Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Wellness and Healing Circle (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=274)
-   -   Deb Abbott Needs Your Prayers (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=212895)

OneLight 05-21-2013 06:08 PM

Update

Update...

Sean's bone surgeon (Dr Nana) was there today. Had a 2nd bone scan done today. It is showing like an empty pocket all around the ankle and heal area which I think is where the infection is (and seems to be spreading up his leg). The Dr has never seen anything like this and doesn't know what it is ! I will bet he is probably going to be doing some research and consulting (?). He believes that the foot never healed completely from the surgery, which may have been aggravated by physical therapy starting too soon.

Deb is spending the night there again tonight. She and Sean are watching movies and once in a while get on the laptop.

So, that's the latest ... keep those prayers and energies coming ... they and you all are so appreciated... Thank You !

Love...Peg

Cher O 05-21-2013 09:54 PM

Sending Sean and Deb all the love and light I have....

We have to get this infection stopped! Surrounding you both with healing, loving light. Get some rest.... Love, C.

Wolfdog 05-22-2013 01:15 PM

For Onelight

So sorry to know about this new development Peg. Thank you for the update.

Sending prayers and healing light and energy for Sean...and Deb too...for her heart.

Much Love,
Wolfdog

debabbott 05-22-2013 03:28 PM

Update...

Hello my dear friends...
We got an update on the bone scan today. I appears that there is no "bone infection". Great news. However, the bone has not fully healed from the last surgery and has not adhered to the hardware thus causing the gap or pocket. So, after they find what is causing the swelling, Dr. Nana will have to perform another surgery on his right foot and ankle to scrape the bone and set it to adhere to the hardware.

Now to find the cause of the massive swelling of his foot, leg and groin area. They are thinking it is coming from the urinary track area and are bringing on the Infectious Doctor to help find the cause. They changed his cathetar which I learned today had not been changed since we have been at the new facility. They are taking an uncontaminated urine sample to do a culture on it to see what it shows.

In the meanwhile, Sean is on antibiotics and pain meds. He is napping now. I actually took a nap during the day - something unknown to me. I just couldn't go any further. Was short and sweet but helped a bit. Don't get much sleep in a hospital at night. But I choose to be here. Sean needs that right now and so do I.

Thank you all so very much for continuing to walk with us through this journey. We appreciate your prayers, your loving intentions and your energy work.

Love,
Deb

debabbott 05-23-2013 02:24 PM

Today...

Latest diagnosis is "Cellulitis". As I recall, Sean had this on his left leg as well. Anyway, they are treating him for "Cellulitis" which boils down to more of the same of what they have been doing. Except now they are wrapping his leg and foot with an ACE bandage. He may get to go back to the facility tomorrow where they will continue the anti-biotics. Geez, he has taken so many anti-biotics, it is a wonder he hasn't built up an immunity to all of them. But hopefully, this will nip this infection in the bud. Then, we go back to Dr. Nana to set up appt for further surgery on his left foot and ankle.

I'm hoping one more night in the hospital and then a three day weekend to recoup. Looking forward to being "Home" again.

Thanking you all for your continued prayers and assistance.

Love you all,
Deb

patswife 05-23-2013 03:41 PM

I've been following all that you have written, Deb. Hope all goes well!!! Get some (well deserved) rest!!
Love,
Joanne

Cher O 05-23-2013 05:44 PM

Hi, Deb, Sean and Peg.

I know how much you are looking forward to your three-day weekend, Deb. You must be exhausted. When Gerry was in the hospital, they woke him at all hours of the night for blood tests and temperature and blood pressure.... The hospital is not the place to get any rest. Sean will be better off at his residence too. You can both recoup.

I am sending you both loving healing energy. Peg too. You all three need to stay on top of your game. Sending energy to Carroll too while I'm at it. Hope she is doing well.

Just know that loving energy is headed your way from the Pacific Northwest. I know you are surrounded by energy coming in from all over the world....

Praying for your highest good. Love, C.

OneLight 05-23-2013 08:26 PM

Hangin in there with you, my friend.
As you always say, one day at a time.
Sounds like the med staff is keeping on top of this.

Continuing to join all here sending energies for the highest good.

Yes, get some rest and enjoy your 3 day weekend.

Love you...Peg

debabbott 05-24-2013 07:09 AM

Update...

Sean's Infectious Disease Doctor came by last night and told us that she wanted to do another sonogram on Sean from foot to belly to rule out blood clots. She is also monitoring blood work night and day so we won't be leaving the hospital until maybe Tuesday. I would much rather have him in the hospital under their watchful care. So, we will be spending Memorial Day Weekend in the hospital "making more memories".

I get up in bed with Sean and we watch the stand up comedians on the Laptop and just laugh and laugh. Also, we have watched the Batman Trilogy of the Dark Knight which has been really good. We laugh a lot and that, to the both of us, is the most healing thing.

We are holding you all in our hearts, knowing that you are all doing the same for us.

Love,
Deb

debabbott 05-24-2013 07:16 AM

Oh yeah, I told Sean I am bringing him Joe's New York Pizza for lunch and his eyes lit up like a little boys at a chocolate factory!!!!

Such simple little things mean so much.

Love you all,
Deb