Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Welcome! (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hi I'm Steven from Western Australia! (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=213688)

StevenOz 07-11-2012 10:15 AM

Hi I'm Steven from Western Australia!

A few months ago I read "Sage-ing While Age-ing" and I really liked it! Then just in the last few days I read "I'm Over All That". They are wonderful books and really have the light of life in them. Shirley herself is very logical and spiritual at the same time, which really is a unique combination. Reality really IS different depending on where you stand, it's relative a bit like time is. :)

GentleRick 07-11-2012 03:04 PM

Hi Steven,

Welcome to the Encounter Board! I first joined after I read "The Camino" over 10 years ago. I hope you will find the community to be warm and supportive. Jump right in!

Blessings,

Rick Borutta
www.rickborutta.com

OneLight 07-11-2012 06:49 PM

Welcome to Shirley's, Steven :)

Hope you enjoy the site as much as we do...

Love...Peg

debabbott 07-11-2012 07:07 PM

Welcome Steven, glad to have you aboard!!!

Love, Deb

Cher O 07-11-2012 09:14 PM

Glad to meet you, Steven.

I recommend reading all of Shirley's books starting with the first one. You get to see years of history compressed into a few weeks. It's quite an experience. I did it, and I plan to do it again. Something in the way Shirley writes gives me peace and sustains my interest. As soon as I have a few other books out of the way, I will start over. The only one I skipped was about McGovern, and I may read that one this time, just to see what she had to say about it all.

Enjoy your time at this site. There is a lot to read right here.

Welcome. Love, C.

ULLA RUNCHEL 07-12-2012 01:31 AM

Hi Stephen

Hi Stephen

A very welcome on this board,..so much to share,..in many levels of spirituality,...and our visions, dreams etc....wish you a wonderful day.
Lovies Ulla

StevenOz 07-12-2012 05:33 AM

Yeah, it's easy to write it off as nonsense (as that has been what's been done for donkey's years), but after reading "Sage-ing..." I changed from Athiest to Agnostic, and after reading "I'm Over All That" my reality change was cemented. There are just too many co-incidences and things that just can't be explained (by the logic that's "mainstream" these days) in Shirley's experiences that would make it at all possible that what she has come to terms with is not true.

Yeah, I know that last sentence was a mouthful. Hopefully you understood it anyway. ;)

-Steven (with a 'v' rather than a 'ph' :))

StevenOz 07-13-2012 06:17 PM

That Old Sherlock line...

I'm wondering, why is it exactly that Shirley's books are considered "non-mainstream"? As far as I can tell, it would take a super-genius like the world has never known to make up all the stuff I read in "Sage-ing..." and "...Over All That..." and not have any critic pick factual holes in it. Even my parents warn me that Shirley MacLaine is "eccentric". I just replied that what is considered eccentric in one time period is not necessarily considered that in another. And there seems to be quite a weight of evidence that we have been visited already, eyewitnesses, video, president way back disappearing from government knowledge for a short time, knowledge and predictions accurate from non-traditional sources.

I must say I was as skeptical about UFOs and reincarnation as any regular person, but Shirley's unique textual mixture of reason, exploration and experience changed my mind, alongside the old Sherlock line which goes something like 'if you eliminate everything impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, is the truth'.

Robin33 07-29-2012 06:30 PM

Hello

Hi Steven,

Welcome Aboard... I am new too, I have been here a few months now. Truly a wonderful place and everyone is very nice..

Talk soon...

sunni6ft 08-04-2012 01:41 PM

Welcome Steven and Ulla

Welcome to everyone new or not so new :) I have been here a year and a half and don't post much. Boards are a bit of a challenge to me at this point. However, so happy you are here!!

Brightest Blessings,
Sunni/Jane