Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Aging (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=267)
-   -   Aging with Grace (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=206831)

ShirleyMac 03-19-2010 12:49 PM

Aging? I can't remember what that is!
(haha)

Chi 03-19-2010 08:07 PM

Grace be the light
that reflects from our " i "s
and Grace be the love.

Chi2010

Chi 03-28-2010 02:06 PM

Wrap your arms around me Grace;
Lift me to your lofty place
and just hold me.

Chi2010

patswife 03-30-2010 05:52 PM

Ageing? I WISH I din't remember what that is!
Joanne

Chi 03-31-2010 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patswife
Ageing? I WISH I din't remember what that is!
Joanne

Wife!
Grace be with you always! Soft Grin...

Love, Chi

S harmon 04-03-2010 03:23 PM

At 61 I seem to be unemployed and headed for retirement.I take a mountain vitimans and keep with all the latest stuff.I work out everyday at home and also go to Golds twice a week.
I am not perfect by any means.Its more a bad habit I picked up when I was 13.I have done all the bad things we do in our youth.
My sister in law who is 68 is going to get a face lift.Where I could see it,if your a public figure I can't see it just to going to 7/11 or date a guy thats 75.
There is a point where you have to except things to a point.Certain people make me feel young.Many times its only when I look into the mirror I think god who is that guy.
As long as you have your health and mental power its a wonderful thing.But when you start going down hill its another.

S Harmon

S harmon 04-29-2010 10:46 PM

When you get in your sixties and you look around you think of all the deals you've made.Compromises about life in general.Oh I wanted this but I'll settle for that or I wanted this but I guess I'll take whats left.You make the best of it.Thats what I told myself when I left home at 18.My step father said"don't think you can run home everytime it gets hard."Smiling and whispering in my ear out of mothers site at the air port.
"No I wouldn't think that would I,"turned and left for three years in the Army during the Viet Nam.
You hold something back or else they can hurt you bad.You've seen people hurt bad they do things to themselves and others.Go to jail or die by there own hand or others.
You got to make the best of it.In any situation play the odds and you'll at least you have something.You wonder sometimes do people think about you like you think about them.Oh,I would rather be this person but I'm stuck with these people.Is anyone ever in a relationship where booth parties are really into it.Or do think,I got to make the best of it.
These last 25 years I've met alot of people,most seem to be going through the motions.Maybe thats what I do most of the time.
Aging gracefully is bull.You want to go get that woman and run off and screw the world or run off with that guy for the women.You don't want to think about medical costs and where am I going to live and I can't remember or my mates dying of cancer.
I hope someone can do that.I hope they don't have to make the best of it.

S.Harmon

Chi 05-08-2010 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S harmon
When you get in your sixties and you look around you think of all the deals you've made.Compromises about life in general.Oh I wanted this but I'll settle for that or I wanted this but I guess I'll take whats left.You make the best of it.Thats what I told myself when I left home at 18.My step father said"don't think you can run home everytime it gets hard."Smiling and whispering in my ear out of mothers site at the air port.
"No I wouldn't think that would I,"turned and left for three years in the Army during the Viet Nam.
You hold something back or else they can hurt you bad.You've seen people hurt bad they do things to themselves and others.Go to jail or die by there own hand or others.
You got to make the best of it.In any situation play the odds and you'll at least you have something.You wonder sometimes do people think about you like you think about them.Oh,I would rather be this person but I'm stuck with these people.Is anyone ever in a relationship where booth parties are really into it.Or do think,I got to make the best of it.
These last 25 years I've met alot of people,most seem to be going through the motions.Maybe thats what I do most of the time.
Aging gracefully is bull.You want to go get that woman and run off and screw the world or run off with that guy for the women.You don't want to think about medical costs and where am I going to live and I can't remember or my mates dying of cancer.
I hope someone can do that.I hope they don't have to make the best of it.

S.Harmon

Aging gracefully is not bull, Harmon.
It's hard... but its not bull.
And aging with Grace;
noticing the state of Grace around you, well -
that's a horse of a totally different color.
Me thinks now perhaps
Grace and Beauty are one in the same;
the Tao that cannot be named;
as close to the Shekhinah as we get.

Love,
Chi

Chi 09-05-2010 09:36 PM

i caught beauty drifting with the clouds in the sky today -
and in the rays of the sun bursting through them; i caught grace.

Chi2010

ShirleyMac 09-06-2010 03:18 PM

Hello
I remembered what aging is. ;)

To me - to do the aging thing with grace means you have to know who you are on every level. When you know that about yourself every aspect of life is filled with grace.