Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Aging (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=267)
-   -   Aging with Grace (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=206831)

Chi 09-10-2010 08:19 PM

Grace comes to me in the morning
while i'm laying in bed (sleepy head)
(half awake, half asleep)
while i'm still drifting
inbetween...
the unseen...
and the seen worlds.

She is the autumn breeze
that filters through my window
and unfurls...

touching me, caressing me,
carrying me gently
from the unseen
back to my wide awake dream
in the seen world.

Chi2010

Cushings 09-10-2010 09:38 PM

Sing

To me, Grace is a woman that George Burns said: "Say good night, Gracie" to, and I always said: "Good night, George and Grace." right back at them.

Grace is also forgiveness, generosity of spirit, politeness, tolerance, the ability to be humble and many times, a damn good way to move your body! It's any combination of the above that can be grace. The willingness to learn form anyone or any experience is grace. Total respect for animals and yourself is grace.

“Grace” and “classy” are often synonymous. That is why I am here, all of you seem to me to be intellectually, psychologically and creativly: 'to the power of ten,' grace. So, “sing” becuse you are grace and be yourself because you are grace! What often seems to be my own grace, though, is: “Sock it to me?” LOL

I love you guys!

Chi 09-10-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cushings
To me, Grace is a woman that George Burns said: "Say good night, Gracie" to, and I always said: "Good night, George and Grace." right back at them.

Grace is also forgiveness, generosity of spirit, politeness, tolerance, the ability to be humble and many times, a damn good way to move your body! It's any combination of the above that can be grace. The willingness to learn form anyone or any experience is grace. Total respect for animals and yourself is grace.

“Grace” and “classy” are often synonymous. That is why I am here, all of you seem to me to be intellectually, psychologically and creativly: 'to the power of ten,' Grace. So, “sing” becuse you are grace. What often seems to br my own grace, though, is: “Sock it to me?” LOL

I love you guys!

Have i said welcome yet, Cushings?
Welcome!

Love,
Chi

patswife 10-29-2010 07:52 PM

Hi,
Did anyone happen to see Jane Fonda on Oprah the other day! Talk about ageing with grace! She looks beautiful and seems to have gotten her heart and soul in a good place. I ordered her book "My Life So Far". I always look to older woman as an inspiration to me, since I just turned 50. I try to learn from them so thay when I get to that age, maybe I can be as fit physically, mentally and emotionally. This is also why I admire Shirley so much! Certainly not all women in their 70's are like this. Celebrities or not, we can all keep ourselves fit --in all ways--with a little effort.
Love,
Joanne

Chi 11-28-2010 01:34 PM

Sweet Grace,
time cannot erase you
or replace you
for you are beyond it -
on its outskirts reaching in.

i cannot see you;
yet my heart feels you
all around me reaching in.

You touch my heart
and it opens...
like a flower
to the sunshine
and the rain.

You touch my heart
and i awaken
to the rhythm
of its beating
once again.

Chi2010

ShirleyMac 12-17-2010 07:40 PM

Hello
I keep asking: WHO is Grace?
;)

ShirleyMac 12-17-2010 07:41 PM

PS - I am enjoying this never ending discussion

lidia 12-17-2010 08:23 PM

AAAH gal's and gul's
at the moment, i am down...-my brother past away, and yes, it was inevitable, was very sick and so, i am surfing SM site and similar sites to turn my mind of the sad thinking, and sure enough, here, i have my wish: have a giggle, and answers, and deep satisfaction to know we are of similar thinking level and are no shy to free express our mind knowing that You will be understanding or open to talk...
Thank You everybody for being here, i LOVE You all and a specially Shirley and her hard working crew for allowing this site to us
Have a happy incoming Holidays and take great care, my The LOVE be with You all
Love and Blessings

at this moment, i am physically sending You all my LOVE energy, take IT and i will have IT back multiplied:)

Chi 12-19-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyMac
Hello
I keep asking: WHO is Grace?
;)

Grace rushes in and out
on the waves of the see invisibly...
and deep in her depths one encounters
the sweetest mysteries.
Grace be a lady; i'm sure.

Love,
Chi

Chi 12-19-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lidia
AAAH gal's and gul's
at the moment, i am down...-my brother past away, and yes, it was inevitable, was very sick and so, i am surfing SM site and similar sites to turn my mind of the sad thinking, and sure enough, here, i have my wish: have a giggle, and answers, and deep satisfaction to know we are of similar thinking level and are no shy to free express our mind knowing that You will be understanding or open to talk...
Thank You everybody for being here, i LOVE You all and a specially Shirley and her hard working crew for allowing this site to us
Have a happy incoming Holidays and take great care, my The LOVE be with You all
Love and Blessings

at this moment, i am physically sending You all my LOVE energy, take IT and i will have IT back multiplied:)

i don't know why our hearts have to break sometimes
in order to open; i only know that when they break wide open;
all around us Grace abounds in the faces and hearts of those
who grieve with us... and in the spaces between our feelings
and our thoughts; Grace is there. It's kind of like we're blessed
(during these times of grieving) with a collective heightened
awareness of our real and true spiritual natures as love
abounds with grace. Though i wouldn't wish these times
upon anyone (paradoxical,eh?). i'm sorry for your loss, Lidia.

Sending you lots of love,
Chi