Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Books! Books! Books! (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=288)
-   -   Proof of Heaven (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214030)

OneLight 12-06-2012 08:50 PM

Proof of Heaven

As I do each Sunday morning, I start off my day watching Oprah's Super Soul Sunday. If you have not yet taken the opportunity to view this program, I highly recommend it. She interviews people from all walks of life, some well known like Deepak, Myss, etc., and others not so well known, like last Sunday's guest, Dr. Eben Alexander.

Dr. Alexander is a neurosurgeon of many years, and if ever there was a hard-core, scientific, prove it, I'll believe it when I see it kind of guy, this is him! Or, should I now say, this was him. But not any more.

In 2008, at age 54, he was struck down by an extremely rare illness bacterial E-coli meningitis that left him in a coma for 7 days. Of those who contract this, the stats are that only about 10% survive, but that survival leaves them in a completely vegetative state, sometimes for years.

Not only did he beat the odds, he made a full recovery and wrote about his experiences in his book "Proof of Heaven". The title is in reference to his NDE experiences while in that 7-day coma.

If you've ever wondered what's it like to die, what we experience, what happens to us, what is the spirit world really like, this book can give you an idea. He has a way of writing that puts you right there with him. You actually feel what he is feeling, both tangibly and mentally. He weaves us thru the labyrinth of creation and our connection and oneness with all.

After coming out of the coma and gaining his faculties, he was not only stunned by what he experienced, but humbled as he remembered how he (the scientific medical doctor prior to this) would gently placate his own patients who described similar experiences (while inwardly adhering to his medical belief of a physical cause for this event).

He writes very clearly of both sides of the coin the scientific/medical processes the body experiences, and the other world consciousness the spirit experiences.

Deb and I are reading this together via phone each night in ebook form. We are only about half way thru, but to me, it is such a good read, I just have to share it with you. The topic itself is not new to any of us here, but I find it exciting when more and more of this material gets exposure, affirming some of our own experiences and writings, my own included.

Namaste...Peg

patswife 12-07-2012 04:14 PM

Hi Peg,
I have seen him interviewed on the Dr. Oz show and thought he was quite interesting. The book has really taken off and has become a best seller--which just proves how many people are wanting to know more about this subject. Wouldn't it be great to hear Shirley interview him? Maybe it will happen.
Love,
Joanne

OneLight 12-08-2012 09:45 AM

Yes Joanne, I agree, an interview with Shirley on IE Radio
would be fantastic.

Maybe if we all send that thoughtform out there, it will fall
into place and happen!

Love...Peg

monti1980 12-08-2012 08:56 PM

Amazing

I was just telling my husband the same thing, wishing Shirley would interview him. I have seen him on several shows recently and so enjoyed it. He being a neurosurgeon really enlightens the information. He lifted my spirits and gave me so wonderful insight. I hope we can get him to come....

OneLight 12-09-2012 10:20 AM

Hey monti !

Since you connected with several of his interviews, I think
you would really enjoy reading his book. It is (IMHO) just
fabulous.

What I like especially is that topics like this (which have been
around for many many years, especially in metaphysical circles)
are finally getting some serious exposure by credentialed
individuals who normally would not have given the topic a
second glance.

Love...Peg

Cher O 12-10-2012 06:08 PM

Dear Peg,

Thank you for recommending this book. I just got it for my e-reader on Amazon. You have been so helpful with my recommended reading. :) I wouldn't know where to start without you.... I look forward to reading this and discussing it with you and Deb. Thanks again for your help populating my e-reader. Love, C.

OneLight 12-10-2012 08:49 PM

Oh, so glad you got the book, Cher!
I'd love to discuss it with you and look forward to that.

Love n Hugs...Peg

Loa 02-20-2013 04:39 PM

Ive heard a lot of this book and I cant wait to get it and read it ... and discuss it with you :)

Love , La

OneLight 02-20-2013 04:53 PM

Loa,
I'm sure you will enjoy this book. It is very illuminating.
I'd love to discuss it with you ... anytime :)

Love n Hugs to you, dear friend
Peg

Loa 02-21-2013 02:39 PM

thank you dear Peg :)

I will look out for it tomorrow in some bookstore. Hope I will find it. I work so close to death everyday that it has kind of becomed my life , so this one should be something for me :)

hugs to you ,
La