Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   The Media (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=264)
-   -   Shirley's response (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214158)

Brit 02-05-2013 12:20 PM

Shirley's response

This is Shirley's response to her daughter:

"It's a painful moment for me as a mother and as someone who values the truth. I'm shocked and heartbroken that my daughter would make statements about me that are virtually all fiction. I've praised her lovingly and truthfully in my own autobiographies. Iím sorry to see such a dishonest, opportunistic effort from my daughter for whom Iíve only ever wanted the best."
Shirley MacLaine

caged 02-05-2013 12:54 PM

Shirley

Shirley I feel your pain. I have not seen my oldest daughter and her son for years and they live close to me. I last saw my grand son when he was 10, he is now 18 and my daughter has turned him against the family. Some times it tares me apart but I just cope with it. Right now it seems like everyone is going off the deep end. Lies can hurt bad. Your daughter may some day realize that she too had her lessons in life to learn. We are all learning our lessons. Keep your head up Shirley. (Its easier to hit right now.) HaHa.
We love you. Hang in there.:)

right now

Robin33 02-05-2013 01:11 PM

Shirley-

I am so sorry for what you are going through with this. I can Imagine the pain your daughter just caused you. Don't worry we all know its rubbish to say those things about you. You are a far better person and karma will come back to bite people in the rear eventually. Know that you are loved and I Stand behind you in this no matter what. This book is nothing more than a way for her to make a profit. Comparing you to Joan Crawford was indeed wrong. You have a good pure heart. Your a great person...

Love you

patswife 02-05-2013 04:29 PM

Shirley,
You have my support and love as always. I can't imagine what your daughter's motives for this would be other than financial. I'm sure she will come to regret this one day. I wish you peace at what must be a very trying time.
Love,
Joanne

GentleRick 02-05-2013 04:34 PM

Lot's of love to you Shirley during such a difficult time.

sisterlura 02-05-2013 04:55 PM

I stand with Caged, Robin, Joanne and Rick on this, Shirley. You have my love and support as always.

Love & Prayers,
Lura

RobKendall 02-05-2013 06:47 PM

You are loved, Shirley.

You are a being of light and joy and love.

This fact has been clear to me since I was seven years old standing outside the back of the Fox Theater in Tulsa, Oklahoma where Sweet Charity was playing. Though I couldn't go in and see the film, I knew, deep down in my soul, that there was something right about you, something full of energy, something healing, something inspiring. It awakened me and I wanted more.

Your deep love, benevolence, compassion, humanity, and soul and spirit light have shined out for us these many years now and continue even stronger today. Thank you for blessing all of us on this and all worlds.

We, and I, love you.

OneLight 02-05-2013 07:46 PM

Shirley, surrounding you with love and hugs
during this painful time.

And sending loving energies to surround your
daughter to provide what she most needs right now.

Love...Peg

Harmon s 02-05-2013 07:50 PM

Harmon

Who loves you baby!Your people right or wrong we are on your side.

Steve Harmon

ShelleyD 02-05-2013 11:06 PM

Shirley~

My heart goes out to you at this time. Your public response is dignified and touching and as always you have taken the high road.
Just hold your head high and stand in truth knowing that so many love and support you.
As for me~you can be sure of loyalty, respect, and support always.

Also sending energy and prayers for a higher power protection to surround you as you go through this experience.

Love,
Shelley xoxo

Robin33 02-06-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyD
Shirley~

My heart goes out to you at this time. Your public response is dignified and touching and as always you have taken the high road.
Just hold your head high and stand in truth knowing that so many love and support you.
As for me~you can be sure of loyalty, respect, and support always.

Also sending energy and prayers for a higher power protection to surround you as you go through this experience.

Love,
Shelley xoxo

I agree Shelley! Shirley can always count on my loyalty, respect and support Always! I will join with you Shelley in sending Shirley energy and prayers for a higher power protection surrounding her through this. She has taken the high road. I am so proud of her for doing that. Like I have said before karma, Karma and more Karma.

Shirley you are the better person!! Always remember that no matter what. Heart of Gold

Love ya
Xoxoxo

Wolfdog 02-08-2013 06:51 PM

For Shirley

Sending you a big hug through the ethers Shirley. So sorry to learn of this situation today. May your heart heal completely and your spirit be free of sorrow. Know you are loved and supported.
Sending you strength and joy.

Love,
Wolfdog

Basia 02-08-2013 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit
This is Shirley's response to her daughter:

"It's a painful moment for me as a mother and as someone who values the truth. I'm shocked and heartbroken that my daughter would make statements about me that are virtually all fiction. I've praised her lovingly and truthfully in my own autobiographies. Iím sorry to see such a dishonest, opportunistic effort from my daughter for whom Iíve only ever wanted the best."
Shirley MacLaine

I am sorry to read about your daughter and the pain it creates in your heart.
My heart goes to both of you who are working out a Karma from past life.
But as my guides used to say the only way to resolve the Karma is by forgiveness and acceptance with Love.

Last year I had a family issue and it was dificult time but truth always comes to the top for all to see sooner or latter. So my situation resolved as I was working on my feelings not to be hurt but to forgive with love. And at times it was not easy but now all has resolved and truth is shining and I am happy that I did not respond with hurt or anger towards my family members.

Shirley you can allways replay to acusations and write another book, show your side of the picture but paint this picture with love, forgivness and accepance. This Prayer helped me during my chalenge last year hope it will inspire you.

StevenOz 02-09-2013 12:12 AM

I don't think genuineness, a fine sense of humour, a big heart and a caring soul can be faked. I have read Sageing and I'm Over All That and they resonate in my heart as true. I like the idea of writing a candid and positive book about your relationship with your daughter. But it's up to you. Your reply already shows maturity and love.

Love to you Shirley, and also to your daughter! You both need a big hug at this time. :)

Love is everything,
Steven.

hamntomato 02-10-2013 11:18 PM

So sorry Shirley that you have to go through this, my heart was broken when I saw your daughter on the tv and realized that it must have brought you so much pain, definitely in your heart too. Nothing hurts as much as when your child does things that knowingly hurt you, its a real knife to the heart. I have a sometimes troubled relationship with my daughter, and I do my best to manage it but sometimes it is so difficult its hard to see through the hurt and come out the end. The only explanation I can find and I have searched high and low for the reasons behind these troubling relationships, is chinese astrology. The animal system describes the particular personality traits of persons relating to their times of birth. The prevailing energy at that time. I believe this to be the most accurate form of astrology and it goes back thousands of years. Like a snake will not get along with a chicken, that kind of thing. I am a generally mellow, kind, caring kind of person as I have had a tough upbringing, but for some reason my daughter just is very difficult at times. She even is friends with her friends mothers on facebook, but not me. And even lied to me for two years about being on there. Just the fact that I realised she can be a liar so easily troubled me.
But I know one thing, we live in very difficult times, our industrialized world, together with wars, violence everywhere, sexually suggestive tv shows, sexualization of women in media, illnesses and poor food choices have all got us to where we are today. It will take a lot of effort and a lot of inner calmness for us to get through our trials and tribulations. I wish the best for you. I will be using the Buddhist prayer above too, you should try it.

renaissance 02-12-2013 11:30 AM

Oh Shirley..I just saw this post today.You have handled this heartbreak with your usual dignity and grace. I hope this painful situation will come to resolve itself in time for you both,when it is meant to be so. Sending you big hugs,Renny
ps. your peeps are with you in spirit!!

Chi 02-12-2013 03:28 PM

i have all the respect in the world for you Shirley -
and always will.

Love,
Chi

debabbott 02-12-2013 04:51 PM

So sorry, Shirley, that you are experiencing this pain of betrayal from your daughter. I know only too well this pain, from the betrayal of my own mother. For years, I questioned, why? Why would anyone be so harmful to another?

I still do not have an answer to that. But, I do know that I learned how "not to be" from my mother. And she also provided me with the greatest opportunity to learn forgiveness so as to set myself free from her negative frame of reference and to bless her own her way.

I know, my dear friend, that you will take from this experience exactly what you need, to be the best that you can be.

Intending for your highest good always.

Love, Deb

sisterlura 02-13-2013 11:39 AM

I think you hit the nail on the head, Deb --- there just has to be something to learn from such heartbreaking, painful betrayals like this ....

I have no doubt that Shirley is (maybe?) using this incident as a means to increase her capacity to love and forgive people who hurt her ... Sachi, on the other hand, does not strike me as a particularly self-reflective soul and ultimately it's she who will be damaged the most by all of this.

I love and respect Shirley's response - she knows her Truth and doesn't waiver, nor does she seek revenge or even attempt to "set the record straight." Wouldn't the media just swoon to get a mother-daughter war publicly raging?! HA! Perhaps that's what Sachi's hoping for?!

Know who I feel REALLY sad for? Sachi's son & daughter. Their mother's book gets pretty graphic and her "poor victim me" stance makes her come across as being a helpless waif. NOT a great legacy to leave for her own children so she's hurting even more than her mom here ... Poor kids :confused:

Rats. This whole thing is just too darn sad. But I'm over my anger at Sachi. Now I just feel sorry and sad for her. I will pray for all involved in this ...

Lura :(

RobKendall 02-13-2013 12:13 PM

Thank YOU, Lura, for hitting the nail on the head.

Lura - I quite agree with you that those who are most likely hurt by this are Shirley's grandchildren. Having been betrayed by both of my parents from when I was three years old and my maternal grandmother, meaning well, told them that I was gay (this was 1964), until the hour that I came home with my high school diploma and they threw me out of the house, it was my grandparents who fearlessly, to the absolute best of their ability, saved me over and over again from going under. Inspiration came from other sources as well, including Shirley herself (see above); it was my grandparents who did the most for me. And I am certain that I didn't realize most of this at the time. Knowing now how essential these better people were to me, knowing how they were able to mold me to get me to where I am, knowing that an even better, dare I say, far better, grandparent is under attack now makes me hope that this will not come between her and these two who need her whether or not they realize this in the present moment.

Chi 02-13-2013 04:59 PM

Just to change the subject a bit;
I was reading thru the homepage today and there's a link there
that takes you to all of Shirley's books and the link states:
"My Books - Truthful Expressions of Myself as I Grow and Learn and Mature"

Amen to that! And maybe MORE than that! Because they help others
find expression in themselves. They show others a way to get the
inner core of themselves. Lord knows 'Don't Fall Off the Mountain"
was a very profound and magical one for me. It set me on the
most wonderful journey back to myself and even beyond myself.
All i gotta say is you're a class act in my book, Ms MacLaine.
i don't know why... but sometimes when i'm posting it just seems
right to call you Ms MacLaine. I hope you don't mind.
Love...

Loa 02-13-2013 05:35 PM

Dear Shirley

Iīm so sorry this is happening to you

I donīt have children but I do have parents. They have not always done things in the perfect way .. I think no parent does. But I know that everything they have done or not done regarding their children has been made in good belief and intensions , they have always tried the best they can from time to time and I know they love me.

I sincerely hope things will work out between you and your daughter. Things like this should be solved in a more healthier way then your daughter is doing. Things like this should be solved within the family. I hope she will realise that very soon Shirley.

You are my lady and I am so grateful for many good things you and your writings have brought to my life

like someone here said , try to keep your head high through this wave and find your strenght.

I will send you my best energy, thoughts and prayers

Love and hugs,
Lůa

Chi 02-13-2013 08:17 PM

i just wanted to add that ALL of your books are beautiful,
ALL of them. i've read them ALL. And can't wait for the next one.
You are a great inspiration to so many; SO MANY... Ms MacLaine.
When i was a kid, i wasn't allowed to call my elders by their
first name (even when they insisted that i could).
Remember those days? Ha! i guess now and then, i draw on that.
Love...

tecrow 02-15-2013 06:34 PM

"A Return to Love"

Hi Shirley,

Something is going on with families; sisters are turning on sister, brothers are turning on brothers. It has happened in my family. Just remember Marianne Williamson's book "A Return to Love." It is a great book to read (or re-read, as is probably the case for you) when you have been hurt or betrayed.

Forgive me for saying this, but that picture of you and your daughter on the cover of the book is the most gorgeous and adorable picture of a mother and daughter I have ever seen! You both look like angels!

You will probably write a great book on emotional healing as a result of this, and believe me, there are families that are going through similar things, just not as publicly devastating.

This too will pass, but it will take some time, years actually, unless you are proactive.

I am not any one to talk -- I have big time issues going on myself in my own family. A lot of us do and a lot of us really do feel your pain.

In Sisterhood,
T.C.

Angelwings1 02-16-2013 05:26 PM

Heart felt hugs Shirley

Dear Shirley

I would like to take this chance to tell you I think you did the best..as a mother
I no what you are going through I have a mother just this Christmas saw me after 15 years and ran out of the store...she did this twice in one month,,
You are truly an amazing woman....who has done her very best..

Brightest Blessing

AW :)

hamntomato 04-28-2013 09:19 PM

Betrayal

When you spoke of Betrayal... Deb, it made me think of my mother, she betrayed me too.. I still get very sad when I think of it. Never protecting me when I needed it, never ever telling me she loved me. Whipping me with a belt for not eating spinach. Locking me outside on saturday afternoons. Always sticking up for my brothers.... Lies..It has been a very tough battle to get through it all, so many messed up people. Are we ever gonna ask why is it that so many are like this...? Why so much betrayal, violence, chaos?
I think it is to make us turn to the creator. If we don't turn to our spiritual books and find order we will never make it. We do not make the rules, the creator does, it is called natural law and the constitution is based on it. Inalienable rights do not give us carte blanche to run roughshod over law. One way or another we will wake up..... Tomato

Cushings 04-29-2013 09:53 AM

Hello,

Such a sad sucko-drama, Shirley, you should direct/star in a film about your Real Life, love your talent for directing in Bruno, brilliant, and bring the truth to film, maybe that would straighten out your daughterís fictional life, so sorry to hear of your heartbreak, every blessing.

Love,
Di

PAULA CAMPOS 04-29-2013 05:01 PM

I remember watching Shirley in a musical production in Tottenham Court Road here in London years ago and captivated the audience with singing and dancing.

The stamina for someone at age over fifty was quite amazing, the energy like out of this world. I truly enjoyed it. EVERYTHING! But let me tell you, the warmth in that heart shined thru and I loved the part when sitting on a stool SM chats to us and then proudly shows the crowd in the theatre a photo of Sachi from her handbag.

What a beautiful moment from a multi dimensional character who loves everyone.

Norma Rae 04-29-2013 07:46 PM

Thank you

Thank you for posting this response from Shirley, Brit. While my mother and I certainly do not have a strong connection, I know she has only wanted the best (in her eyes) for me--even if that comes in the form of trying to pray my gay away. So, from Shirley's response to the pain her daughter has inflicted, I will try to be more mindful of my treatment of my own mother and will try to treat her a little bit better and with a little more care and respect even if we are worlds apart on so many levels.

Thank you for the reminder.

Two hands together from the Smoky Mountains,
Steph

Peace to all...

Norma Rae 05-10-2013 11:14 AM

P.S. (5-10-13): As I fly in for a quick visit with my own parents (see note above) on Mothers Day weekend (on my way to Las Vegas for work), mothers and daughters (sounds like a D.H. Lawrence novel) are on my mind. I am reminded of this thread, as well as the thread updating us on the recent peaceful crossing of Brit's mother.

With all this on my mind, I am also in the throes of reading The Camino for the first time and came across the following sentences, which reminded me of this thread and our oftentimes inadequate human skills to communicate with those whom we chose--at some point--to be with us in this incarnation.

With those thoughts, I simply post these poignant sentences here for your consideration:

---
"She said she had played a previous message of mine for my daughter, Sachi. She said Sachi had cried because she didn't understand why I was doing this. Sachi had never understood me or the search I was on. Well, I thought, who could understand it?" (p. 126)
---

love and light and two hands together.
Namaste,
stephanie

Kata0 05-12-2013 05:06 PM

Mother/daughter Day

On the various blogs about Sachi/Shirley's new chapter, I have expressed my fierce defense of Shirley....and after much thought I realized that spiritually Shirley has scripted this for herself to travel through as we all create the events in our life for the growth of ourselves and others. So my perspective on this story has evolved to understanding that all events occur for a reason and spiritual growth occurs from them...especially when one is Shirley. :) So Im thinking that ultimately this event has a kiss of divinity on it....as strange as it may sound. It HAS to be part of the beautiful karmic dance we all do with our soul group. So my perspective has evolved a bit on this...and again I have to thank you, Shirley, for inadvertantly being the catalyst for my growth.

sisterlura 05-13-2013 07:37 AM

I concur!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kata0
On the various blogs about Sachi/Shirley's new chapter, I have expressed my fierce defense of Shirley....and after much thought I realized that spiritually Shirley has scripted this for herself to travel through as we all create the events in our life for the growth of ourselves and others. So my perspective on this story has evolved to understanding that all events occur for a reason and spiritual growth occurs from them...especially when one is Shirley. :) So Im thinking that ultimately this event has a kiss of divinity on it....as strange as it may sound. It HAS to be part of the beautiful karmic dance we all do with our soul group. So my perspective has evolved a bit on this...and again I have to thank you, Shirley, for inadvertantly being the catalyst for my growth.

I completely agree with you, Kata .... (not that that maters, lol, but you know ... at least it proves I'm reading the posts, HA!). My perspective is evolving in this same direction. And I truly believe that EVERY event has the "kiss of divinity" on it ... it just may take time and patience and openness on our part to remain in the cracked space in order to let the light shine through ...

Love,
Lura :)

Norma Rae 05-13-2013 05:14 PM

Lura and Kata,

I absolutely agree with your perspective, and I am certain Shirley does as well as she quite often challenges others (in interviews and elsewhere) with considering otherwise horrible circumstances as opportunities to learn and grow and balance otherwise unbalanced karma.

Here are a few lines from The Camino that recall this philosophy:

---

"In other words, surrender--surrender to the knowledge that within myself was the balance of masculine and feminine and the ability to find joy in whatever occurred. All of life was a lesson in self-knowledge. The more knowledge we have of ourselves, the more we are able to deal with anything." (p. 117)(emphasis added).

From John the Scott: "Remember then that one drop of joy that you create transforms oceans of negativity." (p. 183).

---

Certainly we learn the most from those in our lives who challenge us the most--even when such challenges are particularly hostile. Carlos Castaneda's don Juan calls them your "petty tyrants," and when you meet your petty tyrant, one should throw a flippin' party because this person will be such an opportunity to learn and grow. The concept is not unusual in Buddhist teachings as well. I've got my petty tyrant. I bet you do, too! Let's party! I'll bring the cherries . . .

much peace from the scorching deserts of Las Vegas,
steph

Norma Rae 05-30-2013 06:38 PM

I just read a quote from Helen Keller shared by my teacher, Tias Little (he references her quite often). It reminded me of this thread, so thought I'd share, too:

"We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world." - Helen Keller

Namaste my Friends,
Steph