Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Encounterboard Family (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Happy Thanksgiving (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=213996)

ShirleyMac 11-21-2012 12:04 PM

Happy Thanksgiving

Hello

I know that this time of year can be difficult by itself, but when coupled with the recent natural disasters, wars and conflicts, and general global tension, it can be extremely trying and stressful.

Take a moment and mentally list the items in your life that make you smile, feel appreciation for, and comfort you. It doesn't matter what it is - it is YOUR list.

Every time you begin to feel pressure or stress, take a deep breath, close your eyes and see one of the items on your list.

We each have so many wonderful blessings that grace our lives each day. Let us take a moment to acknowledge them.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

S_Amberly 11-21-2012 01:55 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of the wonderful people on this site. I am thankful for you all!

patswife 11-21-2012 05:14 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I'm very grateful for this site and the many wonderful people I have met here! Hope you all enjoy the holiday, no matter how you spend it.
Love,
Joanne

Cher O 11-21-2012 05:37 PM

Thank you for your wonderful advice, Shirley.

This is definitely the year for me to be grateful and full of thanksgiving. This site has been a godsend. Thank you so much, Shirley and Brit, for giving us this place to come and share ourselves with others. Some of us are separated from our families and all our cyber friends here take up the slack. This is a warm and fuzzy home away from home. Love, Cher

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone and a merry holiday season!

debabbott 11-21-2012 06:18 PM

Happy Thanksgiving...

I am just floating in a state of gratitude this year. Sean and I have come so far. And now, we are on the verge of getting him home. What a beautiful blessing that is.

Thank you all so very much for all your prayers and loving intentions in our life.

Love, Deb

OneLight 11-21-2012 06:43 PM

Thank you Shirley.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Terry and Buddy, and Brit, Lee, & BJ,
and all our SM.com family.

May blessings abound, and may the Light of Peace reach the hearts
of all peoples on this planet...

Love...Peg

ShelleyD 11-21-2012 07:40 PM

Thank you Shirley~
Such a good reminder because so much of the time we think of what we want and what we think is missing, instead of all the many blessings that we actually do have.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Brit and your loved ones, both two and four legged.

And Happy Thanksgiving to all here who read this. There are so many special people here. :)

Chi 11-21-2012 07:44 PM

One of the things on my list is you.
i acknowledge you.

Love,
Chi

Cushings 11-22-2012 12:10 AM

Wishing a "Happy Thanksgiving" to all, thank you Shirley for the 'stress-buster' it's a great idea, every blessing to everyone, their loved ones and families.

Love,
Di

golden ray 11-22-2012 04:57 AM

"Things that make you smile"

Just had to say that I was looking at your pictures on Google, and those made me smile!

The LEGS ...... man o man ..... there aren't words, sublime doesn't begin to cover it. Simply perfection.

The smile and that vibrant HAIR!!!

Yes, you made me smile today, thanks!