Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   It's a Celebration! (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=292)
-   -   Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the first gathering. (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=213832)

puma 09-06-2012 12:56 PM

Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the first gathering.

Celebrating the 10 anniversary of the first gathering. It was an incredible event.

sisterlura 09-06-2012 01:04 PM

awww ... that is sooo cool ~~ thank you, puma! Could you possibly identify who's who for us newbies who weren't there but since then have sort of come to "know" y'all through your posts?

Also - any chance there will be another Gathering???

Love to all,
Lura

jordan 09-06-2012 05:51 PM

Soul group ?

Dear All,
Just popped in to thank Puma for reminding us all about a great time.
Some who attended believe that we were all there for a reason, and had come together because we were a "Soul Group". Having know each other in past lives etc. Since that first Gathering there were many others held with various original and new people attending. Shirley was never a part of the "Gathering" intentions, which was to just get together and meet everyone and connect in a deeper way. Shirley graciously surprised us all on that first Gathering, but was not at any subsequent ones. Some Gatherings were by invitiation only, and some were just among a small group of friends from this site. I only attended the first gathering, so am not an expert on the ones that came after.
If newbies would like to organise their own gathering by posting it up here and asking for participants then that is fine. Some Oldies might even come along.
Shirley may even host another Cruise, which could be a good and secure way to have a gathering for the Newbies and Oldies. OR we could petition Shirley to hold a seminar for Eboarders, and we all pay a fee for that priviledge. Or you can private message the people you most connect with here and organise to meet up for a two or three person gathering.
So start thinking about what you would like and who you would like to be there...and get GATHERING.
It is easy for me to give advice as I live 14 hours flight from L.A, so am not likely to be at anyones gathering ~
Thanks again Puma. For the memories.
Peace
J
P.S I may not post anymore but I do pop in and read the Boards, and send love and light to those in need.

jordan 09-06-2012 05:52 PM

P.p.s

It is interesting to note that I am still in contact with at least half of the original gathering group. Thanks for a great 10 years kids.
peace
J

ShirleyMac 09-08-2012 04:08 PM

Oh my! 10 years? Remember our rain meditation? And it rained? Terry fell in love with all her new friends and played out on the lawn with them. BB scooted backwards because she didn't have strength in her front legs. What was she - 4 weeks? She peed on my carpet and then on me. We all squished into my little living room quite well I recall. Wonderful Harris, WhiteFeather, shared stories and I had to gently remind him that we were going to meditate and needed quiet. Bj had a serious lupus attack and stayed at the ranch. I recall many of the faces but not all the names. I recall sitting on the back porch talking with some gentle souls. But then I am lucky to recall my own sometimes HaHa.

Yes, we should do it again. And I will be there if my schedule permits. Unfortunately my planning usually extends to the week before a picture rolls. Santa Fe in September and October is incredible. October is better as it is starting to cool off a bit and the leaves are changing. September can still be quite warm.

jordan 09-08-2012 10:36 PM

Be there or be square

Okay, see everyone at Shirleys house in oct 2013. Everyone bring a plate, and wear comfortable clothes for the meditation.
Peace
J
P.s don't forget to remove your shoes at the door.

Basia 09-09-2012 03:28 AM

So nice to read this

Happy Celebrations to You All....

patswife 09-09-2012 05:07 PM

That must having been a thrilling visit. Wish I had been there!!
Joanne

ShelleyD 09-09-2012 07:32 PM

Thanks Puma, Jordan and Shirley....I loved reading about this here and on the other Post that Puma bumped up. What an awesome experience!

YES...ShirleyMac... I / we wish you would do something in place of the cruise. I had a cabin on there for approximately 1 week. Lol
I think dry land would be good though. No pressure...in your spare time. :D

Robin33 09-10-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyD
Thanks Puma, Jordan and Shirley....I loved reading about this here and on the other Post that Puma bumped up. What an awesome experience!

YES...ShirleyMac... I / we wish you would do something in place of the cruise. I had a cabin on there for approximately 1 week. Lol
I think dry land would be good though. No pressure...in your spare time. :D

I agree Shelley.. :)

PAULA CAMPOS 09-11-2012 04:24 AM

When I was a little girl growing up in southern Africa my dad used to take me to ships docked in the coast as he seemed to know everyone. The most beautiful was called "príncipe perfeito" a huge white cruise liner and I remember a man behind the counter who offered me chocolate--those are great memories everything inside seemed to be majestic. So that's why I say that Caribbean adventure on sea cancelled by SM due to her filming schedule is a big shame--not that I intended to go myself as I live thousands of miles away but am sure others would want such a beautiful journey with the host of this website.

Seminars and meditations can be done on land and water even inside a jacuzzi I suppose--but I wish the best of luck to those who prefer gatherings in the desert and mountains.

ShirleyMac 09-12-2012 01:42 PM

Hello Paula Campos
The high desert is where I live and thrive. It's beautiful and, although dry, it is special - especially the New Mexico high desert!

PAULA CAMPOS 09-13-2012 03:02 AM

I suppose that's an invitation for me to visit you and terry LOL

Actually I was talking about diversity--that water and land is sacred, even spending time learning how to make cup cakes and gazing at the stars whilst cruising in a yacht.

xxx

renaissance 09-18-2012 02:22 PM

like like like!!

LOL!!! I wish there was a "LIKE" or "LOVE IT" button here!! I luv all your comments! They're all filled with mutual unconditional love and spirit.I love all your ideas!! Maybe one day we could meet in Abiquiu N.M. on the beautiful Chama river!I seem to recall a beautiful mosque facility, Dar Al-Islam, near Plaza Blanca I believe.I wonder if they allow outside use of their serene centre?? It truly is a place of peace and much beauty .Heaven on Earth right Shirley and anyone else blessed enough to live or have lived there:)Doesn't hurt to dream does it guys?! Mwah!

patswife 09-18-2012 04:12 PM

Hi Ren,
That sounds like a beautiful place to meet! I hope one day it happens--you're right though, we can dream, can't we? I think it would be so much fun to actually meet some of the people we have come to know through Shirley's site! You never know--could happen.:)
Love,
Joanne

sisterlura 09-18-2012 04:55 PM

I agree with you, Joanne! Doesn't hurt to dream, and hey - we just never know!

It would be really fun to meet in person ...

Love,
Lura :)

renaissance 09-20-2012 12:34 PM

Absolutely girls!! Keep those dreams alive!! It happened before right? When the time is right I believe it will be so.

Kata0 10-20-2012 05:21 PM

meetin' up

Im guessing that events will overtake us in real life in the next months and our dreams of meeting and sharing will morph into other significant events....but its nice to know that in spite of our diversity in other ways we share a strong, enduring and respectful bond.

I would have so loved to have seen everyone on the cruise,

Kata

patswife 10-21-2012 03:59 PM

Kata, Unfortunately, I think you are right. Life has a way of intruding on our best intentions. But, we do still have the Encounter Board! And who knows, maybe that cruise will be rescheduled.
Love,
Joanne