Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Encounterboard Family (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   prayers, please!!!! (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=213947)

sisterlura 11-02-2012 08:00 AM

prayers, please!!!!

Hi, friends! A quick report ~ a neighbor got wired somehow for limited internet use so I walked here to check in and beg for your prayers for us in NJ, NY and wherever else was hit hard. Fallen trees and power lines everyplace ... now, no gas so situation's increasingly difficult. Lotds of flooding. Fortunately, we are all still healthy and things could be sooooo much worse. I hear about the coast and weep!!

Heard we may be w/o power for 2 more weeks, or longer.

At least we don't have snow like we did last year at this time!!!

Hope everyone's okay where you are -- everyone on the EB is in my prayers!

Love,
Lura

Brit 11-02-2012 11:18 AM

Hello Lura
Keeping everyone on the east coast in my prayers and energy work. Wish I could be there to help in some way or had a magic wand to bring the power back on and supply fresh water and food.

Be safe and thank you for letting us know that you are ok. Check in when you can.
Love
BE

GentleRick 11-02-2012 02:18 PM

Dear Lura,

You along with family and friends are in my daily prayers and intentions!

Stay warm, protect yourself and continue to ask for what you need.

Thank you for checking in to let us know you are alright.

Love,

Rick

OneLight 11-02-2012 08:31 PM

Lura, so glad to know you and yours are ok.
Have been including all those on the east coast
experiencing Sandy in my thoughts, prayers, and
energy work.

Stay warm, safe, and dry if you can...

Love...Peg

debabbott 11-02-2012 08:46 PM

Have been sending daily loving healing energies your way and intending for the good of all.

Love, Deb

Cher O 11-02-2012 08:52 PM

sisterlura,

So glad you are okay. I am sorry for the inconveniences you are having to deal with. Sending you loving thoughts and warm energy. Please take care of yourself. Everyone in the storm area has my prayers. Love, C.

frogborg 11-02-2012 11:37 PM

Dearest Lura
Sending love and protective energies for you and all those facing the upheaval of Mother Natures path.
xo Froggie

patswife 11-03-2012 04:36 PM

Lura, the main thing is you are safe--so grateful for that. We lost power for 2 days, but no damage or floooding in our immediate area (thankfully). I am in Connecticut. Parts of the state did get hit pretty hard, but we were very lucky. It is amazing the havoc a storm can create!
Hope everything is back to normal for you SOON!
Love,
Joanne

Brit 11-03-2012 08:36 PM

Joanne - glad to hear you weathered all well!

Lura - please let us know if you find a location where people can ship items - like blankets, clothes, candles, etc - for distribution.

Many want to help but we need a place to send things that can be distributed.
Love
BE

monti1980 11-03-2012 08:53 PM

Sending Good Thoughts

Lura I so sorry all of you are having to go through this. We have weathered some bad storms here on the Gulf Coast, but nothing on this scale except Katrina and it missed us and hit Miss. and Louisana. I have my Aunts that live up there one and all her family on Staten Island and one in Alexandria, Virginia. Please let us know if we can donate anything. If it is anything like it is here we depend on our friends and family, but under these conditions that is hard. Know that we love you and are praying for you and all of our brothers and sisters up there. I really don't know what else to say except all my thoughts are with you.

Robin33 11-03-2012 09:57 PM

Lura I am glad you are safe and well. If you need anything do not hesitate to ask. I would be more than happy to send supplies out to you and everyone else that I can. Prayers going out to you daily and I pray you continue to stay safe and warm.

<3

ShelleyD 11-03-2012 11:59 PM

Lura~

Joining in with everyone here to say that we are thinking of you and everyone else out there. I am sending out prayers and positive energy to get that power back on!

So relieved that everyone at the convent and the animals are safe.
Keep us posted and let us know how/if we can help.

Love,
Shelley

P.S. Joanne~Glad your power is back on!

sisterlura 11-04-2012 07:29 AM

you all are wonderful!

A quick check in and a grateful thank you for your prayers and offers to help. We don't have power yet but slowly areas around us are restored, so we've now got food and water. Gas rationing in effect. I'm sure there are places to send money or supplies ... a lot of emergency centers are now open ... things no longer have that disaster crisis" feel to it .... and the sun is shining, which has a FABULOUS effect on everyone!!

I find it encouraging to note that we Sisters have not missed a single chapel service during all this - and we're in communal prayer in our convent chapel 7 times a dayl I don't know gow people without faith get through stuff like this!

Hope - Love - Trust - Compassion - Friendship ..... I am soooooooo blessed and filled with gratitude for all that we have! Have a wonderful day, my friends, and let's all continue to hold one another in light and love. Ultimately, that's all any of us can hold with surety.

Much love,
Lura

renaissance 11-05-2012 02:51 PM

Sending you all thoughts and prayers of a speedy recovery from Sandy's wrath.May all your necessities come to you asap! hugs from Renny