Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   It's a Celebration! (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=292)
-   -   Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the first gathering. (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=213832)

PAULA CAMPOS 09-11-2012 04:24 AM

When I was a little girl growing up in southern Africa my dad used to take me to ships docked in the coast as he seemed to know everyone. The most beautiful was called "príncipe perfeito" a huge white cruise liner and I remember a man behind the counter who offered me chocolate--those are great memories everything inside seemed to be majestic. So that's why I say that Caribbean adventure on sea cancelled by SM due to her filming schedule is a big shame--not that I intended to go myself as I live thousands of miles away but am sure others would want such a beautiful journey with the host of this website.

Seminars and meditations can be done on land and water even inside a jacuzzi I suppose--but I wish the best of luck to those who prefer gatherings in the desert and mountains.

ShirleyMac 09-12-2012 01:42 PM

Hello Paula Campos
The high desert is where I live and thrive. It's beautiful and, although dry, it is special - especially the New Mexico high desert!

PAULA CAMPOS 09-13-2012 03:02 AM

I suppose that's an invitation for me to visit you and terry LOL

Actually I was talking about diversity--that water and land is sacred, even spending time learning how to make cup cakes and gazing at the stars whilst cruising in a yacht.

xxx

renaissance 09-18-2012 02:22 PM

like like like!!

LOL!!! I wish there was a "LIKE" or "LOVE IT" button here!! I luv all your comments! They're all filled with mutual unconditional love and spirit.I love all your ideas!! Maybe one day we could meet in Abiquiu N.M. on the beautiful Chama river!I seem to recall a beautiful mosque facility, Dar Al-Islam, near Plaza Blanca I believe.I wonder if they allow outside use of their serene centre?? It truly is a place of peace and much beauty .Heaven on Earth right Shirley and anyone else blessed enough to live or have lived there:)Doesn't hurt to dream does it guys?! Mwah!

patswife 09-18-2012 04:12 PM

Hi Ren,
That sounds like a beautiful place to meet! I hope one day it happens--you're right though, we can dream, can't we? I think it would be so much fun to actually meet some of the people we have come to know through Shirley's site! You never know--could happen.:)
Love,
Joanne

sisterlura 09-18-2012 04:55 PM

I agree with you, Joanne! Doesn't hurt to dream, and hey - we just never know!

It would be really fun to meet in person ...

Love,
Lura :)

renaissance 09-20-2012 12:34 PM

Absolutely girls!! Keep those dreams alive!! It happened before right? When the time is right I believe it will be so.

Kata0 10-20-2012 05:21 PM

meetin' up

Im guessing that events will overtake us in real life in the next months and our dreams of meeting and sharing will morph into other significant events....but its nice to know that in spite of our diversity in other ways we share a strong, enduring and respectful bond.

I would have so loved to have seen everyone on the cruise,

Kata

patswife 10-21-2012 03:59 PM

Kata, Unfortunately, I think you are right. Life has a way of intruding on our best intentions. But, we do still have the Encounter Board! And who knows, maybe that cruise will be rescheduled.
Love,
Joanne