Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   The Media (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=264)
-   -   Shirley's response (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214158)

Robin33 02-06-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyD
Shirley~

My heart goes out to you at this time. Your public response is dignified and touching and as always you have taken the high road.
Just hold your head high and stand in truth knowing that so many love and support you.
As for me~you can be sure of loyalty, respect, and support always.

Also sending energy and prayers for a higher power protection to surround you as you go through this experience.

Love,
Shelley xoxo

I agree Shelley! Shirley can always count on my loyalty, respect and support Always! I will join with you Shelley in sending Shirley energy and prayers for a higher power protection surrounding her through this. She has taken the high road. I am so proud of her for doing that. Like I have said before karma, Karma and more Karma.

Shirley you are the better person!! Always remember that no matter what. Heart of Gold

Love ya
Xoxoxo

Wolfdog 02-08-2013 06:51 PM

For Shirley

Sending you a big hug through the ethers Shirley. So sorry to learn of this situation today. May your heart heal completely and your spirit be free of sorrow. Know you are loved and supported.
Sending you strength and joy.

Love,
Wolfdog

Basia 02-08-2013 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit
This is Shirley's response to her daughter:

"It's a painful moment for me as a mother and as someone who values the truth. I'm shocked and heartbroken that my daughter would make statements about me that are virtually all fiction. I've praised her lovingly and truthfully in my own autobiographies. Iím sorry to see such a dishonest, opportunistic effort from my daughter for whom Iíve only ever wanted the best."
Shirley MacLaine

I am sorry to read about your daughter and the pain it creates in your heart.
My heart goes to both of you who are working out a Karma from past life.
But as my guides used to say the only way to resolve the Karma is by forgiveness and acceptance with Love.

Last year I had a family issue and it was dificult time but truth always comes to the top for all to see sooner or latter. So my situation resolved as I was working on my feelings not to be hurt but to forgive with love. And at times it was not easy but now all has resolved and truth is shining and I am happy that I did not respond with hurt or anger towards my family members.

Shirley you can allways replay to acusations and write another book, show your side of the picture but paint this picture with love, forgivness and accepance. This Prayer helped me during my chalenge last year hope it will inspire you.

StevenOz 02-09-2013 12:12 AM

I don't think genuineness, a fine sense of humour, a big heart and a caring soul can be faked. I have read Sageing and I'm Over All That and they resonate in my heart as true. I like the idea of writing a candid and positive book about your relationship with your daughter. But it's up to you. Your reply already shows maturity and love.

Love to you Shirley, and also to your daughter! You both need a big hug at this time. :)

Love is everything,
Steven.

hamntomato 02-10-2013 11:18 PM

So sorry Shirley that you have to go through this, my heart was broken when I saw your daughter on the tv and realized that it must have brought you so much pain, definitely in your heart too. Nothing hurts as much as when your child does things that knowingly hurt you, its a real knife to the heart. I have a sometimes troubled relationship with my daughter, and I do my best to manage it but sometimes it is so difficult its hard to see through the hurt and come out the end. The only explanation I can find and I have searched high and low for the reasons behind these troubling relationships, is chinese astrology. The animal system describes the particular personality traits of persons relating to their times of birth. The prevailing energy at that time. I believe this to be the most accurate form of astrology and it goes back thousands of years. Like a snake will not get along with a chicken, that kind of thing. I am a generally mellow, kind, caring kind of person as I have had a tough upbringing, but for some reason my daughter just is very difficult at times. She even is friends with her friends mothers on facebook, but not me. And even lied to me for two years about being on there. Just the fact that I realised she can be a liar so easily troubled me.
But I know one thing, we live in very difficult times, our industrialized world, together with wars, violence everywhere, sexually suggestive tv shows, sexualization of women in media, illnesses and poor food choices have all got us to where we are today. It will take a lot of effort and a lot of inner calmness for us to get through our trials and tribulations. I wish the best for you. I will be using the Buddhist prayer above too, you should try it.

renaissance 02-12-2013 11:30 AM

Oh Shirley..I just saw this post today.You have handled this heartbreak with your usual dignity and grace. I hope this painful situation will come to resolve itself in time for you both,when it is meant to be so. Sending you big hugs,Renny
ps. your peeps are with you in spirit!!

Chi 02-12-2013 03:28 PM

i have all the respect in the world for you Shirley -
and always will.

Love,
Chi

debabbott 02-12-2013 04:51 PM

So sorry, Shirley, that you are experiencing this pain of betrayal from your daughter. I know only too well this pain, from the betrayal of my own mother. For years, I questioned, why? Why would anyone be so harmful to another?

I still do not have an answer to that. But, I do know that I learned how "not to be" from my mother. And she also provided me with the greatest opportunity to learn forgiveness so as to set myself free from her negative frame of reference and to bless her own her way.

I know, my dear friend, that you will take from this experience exactly what you need, to be the best that you can be.

Intending for your highest good always.

Love, Deb

sisterlura 02-13-2013 11:39 AM

I think you hit the nail on the head, Deb --- there just has to be something to learn from such heartbreaking, painful betrayals like this ....

I have no doubt that Shirley is (maybe?) using this incident as a means to increase her capacity to love and forgive people who hurt her ... Sachi, on the other hand, does not strike me as a particularly self-reflective soul and ultimately it's she who will be damaged the most by all of this.

I love and respect Shirley's response - she knows her Truth and doesn't waiver, nor does she seek revenge or even attempt to "set the record straight." Wouldn't the media just swoon to get a mother-daughter war publicly raging?! HA! Perhaps that's what Sachi's hoping for?!

Know who I feel REALLY sad for? Sachi's son & daughter. Their mother's book gets pretty graphic and her "poor victim me" stance makes her come across as being a helpless waif. NOT a great legacy to leave for her own children so she's hurting even more than her mom here ... Poor kids :confused:

Rats. This whole thing is just too darn sad. But I'm over my anger at Sachi. Now I just feel sorry and sad for her. I will pray for all involved in this ...

Lura :(

RobKendall 02-13-2013 12:13 PM

Thank YOU, Lura, for hitting the nail on the head.

Lura - I quite agree with you that those who are most likely hurt by this are Shirley's grandchildren. Having been betrayed by both of my parents from when I was three years old and my maternal grandmother, meaning well, told them that I was gay (this was 1964), until the hour that I came home with my high school diploma and they threw me out of the house, it was my grandparents who fearlessly, to the absolute best of their ability, saved me over and over again from going under. Inspiration came from other sources as well, including Shirley herself (see above); it was my grandparents who did the most for me. And I am certain that I didn't realize most of this at the time. Knowing now how essential these better people were to me, knowing how they were able to mold me to get me to where I am, knowing that an even better, dare I say, far better, grandparent is under attack now makes me hope that this will not come between her and these two who need her whether or not they realize this in the present moment.