Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   I.E. Radio (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=278)
-   -   Baltho, The Dog Who Owned a Man (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=214006)

Brit 11-25-2012 07:54 AM

Baltho, The Dog Who Owned a Man

Hi
Tonight's IE Radio will be with Dr. Thomas Ramey Watson about his new book:
Baltho, The Dog Who Owned a Man

http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/ieradio/about/next

It should be a an uplifting end to a Thanksgiving weekend. Hope you tune in!

Sunday Nov 25
6 PM PST - 9 PM EST
BE

Wolfdog 11-25-2012 07:07 PM

For Brit

Loved the show Brit! Great job! Tugged my heartstrings terribly...as I am without my last four fur people and my husband has banned me from the pound!

Didn't know Shirley's beloved Terry had crossed. So sad to learn of that.

Best to you.
Love,
Wolfdog

sunni6ft 11-25-2012 07:20 PM

Wonderful interview and validations. Great interview. Thank you Brit and Thomas. Love my fur babies and exactly, nobody deserves to be an orphan!! My Cat Miller is my watch cat and yes he talks a lot and lets me know what is going on. My neighbor thought I was crazy when I told him he could talk, all he had to do was listen. Now, my neighbor can't believe how much Miller talks, even goes into his house when I need to leave.

Shirley, so sorry about Terry. I had no idea. (((Terry))) (((Shirley))))

Brightest Blessings,
Sunni/Jane

Brit 11-26-2012 08:39 AM

Oh my - I am so sorry if I gave the impression Terry had crossed. Terry is still around and in New Orleans with Shirley. But Terry is getting older (13) and she told Shirley that Shirley needed to find another little rat terrier for her - hence Buddy is now part of the family.

Shirley and I both think Terry will stay around longer now because Buddy is part of the family.

I do apologize if I didn't make myself clear enough.
Blessings
BE

StevenOz 11-26-2012 12:28 PM

Typo which changes meaning. :)

Don't you mean that Buddy is "NOW part of the family", rather than "not part of the family"? :)

Brit 11-26-2012 12:52 PM

I did :) Altho there have been times... LOL after all he's a high energy 18 mo old male

Wolfdog 11-26-2012 03:14 PM

For Brit

Soooo happy to hear that Terry is still with Shirley! and, I agree that the puppy will keep Terry around longer! Yea! (Must be interesting travelling with two of them!)

Thanks again for the thoughtful show.

Love,
Wolfdog

PS My cat Rascal was a "returner""...even had the exact same markings of his precious predecessor. The first one lived to be 16 and Rascal lived to be 19. He always slept on my head much to my husband's chagrin.

ShelleyD 11-27-2012 01:34 AM

I am thinking here that mercury is still in retro!?

Brit~a little subliminal "not" for "now"? Lol

18 months is really young for a high energy terrier. Probably another year to go before he settles down. :eek:
Here's to many more happy, healthy, years for Terry! She may just refuse to leave this crazy little guy without her supervision. :)

As for reincarnated babies...I believe that the male husky that I have now is a female rescue that I once had who went to heaven very young, at the age of 6 years old due to insulin resistant diabetes.
Koda was born that same year in the fall and he acts exactly like her. Sometimes I even call him her name by accident.

Great show Brit!

Thomas Ramey Watson 12-01-2012 07:52 PM

Hi everyone. Sorry it's taken me so long to join the conversation here. I had a wonderful time with Brit last week and hope to be talking with her again. Despite the hope I have that Baltho/Hattie has returned and wants to be called Melchior this time, it was an emotional show and I had to pick myself up over the next few days.

Please feel free to join Baltho's Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/BalthoTheD...51?notif_t=like
and help me spread the word about the book. It isn't yet in bookstores and probably won't make it till after the New Year. :(

You can go to Amazon and check out the inside of the Kindle and the paperback. The SURPRISE ME button is fun. You never know what you'll land on or how far it will let you go forward and back.

If you order, please order from my site, where you can get signed books and memorabilia using Pay Pal. There's no middle man here, so I make more in profit (and that's super important at this juncture in my life). However, a sale is a sale, and I'm still glad, so do what you will.
http://www.thomasrameywatson.com/editing/

Thanks for all your support!

Thomas Ramey Watson 12-08-2012 10:18 AM

Baltho: The Dog Who Owned a Man copies just arrived

The UPS just delivered 500 copies of Baltho paper backs along with bubble envelopes to mail them in. I'll gladly inscribe and sign your books if you order them directly from me. You can also order Baltho memorabilia. Go to my site, where you can pay using Pay Pal. http://www.thomasrameywatson.com/editing

Thomas Ramey Watson 12-17-2012 03:24 PM

Picture of Hattie's reincarnation

If you go to my FB page you can see a pic of Hattie's reincarnation. The signs were clear and multiple. He's 5 weeks old as of Sat. 10 Dec. 2012 and wants to be known as Melchior this time. I figure he wants to emphasize the therapist aspect of his personality again, since Balthazar was one the 3 Wise Men, and Melchior another. Next time it'll be Caspar! ;)

https://www.facebook.com/thomas.watson.790

Thomas Ramey Watson 12-19-2012 01:55 PM

Custom bookmarks now also available

My custom Baltho, The Dog Who Owned a Man bookmarks just arrived. So now I have small posters, mailing labels, and business cards--as well as signed books--available on my website: http://www.thomasrameywatson.com/editing

Thomas Ramey Watson 12-19-2012 05:18 PM

If nothing else, please ask your local and school/college/university libraries to order a copy of Baltho for their collections. This helps get the word out! Thanks.

Thomas Ramey Watson 12-20-2012 09:55 AM

Another communication from Melchior

Melchior communicated with me again yesterday. He said he is looking forward to being with Figgy again. "Figgy?" I said. "Noir was Figgy," he said.

I guess that makes sense. I think animal souls tend to reincarnate in their pack. Since Figgy came from my cat hoarder sister's menagerie, he would reincarnate from her hoard if I was to find him again. Not knowing this, my little sister, chose him to rescue and take to me a year and a half ago.

"Blake also wants to join us," Melchior added.

Oh good," I thought. Blake often made me laugh with his bravado that finally got him killed. When he hustled down the street to keep up with me and Hattie, his little toy poodle ears would fly out from his head like ear flaps, esp. when the wind was blowing in his face. I know that he and Baltho hooked up in the life between lives when, after Baltho died, they visited every night for 10 nights, waking me up by jumping on the bed. When Blake followed us home shortly after Hattie died, having been rescued from Federal Blvd. by a neighbor, I didn't think about his being the little coal colored toy poodle that always came with Baltho, though some of the other dogs varied.

It took me maybe a year for the light to go on.

So he's welcome. I hope he's not so foolhardy this time.

Thomas Ramey Watson 12-24-2012 10:38 PM

This is Melchior (AKA Hattie and Baltho in earlier incarnations) at 5 weeks. He'll be coming home early January.

Remember he told me what he wants to be called and that I'd know him because he'd be an unexpected color, which he is. The breeder expected all puppies to be black and silver and black and red. The rest are.

Thomas Ramey Watson 12-24-2012 10:40 PM

I hear he's a little spitfire. As I told the breeder, I would expect him to have a strong personality.

Thomas Ramey Watson 12-25-2012 02:42 PM

Some have asked if I actually hear Melchior's voice. Sort of. It's internal and does have a more eager-boy quality to it now than it did before Hattie was incarnate in Melchior. Before that, her disincarnate voice sounded more reserved and wise, like her, with a bit more feminine quality.

The evolution of all this communication has been, and is, quite fascinating.

Thomas Ramey Watson 01-04-2013 05:59 PM

This Tues or Wednesday Melchior said, "I'm coming on Friday." On Thursday, Deb Ann, the breeder, PMd me to say she was thinking of bringing him to me this weekend because she had some other dogs to take to the airport in Denver.

Right again, or almost.

I wondered if Deb Ann had told Melchior about her plans--or if he'd overheard--or if he'd just intuited it. I'm thinking maybe he figured she'd be getting him ready for the journey today.

Thomas Ramey Watson 01-11-2013 11:56 AM

Melchior arrives tomorrow (Sat.) morning

If all goes as planned he'll be home. We've had a couple of delays in the past 12 days or so.

The breeder says he's very outgoing and well adjusted.

I said, "I should think so. He's an old soul. He comes in with lots of wisdom to draw on."

Thomas Ramey Watson 01-12-2013 02:17 PM

Melki has come home.

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums...326833777_o.jpg[/URL]

He already knows how to pose!

sisterlura 01-12-2013 02:56 PM

Oh, he's a beauty, Thomas!! And he does seem to have "old soul" eyes!

Thomas Ramey Watson 01-12-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterlura
Oh, he's a beauty, Thomas!! And he does seem to have "old soul" eyes!

Thanks, Sister Lura. He's the third incarnation of the dog I first knew in this life as Baltho. I'm certain. He's settled right in already. People kept telling me not to expect too much since he's a puppy. But I figured we knew more than they.

He's shown a good appetite. I was told he might not eat anything for a day or so.

The only thing is to help him learn to pee and poop outside, but that will come. It's really frigid here, which doesn't help. But that's due to change on Tues again.

Thomas Ramey Watson 01-16-2013 01:43 AM

Melkie gets better and better. He pees shortly after stepping foot outside and hardly has any accidents inside. I take him out maybe 20 mins. after he eats solid food, and he poops. He never runs off but follows me around. So we've been walking down the hill and around a third of the little lake behind the house. Tonight I took him outside with Sky and King (the neighbor's pit bull). He stayed with us and followed Sky inside the house on his own. (Getting him to cross the threshold has been a problem.) I wish I could say that King were so well behaved. He ran around out back for I dunno how long, despite my calling and calling.

Angelwings1 01-16-2013 06:55 PM

Sea Weed

Hello Britt

Thankyou for the wonderful show on Seaweed...Ironically I had a seaweed snack in my cupboard, and soon as I had the snack ,I started to feel better....I have Hypothyroidism, :) :) so I realize the benefits of Iodine.... are far greater than I had known...I am going to incorporate it in my diet more...

thanks once again...

Thomas Ramey Watson 01-20-2013 11:30 AM

Yesterday afternoon Melchior's urge to chew on everything in sight really kicked in. My poor hands and wrists, neck, chin--everything he can get his mouth on--have become target of those razor teeth! I've been bleeding every since, in one spot or another. Yikes. I keep pointing out his many chew toys, knotted socks, balls, and whatever else he's found strewn about the floor. I've given him and Sky several little chews.

But the need to chew goes on!

Thomas Ramey Watson 01-20-2013 11:39 AM

Don't forget to pick up your copy of Baltho, The Dog Who Owned a Man either directly from me (signed or unsigned), on Amazon.com (available in paper and on Kindle), or elsewhere. I'm sure you'll love it.

Thomas Ramey Watson 01-20-2013 01:55 PM

Amazon.com has marked down the price of Baltho considerably to 10.14 and the Kindle to 9.63 USD. Now's a great time to buy. Of course if you want signed memorabilia, you can still buy directly from me at http://www.thomasrameywatson.com/editing/

Thomas Ramey Watson 01-22-2013 11:37 PM

Please help me disseminate the press release for Baltho.

Thomas Ramey Watson 01-26-2013 11:53 AM

Ordering books

Please ask your local libraries and school libraries (high school, college and university) to order the book for their patrons. I need all the help I can get with book sales and publicity. If you know other good places that might like to interview me, please use the PR sheet above to spread the word. Contact information is there.

Thanks.

Thomas Ramey Watson 01-28-2013 11:53 PM

My Amazon Baltho sales rank was almost 2 million earlier today. People must have bought a number of copies. It's down to Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #262,049 in Books (See Top 100 in Books) right now. I was getting worried about how far it'd drop. Amazon even lowered the price to $9.69!

Thomas Ramey Watson 02-01-2013 04:03 PM

Melchior is growing and he and Noir are becoming friends

[URL=]

Thomas Ramey Watson 02-16-2013 11:40 PM

I finally got Melchior registered

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...537018410_n.jpg

Thomas Ramey Watson 02-16-2013 11:53 PM

Hattie announced her birth to me the day after she was born. The puppies weren't expected till later in the week. It felt kinda risky to tell Deb what Hattie'd told me--and that she'd be an "unexpected color" and wanted to be called Melchior this time. All was true.

Wolfdog 02-18-2013 05:33 PM

Thank you Thomas for all the postings. Ordered your book today and am looking forward to reading it. Loved your interview with Brit.

And, of course...loved your photos of Melchoir and your kitty,too !

Thank you for being...the world needs more like you !

Love and Best Wishes,
Wolfdog

PS You were very brave to adopt a puppy in the winter !

Thomas Ramey Watson 02-18-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfdog
Thank you Thomas for all the postings. Ordered your book today and am looking forward to reading it. Loved your interview with Brit.

And, of course...loved your photos of Melchoir and your kitty,too !

Thank you for being...the world needs more like you !

Love and Best Wishes,
Wolfdog

PS You were very brave to adopt a puppy in the winter !

You must be Nancy Belle. Thanks so much. Because you were so kind as to order directly from me when you could have paid less using Amazon.com, I'm going to send you a signed copy of Baltho instead of the unsigned that you ordered. Please email me: trw@thomasrameywatson.com and tell me what you want me to say in the inscription.

http://www.thomasrameywatson.com/editing/

I thought about when Melchior was born. We are both November babies. Fortunately we've had a mild winter and he's an old soul. Growing by leaps and bounds every day and learning fast!

Join us on Face Book!

Thomas Ramey Watson 02-19-2013 11:23 PM

If you tried to take advantage of the special prices on Baltho, only to find that my pay pal buttons weren't working, I apologize. They're working now. Thanks.

Thomas Ramey Watson 02-21-2013 10:12 AM

Hi Wolfdog, I mailed your copy of Baltho yesterday media mail. It should arrive some time next week, probably midweek.

Sky, the Afghan show dog that I adopted the day I had to take Hattie to the vet to be euthanized, jumped into the car on top of it, marring the mailing envelop The P.O. taped over the marring. The bubbles underneath the paper over them were fine.

Just so you know. ;)

Wolfdog 02-22-2013 04:39 PM

For Thomas

No biggie! Sorry to hear about Hattie...
and thanks for sending the book.
I never judge a book by its cover! lol...

Best to you,
Wolfdog

Thomas Ramey Watson 02-23-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfdog
No biggie! Sorry to hear about Hattie...
and thanks for sending the book.
I never judge a book by its cover! lol...

Best to you,
Wolfdog

Hattie began to communicate with me shortly after death about her immanent return, which was postponed a year. Last fall she told me, "'I'm cooking." Indeed she was, though the Afghan rescue woman who arranged Sky's adoption to me, didn't think so. (I figured she ought to come back through her line; the breeder is in Cheyenne.) The story continued through several messages. She said she'd be an unexpected color. She was. And she wanted to be called Melchior this time. She--he--is.

Hattie was Baltho's second incarnation with me.

Wolfdog 02-27-2013 04:08 PM

For Thomas

Sweet!

PS your book arrived Monday..and in perfect condition. Had to smile at the tape over the doggie enthusiasm moment !
Wow, you were fast . I encourage everyone on here to order one from you!

Thanks again,
Wolfdog