Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Good News (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=285)
-   -   'Bernie" is released! (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=213792)

Pema Norpal 08-28-2012 06:47 PM

I loved it, Shirley!

Just finished watching..it is so well done! We really got to know both of the main characters.

I really enjoyed the way it explains, in details, how everyone felt in town.

Jack surprised me with his talents and you, of course, did a great job in your role.

At first, I didnt recognize Matthew..I thought this actor was copying Matthew's style of acting, and then I realized that it was him!

You all did such good work! Congratulations!

Hugs
Pema

Cushings 08-28-2012 08:33 PM

Hello,

This post is for all of my fellow "Bernie-ites" it is Jack Black's 43 birthday today, send him a wish on FB.

Love,
Di

Lasep 09-02-2012 09:31 AM

I watched Bernie last night. What a fun and interesting movie. Shirley, you never cease to amaze me. Wonderful. You and Jack were fabulous together. And the "chewing", too funny!

patswife 09-02-2012 05:23 PM

The "chewing" was one of the funniest parts for me. It still makes me laugh when I think about it!
Joanne

Cushings 09-02-2012 10:14 PM

Yeah, the chewing part was good, Joanne, even after her death he could still see that as she haunted him, great film.

Love,
Di

sisterlura 09-03-2012 03:08 PM

FINALLY, watched the movie today! Loved it!!!! Did Jack Black do all his own singing? Wow ~ who knew he could sing so well?!

Shirley -- wonderful!!

The freezer came way too soon, lol.

Love,
Lura

patswife 09-03-2012 05:54 PM

Lura,
I agree that the freezer came way too soon!~ I was thinking--"oh, no! Is that it for Marjorie? So soon?" That was my one complaint--Shirley's part was TOO small!! Otherwise, it was a very entertaning film. I hope everyone here has the chance to see it and will give us their opinions.
Joanne

sisterlura 09-07-2012 06:31 AM

Can't resist putting in a plug for buying the DVD, if you can, as opposed to just watching the movie in a theater or from Netflix. It includes some special "featurettes", including some funny scenes that were deleted, interviews with "the gossips," and with the Richard Linklater & Skip Hollandsworth, and more of Jack Black's amazing singing!

:D

Lah 09-09-2012 11:32 AM

:)

I bought it on Itunes.. it is on my Iphone now..lol

Carmen Camille 09-09-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patswife
Lura,
I agree that the freezer came way too soon!~ I was thinking--"oh, no! Is that it for Marjorie? So soon?" That was my one complaint--Shirley's part was TOO small!! Otherwise, it was a very entertaning film. I hope everyone here has the chance to see it and will give us their opinions.
Joanne

I too would rather have seen more of Shirley before they so rudely 'offed' her. I think it was a very unusual story line. Certainly something we haven't seen before. I found myself emotionally on both sides with the characters more than once.