Top 20 ways to boost your immunity against colds and flu without using vaccines
Dear NaturalNews readers,
The big winter flu shot vaccine push is on! You are about to be bombarded with endless messages to "get vaccinated!" They're even starting to lay a guilt trip on those who refuse vaccinations, illogically claiming that your lack of a vaccine somehow causes other people who are already vaccinated to catch the flu. Yeah, I know, it makes no sense, but then again the entire vaccine industry is based on the same fantasy logic as unicorns, fairies, leprechauns and garden gnomes.
In any case, it's important to find ways to boost your immune system and shield yourself from colds and the flu without resorting to jabbing yourself in the arm with a cocktail of mercury, formaldehyde, aluminum and MSG. Oh yes, all those things are found in vaccines, according to the CDC.
So to avoid all that, here's my list of the top 20 ways to boost your immune system without resorting to deadly vaccines and all the toxic additives they contain.
The top 20 ways to boost your immunity to colds and flu without using a vaccine
1) Take a vitamin D supplement every day. Check our Vitamin D guide for details about choosing the proper dosage.
2) Get as much sunlight as you can for as late into the year as you can manage. Even getting sunlight on just your face helps produce more vitamin D in your body.
3) Drink immune-boost beverages like organic Cocoa Mojo, which contains a blend of 4 medicinal mushrooms. And it tastes like a delicious hot chocolate!
4) Use a high-quality air filter in your home to filter out bacteria and mold spores that may be circulating inside your home.
5) Get regular exercise to boost your circulation and immune strength. This exercise should be frequent and moderate. Do not over-stress yourself at the gym, or your immune system will be temporarily compromised.
6) Take supplements especially designed to protect your respiratory tract. These include Lomatium, Osha, Elderberry and more. You'll find many of these in the herbal medicine cabinets offered at the NaturalNews Store.
7) Take measures to minimize your exposure to immune-damaging chemicals such as those you'll find in laundry products, cosmetics, personal care products and fragrance products. The artificial fragrance chemicals found in most of these products are carcinogenic and cause liver damage.
8) Get off all medications that you can safely eliminate! Work with a naturopath to accomplish this, of course, as quitting medications cold turkey can also be dangerous. Most medications suppress your immune system, liver function, kidney function and even your reproductive function.
9) Eat more meals that are rich in pungent spices. Eat more curry, which is rich in turmeric. Eat more ginger. Eat more cilantro, rosemary, thyme and other rich spices. This includes cloves and nutmeg, two spices you'll typically find in eggnog drinks. These spices boost immune function and taste great, too!
10) Clean up your diet. If you're eating cheese and drinking processed milk, those substances are to be avoided during the winter influenza season, especially. In many people, cheese and dairy products tend to cause sinus stuffiness, which is really a lack of sinus circulation. This can make you more susceptible to physically catching and harboring a virus floating around.
11) Boost your trace minerals intake, especially zinc. Both zinc and selenium are hugely important for immune function. Zinc is especially well known for functioning as a shield support against many viral attacks. One of the best ways to boost your trace minerals intake is to switch to a natural sea salt or a high-mineral salt. We'll be offering these salts by Thanksgiving, by the way.
12) Move your lymph! Rebounders (mini trampolines) are great for this purpose. Jumping rope also works, as does just hopping in place for a few minutes each day. You can also do arm rotations and other simple movements to keep your lymph circulating. Lymph movement is crucial for immunity.
13) Take immune-protective herbal tinctures such as goldenseal, garlic, echinacea, osha root and elderberry. All of these herbs are found in the Enerfood Herbal Medicine Cabinet - intermediate. We also have a "basic" and "advanced" kit available.
14) While you're at it, wash your hands more frequently. Many of the infections we receive during the flu season come from us touching contaminated surfaces and then touching our eyes, nose or mouth. The simple act of washing your hands can dramatically cut down on viral infections.
15) At the same time, demand high levels of hygiene by those around you. Ask them to wash their hands, for example. Ask them to boost their immunity with herbs, nutrients and supplements that really work. In fact, when others fail to boost their immune systems, it's actually highly irresponsible on their part. Merely relying on a vaccine is actually putting other people at risk, since vaccines don't work 99 times out of 100.
16) Have an emergency supply of colloidal silver available. Not only do you want the liquid colloidal silver, you may also want to consider an inhalable form of silver like what you'll find in the Silver Lungs product. At the Natural News Store, we currently carry GHC's colloidal silver product called Silver Fuzion, and we'll soon be carrying Sovereign Silver products.
17) Get plenty of sleep. A lack of sleep compromises the immune system.
18) Reduce your levels of chronic stress, if possible. Stress also compromises your immune system, and it even "uses up" nutrients in your body, leaving you nutritionally depleted.
19) Drink more "live" vegetable juice. If that sounds too cold, make yourself some warm but raw vegetable soups. Search online for recipes. My favorites include a raw avocado soup recipe using red peppers, to which I add some Tobasco sauce. You make these soups in a blender like the Vita-Mix.
20) Laugh a little! Watch some comedy movies, or spend some fun time with family and friends. Laughter boosts immune function at many levels. It's good for your body and your mental health. Find creative ways to expose yourself to comical situations and you'll benefit as a result. :-)
To your health,
There's a story being shared on Facebook tonight. Is it true?
Onions suck bacteria out of the air. Placing a couple of sliced onions around the house reportedly protects your family from the flu.
This is supposed to be the reason why one gets sick from a potato salad left out.
This is said to be the reason why one should not save an unused part of an onion for cooking another day.
For NYS and Rick
Thank you for this helpful post NYS. Really appreciate you sharing your wisdom. Have taken notes on info which was new to me.
And thank you, too Rick but, I bet my husband will be thrilled when I start cutting up onions and putting them all over the house. Umm place will smell fantastic! The tip about not saving some to use again is good.I never knew that and do tend to stick the rest of an onion in the refrigerator and use it again.
Never told you all, but last year I almost died from a really insidious flu bug. Had to do three courses of different antibiotics...this went on for over a month. I never asked you for prayers but, probably should have done so! This all seemed very weird because I am usually someone who never gets sick. But, later I found out that there was a very insidious strain of flu going around LA and alot of people here caught it . I did not take the flu shot and like you Rick, I am suspicious of them having read about how these concoctions are created.
Here's wishing everyone a very happy and healthy season and seasons to come!
So glad you are recovered Wolfdog! If you ever need help again, please don't hesitate to ask. That's what all your friends here are for!
Please ask us to send prayers and energy for you next time you need them!
Thanks for the posts and information. Like also info about onions.
This winter again did not get sick, and I know that it was because of the Pomegranates that I eat. In April here in Sydney which is like a October in North I buy about 100 pomegranates from a friend who has a 700 Pomegranate trees. I eat or make and drink fresh juice from them. I usually start this on new moon and finish on Full moon than have a two weeks break.
One or two pomegranate a day for two weeks is plenty to cleanse, regenerate and strenghten my immunity. I do this over 3-5 months as pomegranate can be stored in cool place for long time. Now you have Pomegranates in US so try some. Love Basia
For PatsWife and Gentle Rick
Thank you Patswife and Gentle Rick !
Wolfdog heads to the store to rummage for onions!
Thank you for posting this good info as we approach this cold/flu season. Some of the info is new to me and some are very good reminders.
I have never had a flu shot and I very rarely get sick anymore. I used to when I was younger, but I think that was because I was "burning the candle" and not getting enough rest. Also, I was working with the public in a big way and exposed to all they had going on.
To Rick~ I read that a long time ago about onions. They used to cut them and put them in the sick person's room to absorb bacteria. I don't know if it really works. Lol
Great info NYS :) Thank you!
Wolfdog... we are all here for you whenever you need us. That's true for anyone who needs energy work. We have quite a crew here and even though it is sometimes difficult to ask, please do.
Hugs to all souls! :)
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:18 AM.|
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.