Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   The Media (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=264)
-   -   Downton Abbey series 3! (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=213845)

patswife 09-17-2012 05:32 PM

Thank you,Rob! I agree, Lura. Don't our lives seem so dull compared to Shirley's? haha:)
Joanne

RobKendall 09-18-2012 08:11 PM

One more thing...

1 Attachment(s)
For those of you who own Blu-ray players:

The first two seasons of Downton Abbey, along with the recent Christmas Special, were released on Blu-ray disc in Britain in a universally coded format which was playable in the United States.

The British DVDs, on the other hand, were released in a Europe-only format and therefore unplayable on most American DVD players.

I bring this up because the Blu-ray discs of Downton Abbey 3 will be released on November 5, 2012, two months ahead of their initial PBS airing for those of us who can't wait.

sunni6ft 09-26-2012 07:47 AM

Rob

Thanks for the information. I was glued to Downton Abbey on Amazon prime for 3 days. LOVE IT! Can't wait to see Shirley in Season 3 !!!!!!

Sunni/Jane

patswife 09-26-2012 04:55 PM

Dame Maggie Smith just won an Emmy for Downton Abbey. Next year it will be Shirley!!
Joanne

jade74 09-26-2012 05:52 PM

I haven't read too many of the previous posts for fear of spoilers. I have just rented the first couple of discs of DA from Jumbo video (for those of you in Canada) and I LOVE the show. I cannot wait to see Shirley in the show. How perfect! The show has taken off here as though it were the Fifty Shades or Hunger Games series! Everyone I work with is watching, or waiting to watch. I saw the videos at the library a month ago...and now there is a huge waiting list to get them. You can't find them anywhere. I have to wait now for the rest of the season 1 discs to come back to Jumbo, then I can finish them and jump into season 2. I love Maggie Smith's character and her rivalry with Mrs. Crowley. And I love the mood and the way the show is filmed. The music too is beautiful.

Jade74

RobKendall 11-16-2012 09:57 AM

Bad News from England

Apparently, the producers of the Blu-ray disks for Downtown Abbey Series 3 decided to reverse course and only after the disks were shipped did they announce that they were European-only formatted, in contrast to Series 1 and 2 and the Christmas special which are all Region Free; too late for us Americans to cancel our orders.

Loa 11-25-2012 02:14 PM

They have started series 3 in the icelandic TV now , I watched the second show of it tonight. So thrilled and proud to see Shirley there :) she´s like a fresh wind to my favorite show Downton Abbey. I had a good laugh when she sang for the old lady tonight at the " picnic party " :D

sunni6ft 11-25-2012 06:52 PM

ARGH>>>> I can't wait to see this season...... wonderful series! Shirley is extremely great in it I'm sure!

Sunni6ft