Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Good News (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=285)
-   -   'Bernie" is released! (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=213792)

ShirleyMac 08-21-2012 11:24 AM

'Bernie" is released!
 
Hello
There's no more waiting for those that didn't get to see 'Bernie' in theaters.

Bernie - the movie I made with Jack Black and Matthew McConaughey - is out today in stores on DVD, Blu-ray and VOD (video on demand) today. And download it digitally on iTunes! http://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/bernie/id521531467

The audience seemed to enjoy it - I hope you do too! :)

A Dreamer 08-21-2012 01:06 PM

Hi Shirley,

I am one of those people who can't go to the theater. Thank you
for letting us know the movie is out on DVD. I just ordered it
and expect to have it by the end of the week. I am so excited.
I just loved the trailer and the clips I have seen. :)

Thanks again,
AD

Cushings 08-21-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dreamer
Hi Shirley,

I am one of those people who can't go to the theater. Thank you
for letting us know the movie is out on DVD. I just ordered it
and expect to have it by the end of the week. I am so excited.
I just loved the trailer and the clips I have seen. :)

Thanks again,
AD


Me too, Dreamer, not very mobile as time passes, so this is great news, felt so gulity not going, but physical circumstances did not allow that luxury, will get it from Netflix, then most likely buy one, not doubt from Amazon, that comapny works well for me, very quick, but Netflix will be here on Thursday, will be very happy, thank you Shirley for your hard work, and please keep making more films.

Love,
Di

Robin33 08-22-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyMac
Hello
There's no more waiting for those that didn't get to see 'Bernie' in theaters.

Bernie - the movie I made with Jack Black and Matthew McConaughey - is out today in stores on DVD, Blu-ray and VOD (video on demand) today. And download it digitally on iTunes! http://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/bernie/id521531467

The audience seemed to enjoy it - I hope you do too! :)


I got it yesterday and watched it as well... Great Job Shirley on such a great movie.. You were fantastic in the movie and so was Jack Black. :)

Kata0 08-24-2012 07:26 PM

Bernie, Hubby, and Pizza
 
Should be a great Friday night, cant wait for all of it!

K.

Cushings 08-25-2012 12:33 AM

Hello,

Watched Bernie yesterday and today, the broom part is really funny, and a lot more, thank you, Shirley, et al.

Love,
Di

Carmen Camille 08-25-2012 12:21 PM

I rarely to to the theater anymore...bad back...uncomfortable seats..

So, YEAH!! I will look for it on DVD!!

sisterlura 08-25-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cushings
Hello,

Watched Bernie yesterday and today, the broom part is really funny, and a lot more, thank you, Shirley, et al.

Love,
Di



Oh, boy! I haven't seen any preview clips of a "broom part" ~ can't wait to see this movie! Hoping to get out to buy it on Monday :D

Carmen Camille 08-26-2012 10:22 AM

Good News for Shirley and "Bernie"
 
BOTH Redboxes were sold out of Bernie today, so I had to go to Blockbuster to get it and it's was selling pretty good there too!

I have my day set...making homemade cream of tomato basil soup, have good cheese and crackers to go with it and I will watch Bernie while I'm cooking in the kitchen!

Hopefully, I will see you guys tonite in the chat room, but my computer is acting up!

patswife 08-28-2012 06:11 PM

Carmen, that soup and cheese and crackers sound so good! Hope you enjoy the movie--I did!!
Love,
Joanne

Pema Norpal 08-28-2012 06:47 PM

I loved it, Shirley!
 
Just finished watching..it is so well done! We really got to know both of the main characters.

I really enjoyed the way it explains, in details, how everyone felt in town.

Jack surprised me with his talents and you, of course, did a great job in your role.

At first, I didnt recognize Matthew..I thought this actor was copying Matthew's style of acting, and then I realized that it was him!

You all did such good work! Congratulations!

Hugs
Pema

Cushings 08-28-2012 08:33 PM

Hello,

This post is for all of my fellow "Bernie-ites" it is Jack Black's 43 birthday today, send him a wish on FB.

Love,
Di

Lasep 09-02-2012 09:31 AM

I watched Bernie last night. What a fun and interesting movie. Shirley, you never cease to amaze me. Wonderful. You and Jack were fabulous together. And the "chewing", too funny!

patswife 09-02-2012 05:23 PM

The "chewing" was one of the funniest parts for me. It still makes me laugh when I think about it!
Joanne

Cushings 09-02-2012 10:14 PM

Yeah, the chewing part was good, Joanne, even after her death he could still see that as she haunted him, great film.

Love,
Di

sisterlura 09-03-2012 03:08 PM

FINALLY, watched the movie today! Loved it!!!! Did Jack Black do all his own singing? Wow ~ who knew he could sing so well?!

Shirley -- wonderful!!

The freezer came way too soon, lol.

Love,
Lura

patswife 09-03-2012 05:54 PM

Lura,
I agree that the freezer came way too soon!~ I was thinking--"oh, no! Is that it for Marjorie? So soon?" That was my one complaint--Shirley's part was TOO small!! Otherwise, it was a very entertaning film. I hope everyone here has the chance to see it and will give us their opinions.
Joanne

sisterlura 09-07-2012 06:31 AM

Can't resist putting in a plug for buying the DVD, if you can, as opposed to just watching the movie in a theater or from Netflix. It includes some special "featurettes", including some funny scenes that were deleted, interviews with "the gossips," and with the Richard Linklater & Skip Hollandsworth, and more of Jack Black's amazing singing!

:D

Lah 09-09-2012 11:32 AM

:)
 
I bought it on Itunes.. it is on my Iphone now..lol

Carmen Camille 09-09-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patswife
Lura,
I agree that the freezer came way too soon!~ I was thinking--"oh, no! Is that it for Marjorie? So soon?" That was my one complaint--Shirley's part was TOO small!! Otherwise, it was a very entertaning film. I hope everyone here has the chance to see it and will give us their opinions.
Joanne


I too would rather have seen more of Shirley before they so rudely 'offed' her. I think it was a very unusual story line. Certainly something we haven't seen before. I found myself emotionally on both sides with the characters more than once.

ShelleyD 09-09-2012 07:59 PM

Thanks Lura for the info on the DVD. I think I will buy it now to see the special features.

I saw it on the big screen the first day it got here to Vegas...not that I was impatient or anything. ;)

I agree with you all...I would have liked some more Marjorie/Bernie time and maybe less of some other stuff, but all in all it is a really good movie and SO interesting because it is a true story. I recommened it to people because I know they will enjoy it.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:11 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.