Medical Astrologer, who adds tremendous value to his clients and students alike.

He is an internationally acclaimed researcher, formulator and consultant to various nutraceutical companies. He is the lead formulator of Zrii, NutriiVeda , Accell & Purify.

He often shares stage with motivational speakers like Deepak Chopra, Tony Robbins & Wayne Dyer.

He is currently the Director of "Ayurvedic Healing" an Integrative Wellness Clinic in Santa Cruz, California.

AND... Do you know your Dosha?
Take a Dosha Quiz here:
https://doshaguru.com/blog/

Learn more about Dr. Suhas here:
http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/ieradio/about/next

Hope you join us!

Wolfdog 02-27-2013 04:16 PM

For Brit

Thanks Brit ! Looking forward to this show.
And welcome back to you and Shirley !

Love,
Wolfdog

PS I took the test . Found out that I apparently don't eat enough! lol

In truth, I just sometimes forget to eat!

OneLight 03-02-2013 07:47 AM

Hi Brit,

This sounds interesting and am looking forward to listening to it.
I also took the quiz...Kapha Dosha...yep, sounds just like me! :)

Love...Peg

Chi 03-02-2013 08:18 AM

Well i took the test and it tells me i am predominately
Kapha Dosha in physical structure, digestion and
lifestyle, but found it quite intriguing that in mind and
emotions, there seems to be a balance between the
three. Though i thought that the percentage of space
and air would be higher since i require so much of it to
be content and balanced in my relationships. But then
again, i guess that's not the space inside me but the
space outside me, eh? Interesting...

Physical Structure
76% Kapha(water and earth)
14% Pitta (fire and earth)
10% Vitta (space and air)

Digestion & Lifestyle
89% Water & Earth
9% Space & Air
2% Fire & Water

Mind & Emotions
42% fire and earth
33% water and earth
25% space and air

Love,
Chi

debabbott 03-02-2013 06:07 PM

So True!

Deb Abbott... you little Tri-Doshic Dosha you!

You are balanced, centered and inspiring ... until youíre not. If you do go out of balance, every single dosha is affected, and itís not only frustrating to sort out which dosha to treat first, it can be a long process.
Most people who are Tridoshic have a very strong immune system, and tend to rely heavily on it, but as with all doshic combinations, even YOU can go out of balance.

Tell me more about Tri-Doshic Doshas.Ö read more

Tell me more about Tri-Doshic Doshas...

Because you have the capacity of a good immune system and strong constitution, people come to you to help work out a situation as you can instill your sage advice - you are a guiding light to those who seek it, but if you're not careful, you can burn out that light.

Itís important to be completely conscious of your body at all times Ė a little like being aware of your luggage when you travel. When youíve finished with a situation, rest and repair, as some situations are harder on you than others. Your mantra should be LISTEN. Listen to your body and listen to your intuition. If you feel that something is going to take too much of your time and health, it probably is. Remember, itís OK to say no.

This is so true of my experience.

Interesting.

Love, Deb

Norma Rae 03-03-2013 04:50 AM

This pitta-vata is really looking forward to this discussion!
_/|\_
steph

Brit 03-03-2013 01:28 PM

Deb, I'm a tri-doshic dosha too. And in pretty equal balance.
This is going to be a good show :)
BE

Chi 03-03-2013 03:46 PM

So does that mean that my mind and emotions
are finally somewhat balanced. oh... too funny.
Love,
Chi

RobKendall 03-03-2013 04:42 PM

Looking forward to tonight's program

1 Attachment(s)
I think that Chi and I may be on a similar, Kapha Dosha, wavelength:

Physical Structure
81% Kapha (water and earth)
19% Vata (space and air)
0% Pitta (fire and earth)

Digestion & Lifestyle
56% Kapha (water and earth)
44% Pitta (fire and earth)
0% Vata (space and air)

Mind & Emotions
52% Kapha (water and earth)
36% Pitta (fire and earth)
12% Vata (space and air)

I have now taken the test four times in trying to be as accurate as possible and the fourth results are listed here.

P.S. The numbers in the illustration should now read: 29%, 60%, and 11%, respectively.

Norma Rae 03-03-2013 06:39 PM

Listening to the show now . . . [aside: do members here ever engage in live chats in the chat room while the show is playing? Might be fun and useful] . . . I admire so much those who are skilled and trained in the Ayurvedic sciences. It is so complex and layered that--to me--it is often overwhelming and difficult to apply in my life without seemingly contradicting it at the same time.

I am not sure if Dr. Kshirsagar with address this, but as I understand it, you should eat foods that balance your natural dosha. For example, I am a pitta (primarily) and, therefore, should probably avoid fire-inducing foods like spicy foods. But--of course--I am SO attracted to spicy foods. However, you should also balance your diet with the seasons as well. So what is a pitta--one who should avoid spicy foods--to do in the winter time when one should eat warming foods? This is especially important to those of us who live in the Midwest where we need as much warmth as possible!

Should a Midwestern pitta eat just a little spice, but not as much as I really want, in winter?

Hope you all are enjoying the show!

_/|\_
steph

Norma Rae 03-03-2013 07:02 PM

I am guessing that the spicy marinated olives and IPA I am having while listening to show is not balancing my pitta dosha. Just an hunch.

_/|\_
steph

Norma Rae 03-03-2013 07:09 PM

The discussion about viewing cruel family members/abusive relationships/etc. who are seemingly "bad" elements in our lives, as "teachers" in our lives rather than objects to be avoided reminds me of Carlos Castaneda's teachings. He--or, rather, Don Juan--calls such elements in our lives "little tyrants." And to Castaneda/Don Juan, one should celebrate finding your "little tyrant" for it is your true teacher who will challenge you and bring you to a higher awareness. I believe there is such a concept in Buddhism, also, but cannot right now think of it off the top of my head (that may be the blame of the IPA(s)).

_/|\_
steph

Chi 03-03-2013 07:38 PM

It was a great interview Shirley.
Lots of useful body mind information
that i think i needed to hear and did.
i will have to listen again tho, to absorb
the part on consciousness (i feel like i
may have missed some of that) and then
take some time to process it all. i love
these kind of shows. Thank you and
welcome back to IE.
Love,
Chi

ShelleyD 03-03-2013 10:46 PM

Just finished listening. Great show with really helpful information. Thank You! Love your laugh Shirley! :)
I took the test yesterday and I was the same as Deb and Brit. Not too sure about the "in equal balance" part though. :p

Thomas Ramey Watson 03-04-2013 12:44 PM

Christianity also talks about embracing the cross, filling out the sufferings of Christ, etc. The early Fathers had to remind people that running out begging to be martyred was not the real thing. You do what's right, and if you suffer, even die, you embrace it, knowing you're serving a greater purpose.

My guess is it's a pretty common spiritual notion, just in different words, like most bedrock spiritual notions.

Wolfdog 03-04-2013 02:25 PM

For Shirley

Thank you Shirley for the very informative and helpful interview.

Must admit to laughing out loud when you stated that telling people that they are God, "gets some people very upset !"

Have danced around Ayurvedic healing over the years but, not really explored this ancient healing wisdom in enough depth... which thanks to you, I now intend to do.

Namaste,

Wolfdog

sisterlura 03-06-2013 11:21 AM

Am listening to the interview as I type this (thank you, Shirley & Brit, for archives!) ~~ super interesting!

Took the test: I'm with Rob and Peg .. Kapha Dosha

Now learning exactly what that translates to :confused: .

LOVE these shows. So educational, and is always so wonderful to have you back here with us, Shirley.

Love,
Lura