Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Good News (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=285)
-   -   Synchronicity (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=213670)

GentleRick 07-05-2012 10:29 PM

Synchronicity

Carl Jung believed in synchronicity as a meaningful result of psychic energies coming together. As he got older, he continued to refine his research in the subject, especially as it related to Astrology.

When I moved to San Francisco, my luck (Jupiter trine my Sun in Virgo) was waning. Furthermore, there was ever present the flip side of this aspect in that I was deluding myself to some degree. As time went on, in S.F. the "air" seemingly kept leaking from my tires. Pluto went retrograde in April and I was running on fumes.

But Jupiter was coming around to form another aspect, this time to oppose itself in my natal chart. Oppositions are like full moons, there's tension yes, but it produces something new. The froth is at its height. Just as the Sun and Moon oppose each other during a full moon, when a planet is in phase with itself or another planet, one can correlate that phase (first quarter/square, full moon/opposition, last quarter/square, new moon/conjunct) and look into the meaning of the cycle.

This Jupiter cycle began in the final months of 2006. I can't remember what may have shifted for me then, but as a "new moon" phase what ever was initiated was likely still in darkness, or in my subconscious. When Jupiter squared itself in my chart, it was early 2009. I was at Esalen for the second time and I was invited to lead some chant at our workshop and it was also the first time I consciously channeled a figure from my higher self, a very tall Native American looking man who lent his very powerful voice in a song at the end of the workshop. In the first quarter, the light was still gaining in brightness. From this step, I went deeper into my alchemical studies and made a commitment to find a way to work with my gifts.

So here, at the end of the Jupiter opposition, the light is in its fullness. The energy is mature. And with it, comes the synchronicity of a visit to the Wildwood Retreat Center in Guerneville, Calif. This place is 200 acres of Northern California ambrosia. For decades, particularly during the AIDS "war" as it is known here, this spot was the locus of healing activity for the S.F. gay community. Louise Hay and Elisabeth Kubler Ross both led workshops with men and the dying.

I felt an immediate connection to the place. Everyone there now has a special energy. Two of them are Aquarians, right in alignment with my Aquarian North Node - my future.

To add to the synchronicity, when I committed to leaving S.F. a week ago, money started to trickle back into my practice. And as I left Wildwood today, I was told that one of the 13 Indigenous Grandmothers was visiting the site in advance of a ceremony. I have a connection to these amazing women from another part of my life.

So - it seems that life is nudging me to the next step: a new home and a new family at Wildwood.

The dream continues.

Love,

Rick

debabbott 07-05-2012 11:29 PM

Beautiful, simply beautiful. We each focus on that which is most predominate in our need mode at the time.

Love, Deb

GentleRick 08-16-2012 09:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Things are beginning to coalesce here at Wildwood, which is in Guerneville, Calif. I arrived on Monday, with Mars and Saturn conjunct in my Libra ninth house, letting me know that perseverance fused with action in the context of trusting what I do not know can lead to grace and the start of a journey.

Wildwood is a retreat center that began over 40 years ago as a refuge for San Francisco's gay men. It became a place of intense healing and spiritual growth during the AIDS "war" as it is called here - men came here to die and caregivers came to recuperate and bond. Louise Hay and Elisabeth Kubler Ross both taught workshops here during that period. Less than 20 years ago, a conservancy was formed to purchase and manage the 200 acres of land surrounding the retreat center which now supports body/mind/spirit workshops for men and women.

This weekend will be a women's workshop called "Reclaiming the Power of the Feminine" http://wildwoodretreat.com/zjoomla/ by my friend Ian Ellington.

Body Electric workshops are taught here frequently, and the land is used for various indigenous ceremonies led by the Center for Sacred Studies, the group that created the gatherings for the 13 Grandmothers.

Two trees here are particularly sacred to me; one is an oak tree estimated to be more than 400 years old and the other is an "albino" redwood of which there are reportedly less than 30 known to exist.

I live with about ten other men and women who work at the retreat center. I have time to practice astrology on the side as well as spend time reconnecting more deeply to Mother Earth.

Below I will share a few photos of my new home. Perhaps we will hold another gathering here in a year or two? :-)

Love and Light,

GR

sisterlura 08-16-2012 10:48 AM

I follow your incredible journey with joy and interest, Rick ~ thank you for sharing it with us. I've heard wonderful things about Wildwood ... and it sounds like your move definitely falls into the "there are no accidents" category!

Love & Blessings,
Lura :)

GentleRick 08-16-2012 06:00 PM

Thank you, Sister Lura! This turn in events feels like a major step towards something new and exciting on a grand scale.

I made a hike today to get to know the land a little bit better and to offer some tobacco in prayer for gratitude to it for accepting me. On my journey, telling my ego to just listen and allow nature to and self to "be" I came across some fallen tree branches on the trail. In the tradition that I have been taught, stepping on or over the "standing people" is disrespectful. So I let go of my "goal" to reach Austin Creek and allowed myself to be with what was at front of me - the task of moving the branches with care off the path. Twice when I did this, I found a bird feather from a different bird, a sign to me that nature sees me and acknowledges my act in a good way.

My first steps along a new path!

Love,

Rick

LunarLady 08-17-2012 01:39 AM

congrats

Hi Rick,

I'm so happy for you! The stars are smiling and Rick is smiling. Well done!

Do you have totem animals, Rick?

GentleRick 08-17-2012 09:46 AM

My totem animals:

Waking Bear

Night Seeing Deer

Orca

Basia 08-17-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleRick
My totem animals:

Waking Bear

Night Seeing Deer

Orca

Thanks for sharing this journey.
I was reading yesterday in this month New Moon theme from lunar planner( I am member since 2004) this part that I will qoute below and I thought of you and me as our sun position according to sidereal is in Leo.I think that this is fascinating showing a trail breaking journey we are unfolding. Here is quote :
New Moon
The stars entering this area of sidereal Cancer-Leo and those forming the Head of the Lion embody the wisdom of the Lion. They express in eloquence and beauty.

Adhafera and Al Jabhah articulate the wisdom and mind of the Lion, the Lionís persona and how the Lion thinks--perhaps with a sense of aloneness yet with audacious and undaunted confidence, and with genuine pride.

Here we find the trail-blazers, those willing to leave the comfort of mass-consensus, who are self-reliant to step forth into unexplored territory; the ones who seek a better way to live and are able to envision new horizons, those who seek to discover new possibilities waiting to be realized.

Often time the work of such adventures and trail-blazers is rarely seen until others later follow or make popular that which they have found, or until time itself brings the future into the present awareness of the masses. These way-showers are sometimes long gone, continuing over the next horizon, rarely to be seen.

They may or may not be recognized for their tremendous, relentless and lonely pursuits, and they may or may not become famous, but the roads and doorways they open pave the way for others to come, and make possible future generationsí evolutionary unfoldment.

The Owl Nebula suggest we use wisdom and night vision to see that which is obscured by the dogmatic veils that we uphold with our existing belief structures, or those created by prominent ego-based individuals and world powers.

Here lies the need to see through the existing picture of our reality, and to use creative (third-eye) vision to allow alternative realms and possibilities to emerge into our awareness. Only then can we step into the apparent abyss where a hidden bridge awaits--to step upon the Path of the Lion. end of quote

Wolfdog 08-18-2012 06:06 PM

For Rick

So happy to hear about all of your news Rick...and especially that you have chosen to explore the magic of the Great Mother is such magnificent surroundings. It is so good for city dwellers to feel the peace and joys of nature. I lived in the Bay area for many years and really miss the beauty and energy there. Please don't miss visiting the Redwoods!

Thank you for sharing your journey with us and for the beautiful photos...which made me very "homesick".

Peace to you dear one.
Love,
Wolfdog

ShirleyMac 08-19-2012 01:08 PM

Hello Rick
Isn't synchronicity the best?