Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   The Media (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=264)
-   -   The Real Oldies (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=206581)

Chi 09-06-2007 10:05 PM

The Real Oldies
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAxx...related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An1-ntyBcz8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=811W...related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg0x...related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23UkIkwy5ZM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltRwmgYEUr8

ShirleyMac 09-07-2007 07:43 AM

Hello
hmmmm.... I thought you were talking about me. :)

ManyMansions 09-07-2007 08:28 AM

shoop, shoop, shoop, shoop....


did you see this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVtbFXm2E6Q

ManyMansions 09-07-2007 08:33 AM

This'll get ya dancin'!!!

Cher-Believe Album Hit Mix (1st Version Re-Edit)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO83...=related&search=

(West Hollywood's Theme Song) - LOL

ManyMansions 09-07-2007 09:01 AM

Speaking of Oldies...

~*~Native American Ghost Dance - Bill Miller ~*~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOtrYIK0jqs

Jade 09-07-2007 09:11 AM

I love Cher! She carries a sense of empowerment for me. After seeing her concert a couple of years ago, her CDs have become my
powerful
Goddess
Dance my POWER
Dance in the kitchen, bathroom, love my age, go for it, kickbutt with style music.

LOL, been listening to to alot lately. Thanks MM
Jade

ManyMansions 09-07-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
I love Cher! She carries a sense of empowerment for me. After seeing her concert a couple of years ago, her CDs have become my
powerful
Goddess
Dance my POWER
Dance in the kitchen, bathroom, love my age, go for it, kickbutt with style music.

LOL, been listening to to alot lately. Thanks MM
Jade



;)

cher megamix 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWcLTGeHVUc&NR=1

Cher - Club DK Megamix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztqk...=related&search=


Cher - One By One (Junior Vasquez Pride Mix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RpX...=related&search=


Cher: Let's Turn Back Time! Please comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B94D...=related&search=

Lasep 09-07-2007 06:48 PM

ShirleyMac
Senior Member

hmmmm.... I thought you were talking about me.
__________________

LOL!

Chi 09-07-2007 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMansions
Speaking of Oldies...

~*~Native American Ghost Dance - Bill Miller ~*~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOtrYIK0jqs

Oh Stephen,
Really loving the Ghost Dance.
Love, Chi

ManyMansions 09-07-2007 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi
Oh Stephen,
Really loving the Ghost Dance.
Love, Chi


;)

Here's one for the old folks...

Patsy Cline - Crazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wysJ7KeGpX4

Chi 09-07-2007 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMansions
;)

Here's one for the old folks...

Patsy Cline - Crazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wysJ7KeGpX4

Huge Grin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTKe...related&search=

ManyMansions 09-07-2007 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi



OH...MY...god....

I remember when that aired! I was watching a new "Color" tv at my grandparents house.

LOL

ManyMansions 09-07-2007 08:11 PM

I don't remember this one though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=185qYmzRluk

ManyMansions 09-07-2007 09:33 PM



Oh! YES, I remember watching, in front of the black and white tv, those two performances.

As long as we're strolling down (before your time) meomory lane...

1957 Lincoln on Ed Sullivan Show (this cracked me up! The Hollywood Freeway in 1957.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUkyPVRmZ3Q

The Beatles -- Ticket to Ride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etjp...=related&search=

ManyMansions 09-07-2007 09:43 PM

There's No Business Like Show Business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icr71H1nb3Q

ManyMansions 09-07-2007 09:51 PM

Diana Ross & Supremes - Stop In The Name Of Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_PKqgzSXAM

ManyMansions 09-07-2007 09:58 PM

I'll leave on this "off" note...



Tiny Tim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skU-jBFzXl0

Chi 09-07-2007 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMansions
There's No Business Like Show Business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icr71H1nb3Q

i quote you, Stephen:
"As long as we're strolling down (before your time) meomory lane..."

Listen! Ha! i'm still not sure that it was "before my time". Too funny.
i've just got this feeling (still) that i was around through the
40s and part of the early 50's before i was born again in '56. Huge Grin...
Get a load of that dress! Holy Moly! They certainly knew a thing
or two about glamour back then that they don't know now!

ManyMansions 09-07-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi
i quote you, Stephen:
"As long as we're strolling down (before your time) meomory lane..."

Listen! Ha! i'm still not sure that it was "before my time". Too funny.
i've just got this feeling (still) that i was around through the
40s and part of the early 50's before i was born again in '56. Huge Grin...
Get a load of that dress! Holy Moly! They certainly knew a thing
or two about glamour back then that they don't know now!


HAAAAAhahahaha.... You're only a year younger than me!

Ethel looks like she wasn't too confortable in that dress... like her breast were gonna pop out an second!

Nighty, nite.

ManyMansions 09-08-2007 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi


I just woke to ... "the Happ-en-ning!"


Polly 09-08-2007 10:48 AM

The Real Oldies
 
Loved it! Even Polly got her wheelchair bopping to the music!...a few "wheelies" in spots! Also...The Ghost Dance documentary was spectacular. Especially loved some of the paintings....Great way to spend a few minutes of my time. Thank you. Polly

Chi 09-08-2007 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMansions
I just woke to ... "the Happ-en-ning!"


Good Day! Ha!
We were living in Japan when that song came out.
i remember my parents took me with them to the
Yokota AFB movie house, one Saturday nignt to see it.
in my Dad's old Red Rambler. Ha! i still remember
parking and getting out of the car that night.
But i can't remember the movie, just like the video
says... i just remember (even the first time i heard it)
liking the song...Too funny....

Chi 09-08-2007 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly
Loved it! Even Polly got her wheelchair bopping to the music!...a few "wheelies" in spots! Also...The Ghost Dance documentary was spectacular. Especially loved some of the paintings....Great way to spend a few minutes of my time. Thank you. Polly

Bless you, Sweet Lady! i hear it was your birhtday recently!
Happy Happy Birthday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQms...related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djGo...related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpUw...related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SraRU5oD17c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg7y...related&search=

ManyMansions 09-08-2007 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi
Good Day! Ha!
We were living in Japan when that song came out.
i remember my parents took me with them to the
Yokota AFB movie house, one Saturday nignt to see it.
in my Dad's old Red Rambler. Ha! i still remember
parking and getting out of the car that night.
But i can't remember the movie, just like the video
says... i just remember (even the first time i heard it)
liking the song...Too funny....



thanks for the tunes!

I went to a family picnic today where I spoke with my nephews 19 year old girlfriend. I mentioned how I discovered youtube... she cut me off with, "Oh, my god... you get on that and its like getting hooked on crack!" LOL

We had some great laughs.

Chi 09-08-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMansions
thanks for the tunes!

I went to a family picnic today where I spoke with my nephews 19 year old girlfriend. I mentioned how I discovered youtube... she cut me off with, "Oh, my god... you get on that and its like getting hooked on crack!" LOL

We had some great laughs.

Too funny! Ha!

ManyMansions 09-08-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly
Loved it! Even Polly got her wheelchair bopping to the music!...a few "wheelies" in spots! Also...The Ghost Dance documentary was spectacular. Especially loved some of the paintings....Great way to spend a few minutes of my time. Thank you. Polly


That Ghost Dance is pretty special. Happy 80, Polly! You don't look a day over 52!

You Make Me Feel So Young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E9SKwD-QRk&mode=related&search=

&

Amazing Grace in Cherokee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu8Sn1Yz8Ys&watch_response


Chi 09-08-2007 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMansions
That Ghost Dance is pretty special. Happy 80, Polly! You don't look a day over 52!

You Make Me Feel So Young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E9SKwD-QRk&mode=related&search=

&

Amazing Grace in Cherokee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu8Sn1Yz8Ys&watch_response


Amazing Grace in Cherokee
Ha! i love it!
You know Stephen, there's quite a history
behind this song. It was written by John Newton
who's profession was in the slave trades of the 1700's,
and then one day he found God while out at sea in
a terrrible storm. What a real life metaphor, eh? Ha!
When the storm was over, he felt God's amazing
grace in the calm of the sea.
He never transported another slave. and went on later
to become a minister.

ManyMansions 09-09-2007 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi
Amazing Grace in Cherokee
Ha! i love it!
You know Stephen, there's quite a history
behind this song. It was written by John Newton
who's profession was in the slave trades of the 1700's,
and then one day he found God while out at sea in
a terrrible storm. What a real life metaphor, eh? Ha!
When the storm was over, he felt God's amazing
grace in the calm of the sea.
He never transported another slave. and went on later
to become a minister.


What a great story Chi. I never knew that. ...

Time to get up and Praise the Divine - Gospel Style!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDLN...=related&search=

turn volume up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXJp...=related&search=


((((LightWorker's Hugs))))

ManyMansions 09-09-2007 12:43 PM




I had to LOL ... here's Andy Williams singing Canadian Sunset to the SAME video as Frankie Valli's Can't take my eyse off you...

The Tune's still cool though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um6wI7TvPe8

Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkVu...=related&search=

Music To Watch The Girls Go By

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBb5...=related&search=



"The Girl From Ipanema Original US Version"...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TqL...=related&search=

:D

debabbott 09-09-2007 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMansions
That Ghost Dance is pretty special. Happy 80, Polly! You don't look a day over 52!

You Make Me Feel So Young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E9SKwD-QRk&mode=related&search=

&

Amazing Grace in Cherokee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu8Sn1Yz8Ys&watch_response



Thank you for sharing this, was a blessing to my heart. We got a CD in Virginia Beach when we were there in Feb of 2004 called the WaleLa which has a beautiful rendition of Amazing Grace in Cherokee - Rita Coolidge, laura Satterfield and pricsilla Coolidge. Beautiful as well.

And 'ole Frankie with his, "You make me feel so young", did indeed do just that.

Thanks again.

Love, Deb

Chi 09-09-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMansions
I had to LOL ... here's Andy Williams singing Canadian Sunset to the SAME video as Frankie Valli's Can't take my eyse off you...

The Tune's still cool though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um6wI7TvPe8

Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkVu...=related&search=

Music To Watch The Girls Go By

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBb5...=related&search=



"The Girl From Ipanema Original US Version"...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TqL...=related&search=

:D

Well Stephen,
Now it's my turn to say Oh My God! Ha!
Andy Williams! Huge Grin! i used to watch
his variety show every week. Remeber
all the variety shows back then.
Too funny. And i knew the words to
"Can't Get Used to Losing You"
by heart. i loved the sentiment
of that song; something about
his voice. A real blast from the past
on that one. Ha! Thank you!

ManyMansions 09-09-2007 08:59 PM

Hi Deb & Chi...

The Mamas & The Papas - Monday Monday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7KrlDZ5Hkw

Mamas and the Papas - Creeque Alley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nIN...=related&search=

The mamas and the papas - California dreamin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wI6...=related&search=

ManyMansions 09-09-2007 09:22 PM

more...

The Beach Boys - Wouldn't it be nice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L--c...=related&search=

Beach boys-Surfin USA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbRK...=related&search=

The beach boys -good vibrations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC2g...=related&search=




Oh.... and this one!

John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - You're The One That I Want

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuWVUb4PAjY

&

Pavarotti & Liza Minelli - New York,New York

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X23t...=related&search=

;)

ManyMansions 09-10-2007 08:36 AM

Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvnYvBjQ0dM

Remember the Time - Michael Jackson -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Fr...=related&search=

Diana Ross "Touch Me In The Morning"

http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/enco...uote=1&p=737412

Michael Jackson - Rock With You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4yb7pPaj0w

Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq0P...=related&search=

Michael Jackson - You are not alone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oket...=related&search=

In the closet - Michael Jackson -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twEs...=related&search=

ManyMansions 09-10-2007 07:01 PM




Jackie Gleason!!! WE HAD TO SIT AND WATCH THAT SHOW EVERY SUNDAY NIGHT! (Which I didn't mind, cause it was a great show.)

ManyMansions 09-10-2007 07:04 PM

NAT KING COLE ROUTE 66

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCYA...=related&search=

These music threads have been a real treat!

ManyMansions 09-10-2007 07:14 PM

Buddy Holly - That ll Be the Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prib...=related&search=

La Bamba being Recorded 1958

I found this interesting in that they are creating La Bamba...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKaU...=related&search=

Of course, if you don't want to sit through the 8:30 of the song being created...

Los Lobos - La Bamba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YicJ...=related&search=

Chi 09-10-2007 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMansions
Jackie Gleason!!! WE HAD TO SIT AND WATCH THAT SHOW EVERY SUNDAY NIGHT! (Which I didn't mind, cause it was a great show.)

Ha! Yeah; me too! In front of the old black and white
before color and remote control. Too funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57tK6aQS_H0

Chi 09-10-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMansions
Buddy Holly - That ll Be the Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prib...=related&search=

La Bamba being Recorded 1958

I found this interesting in that they are creating La Bamba...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKaU...=related&search=

Of course, if you don't want to sit through the 8:30 of the song being created...

Los Lobos - La Bamba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YicJ...=related&search=

LaBamba!!!!
That's a great one!

ManyMansions 09-10-2007 08:25 PM

ho-down time!

Johnny Cash - Casey Jones+Orange Blossom Special (live)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa4h...=related&search=


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:00 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.