Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   The Media (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=264)
-   -   Shirley's new movie (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=205278)

Christina P 05-31-2007 08:37 AM

Shirley's new movie
 
Shirley,

Your new movie "Poor things" sounds great. Your a great actress and I watch all your movies.

Please recast the Lohan role and give it to some wonderful up and comer who needs a chance to prove herself. Or just anybody but Lohan. I read that you are willing to work around her rehab and that just sickens me.

This poor girl needs to prove she wants to get well. Maybe it would humble her some and give her time for reflection if she actually had to EARN back the respect of her community instead of having a job waiting for her (I'm pretty sure she doesn't need the money by the way) and people willing to work around her behavior. Let her prove herself first. She has had second, third, fourth, (need I go on?) chances. I and many people like me feel that those in the movie industry who keep hiring these out of control individuals are enablers.

In the real world this girl would either be on the streets or straightened out. I opt for staightened out because most employers do not allow unlimited "sick" days. If a prospective employer were to do a background check on her today, she would not be hired. She would be a risk, and believe me, she would truly be motivated to straighten out her life so she could get a job.

In my state, rehab is free for the indigent. I know, because I picked up a friend the other day. There were no massages, passes out, or gourmet food. Visitation was limited. But the program focused on rehabilitation. Definately not where someone would go unless they really wanted help.

Please make your movie and get it out as soon as possible. You don't need a headlining trainwreck to promote it; that seems so beneath you. Unfortunately, people no longer watch her movies and see her character. They see "that poor spoiled kid", and it is distracting. Please hire someone who will not be a distraction from what sounds like a delightful plot line.

Christina

Azure 05-31-2007 11:39 AM

Yes!
 
Thanks for the info.

I can't wait!

Azure/2007

lisamaye 05-31-2007 01:33 PM

Christina is right!
Let this girl either get well or crash & burn on her own! DO NOT wait for her. She needs help, it is obvious. My daughter turns 21 in August and I'd beat her a$$ if she EVER did any of these things.........don't help her out, besides, she sucks as an actress.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina P
Shirley,

Your new movie "Poor things" sounds great. Your a great actress and I watch all your movies.

Please recast the Lohan role and give it to some wonderful up and comer who needs a chance to prove herself. Or just anybody but Lohan. I read that you are willing to work around her rehab and that just sickens me.

This poor girl needs to prove she wants to get well. Maybe it would humble her some and give her time for reflection if she actually had to EARN back the respect of her community instead of having a job waiting for her (I'm pretty sure she doesn't need the money by the way) and people willing to work around her behavior. Let her prove herself first. She has had second, third, fourth, (need I go on?) chances. I and many people like me feel that those in the movie industry who keep hiring these out of control individuals are enablers.

In the real world this girl would either be on the streets or straightened out. I opt for staightened out because most employers do not allow unlimited "sick" days. If a prospective employer were to do a background check on her today, she would not be hired. She would be a risk, and believe me, she would truly be motivated to straighten out her life so she could get a job.

In my state, rehab is free for the indigent. I know, because I picked up a friend the other day. There were no massages, passes out, or gourmet food. Visitation was limited. But the program focused on rehabilitation. Definately not where someone would go unless they really wanted help.

Please make your movie and get it out as soon as possible. You don't need a headlining trainwreck to promote it; that seems so beneath you. Unfortunately, people no longer watch her movies and see her character. They see "that poor spoiled kid", and it is distracting. Please hire someone who will not be a distraction from what sounds like a delightful plot line.

Christina

Brit 05-31-2007 05:00 PM

Christina, may I ask where you read that about Shirley "willing to work around her rehab" ?

And then I need to ask (for my understanding) why you think Shirley has absolute control of any project she is involved in?

Looking forward to your response. Thanks
BE

Christina P 05-31-2007 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit
Christina, may I ask where you read that about Shirley "willing to work around her rehab" ?

And then I need to ask (for my understanding) why you think Shirley has absolute control of any project she is involved in?

Looking forward to your response. Thanks
BE



Quote:

In the spirit of helping Lindsay Lohan and her rehabilitation, we have been asked by Lindsay to comply with her wishes to continue working on "Poor Things." We are trying to rearrange the shooting schedule to facilitate her working at the end of the shoot to coincide with the completion of her rehabilitation. We wish her love and the blending of mind, body, and spirit

Shirley MacLaine
Rob Hickman
Producers


So this is a phony press release (?), because it is attributed to her. I have no idea what you mean about my thinking Shirley has complete control over all the projects she's involved in, but her name is on this press release, and as a producer of the film I'm pretty sure she can say who acts in the film and who doesn't.

I always thought of her as a very talented and powerful star. She is one of the last glamorous actresses still working.
  1. Please let us know if this press release is a phony or if she really has chosen to work around the rehab.
  2. Am I mistaken about her being a producer of the film?

Looking forward to your response. Thanks

RobKendall 05-31-2007 06:06 PM

This is a quote from the New York Times article this morning: "For Lohan, a Mix of Sympathy and Scorn" By SHARON WAXMAN, Published: May 31, 2007

"To be hired again, some said, Ms. Lohan might have to be more than sober. She would need perhaps to post her salary as bond, or pay for her own insurance, even on an independent film.

Ms. Lohan was meant to start a new movie this week, an independent production titled “Poor Things,” about two female con artists, also starring Shirley MacLaine. The film’s producers met on Wednesday to decide whether to replace Ms. Lohan or hold off while she spent a month under wraps."

I'm not certain where Ms. Waxman received her information but it appearing in the New York Times gives it a credibilty it wouldn't have received if it were the National Enquirer.

eajk 05-31-2007 06:37 PM

Lohan
 
This is what is so wretched about Hollywood. THE GIRL DOES NOT DESERVE TO WORK AT ALL!!!!!!! Why they keep casting this drunk, drugged out, unprofessional, ungrateful skank is beyond me. I expect more from well respected professionals than to work with this nasty little troll. There are so many actresses that can do a BETTER job than she can and will not be a pain in the ass on the set. Natalie Portman!!! Lindsay's movies continue to BOMB over and over again. Does that tell you NOTHING????? THE PUBLIC HATES HER!!! Movie goers do NOT want to see her....GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS HOLLYWOOD! She wants to be a drunk, she wants to do drugs and she is NOT in rehab to get help, but to PR herself and keep out of jail. DUH!!!! She will be in a rehab and leave to go get loaded on her birthday and go make films...whatever...just like last time. It did no good before, it will do no good now. She is a gutter drunk that LIKES IT! And the club owners should have their businesses SHUT DOWN for serving minors!!! If it is the last thing I ever do, I will MAKE LAWS APPLY IN HOLLYWOOD if it kills me! This is my dieing wish.

Nori 05-31-2007 07:04 PM

I had decided NOT to become involved in this thread,
however, I cannot read this last response of hatred and negativity
towards another human being, and just let it go. I know very little about the gossip
of Hollywood, I do care about how Shirley is represented here
on her site. We have a right to our opinions, that is true.... BUT
this vitreolic response as well as some of the others in this thread
obviously affected me. Let's try to be a little understanding, I am
not making excuses for Ms Lohan.... we need to take responsibility
for our actions... and also give a little encouragement in a way
that is helpful- either a kick in the butt or a hug, or both.
There are enough serioius problems in the world that we need not
dwell on the unfortunate mistakes made by one young woman.

Christina P 05-31-2007 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori
I had decided NOT to become involved in this thread,
however, I cannot read this last response of hatred and negativity
towards another human being, and just let it go. I know very little about the gossip
of Hollywood, I do care about how Shirley is represented here
on her site. We have a right to our opinions, that is true.... BUT
this vitreolic response as well as some of the others in this thread
obviously affected me. Let's try to be a little understanding, I am
not making excuses for Ms Lohan.... we need to take responsibility
for our actions... and also give a little encouragement in a way
that is helpful- either a kick in the butt or a hug, or both.
There are enough serioius problems in the world that we need not
dwell on the unfortunate mistakes made by one young woman.



Yes, she does have a tendency to bring out caustic remarks from people, however what you call unfortunate mistakes, I call deliberate decisions. The woman committed several crimes this last weekend. DUI, leaving the scene of an accident, possession of drugs. These things did not happen by accident - they are not mistakes. She made these decisons.

I am simply trying to make it known that the movie going public (working class) are outraged at this behavior and indeed her last few films did not do well at the box office.

And yes, it was pretty unanimous at the water cooler (where working class people like me chat with coworkers so to speak) Tuesday (Monday was a holiday for us) that at this point in her "career", watching her in a movie would be very distracting and laughable as she has become something of a joke.

These are not the words we used. I've cleaned it up a lot, A LOT, and I did not bring that point up in my first post because I felt it unnecessary to bring up the meanness out there in the real world to a public forum.

Point remains that a lot of people probably had the same conversation and came to the same conclusion at a lot of water coolers.

We're not talking about people in the entertainment industry. I'm talking about 9-5 people making $100,000 a year or less who don't get invited to premeres and actually BUY movie tickets. I simply thought someone might want to know that there will be a lot of empty seats at Miss Lohan's next film. I'm just hoping it's not one that Ms. MacLaine is in because I'll be sorry to miss it.

I came back this evening to see if that press release was false or not, but there is not yet a reply. I'm sure something like this is a pain to confirm or debunk, but it's out there and it's not putting Ms. MacLaine in a very good light.

RobKendall 06-01-2007 03:22 PM

Putting Ms. MacLaine in a Good Light
 
I think that the true humanity and compassion of this statement speaks for itself:

"My Reel Life

'In the spirit of helping Lindsay Lohan and her rehabilitation, we have been asked by Lindsay to comply with her wishes to continue working on 'Poor Things'. We are trying to rearrange the shooting schedule to facilitate her working at the end of the shoot to coincide with the completion of her rehabilitation. We wish her love and the blending of mind, body and spirit.'

Shirley MacLaine

Rob Hickman

Producers, Poor Things"


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:39 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.