Encounter Board

Encounter Board (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/index.php)
-   Sacred Sites (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   Ley Lines in North America? (http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounter/showthread.php?t=170454)

Tempest 03-16-2001 04:28 PM

Ley Lines in North America?

Hello!
Does anyone know if there are any Ley Lines in North America?
Someone told that there were some in Washington State.
I'm particularily interested in the East coast.
Thanks.

"No matter where you go there you are."

Rabbit 03-18-2001 05:22 PM

Re: Ley Lines in North America?

You must think I am stupid but I want to know. What are Ley Lines?

Rabbit

HelloKitty 03-18-2001 07:45 PM

Shirley explained in the Camino book that there were ley lines in Spain that laid directly under the Milky Way and have such high level of energy that one can experience and sense them. That's my best explanation, haha. I'm sure others have a very good and better definition but I recommend you read that wonderful book of hers!
HelloKitty

"The important thing is not to stop questioning."
Albert Einstein

Visit the Encounter Board member page: http://www.geocities.com/auracafe2001

Rabbit 03-19-2001 06:34 AM

You know I read her book the Camino and I remember her talking about it but I just didn't remember what they were called!
Rabbit

Rabbit 03-19-2001 07:12 AM

Found this site although it doesn't talk about where the ley lines are but, a neat history lesson about the discovery of them. http://witcombe.sbc.edu/earthmysteries/EMIntro.html
Rabbit

Rabbit 03-19-2001 07:22 AM

Re: not what you are looking for but..

check this site out.
England
http://artemis.simmons.edu/~zyirek/leylines/avebury/index.html

Rabbit 03-19-2001 07:32 AM

Re: FOUND IT!

Check out this site for Eastern America.
Also back up to Western America and other geographic locations, next.
Rabbit

Rabbit 03-19-2001 07:33 AM

Re: oops!

here is the site. http://www.mind.net/maps/htmla/chaark.htm

Rabbit 03-19-2001 08:24 AM

Bingo!

Anti-Gravity and the World Grid details the earth grid, ley lines, and world power points. Contains chapters on the geography, mathematics, and light harmonics of the earth grid. Learn the purpose of ley lines and ancient megalithic structures located on the grid. Explores many mysteries including acoustic levitation, Tesla Shields and Scalar Wave weaponry. Includes anti-gravity patents and research resources.
* 274 pages * quality paperback * rare photograghs * diagrams * ISBN #0-932813-03-8

check out websites for Seattle and others

Rabbit 03-19-2001 08:24 AM

Bingo!

Anti-Gravity and the World Grid details the earth grid, ley lines, and world power points. Contains chapters on the geography, mathematics, and light harmonics of the earth grid. Learn the purpose of ley lines and ancient megalithic structures located on the grid. Explores many mysteries including acoustic levitation, Tesla Shields and Scalar Wave weaponry. Includes anti-gravity patents and research resources.
* 274 pages * quality paperback * rare photograghs * diagrams * ISBN #0-932813-03-8

check out websites for Seattle and others

Tempest 03-19-2001 04:44 PM

Hi,
Wow! For someone who didn't know what they are you sure got alot of information fast. Thanks.

"No matter where you go there you are."
Buckaroo Banzi

Rabbit 03-19-2001 05:48 PM

sorry I was so spastic. I get excited when I do research!
And then I got better information than the last post and so... you see my mess! I get excited!
Rabbit

tickled pink 03-28-2001 06:58 PM

Hi Tempest,

I went to a retreat in Massachusettes 1 1/2 years ago in the Berkshires, and we went to a field where this person from our group was telling us about "ley lines" that people are mapping out in the area. I hadn't a clue what they were then, so I didn't pay much attention to the conversation. Yet, when we went into this huge field, we all wandered off on our own, went to the place that felt good to us. Well, I found my spot on the field, laid down in the grass and I'll tell you, whatever these ley lines are about, it was an awesome experience. My mental chakra was so stimulated, I never felt that before. It felt like someone had this huge coin on my forehead, which was hot and vibrated. It was the most peaceful uplifting experience I ever felt in my life being there.

This field was near a well known Yoga/retreat center, something like "sampuan" or "rampuan"...not sure of the exact name, but it's well known in the area, as well as around the world. Maybe asking around people will know of the ley lines once you're in the area. It's a very uplifting place in the Berkshires.

Rabbit 03-28-2001 11:49 PM

Are you talking about Kripalu?

I used to live less than a mile from there. Itis a Yoga/Retreat Center. It is also near Tanglewood - the summer location for the Boston Symphony. Loved those outdoor concerts.

Rabbit 03-28-2001 11:52 PM

Kripalu website

http://www.kripalushop.org/kripalu/

tickled pink 03-29-2001 07:13 AM

Re: Are you talking about Kripalu?

Yes, it is the Kripalu Center. The field we went to was maybe a 5 minute drive from there.

I found it interesting that you use to live there....hmmm, maybe the Universe is calling you back there for some reason, you think? Hope you're able to check it out. Wonderful energy there.

Karen

Rabbit 03-29-2001 07:39 AM

Re: Are you talking about Kripalu?

Probably won't be going there anytime soon. I live in Michigan now. Funny but at that time I was going to school full time and didn't have time to check the place out.
I used to give rides to women who were walking to the Center from the bus drop off in Lenox. They were shocked when I told them that I lived in the area. Most native people don't like the outsiders that come to the Center.
I only lived there for a year.
Rabbit

labyrinthina 04-01-2001 06:08 AM

Ley Lines and Energy Leys are a Worldwide Phenomena

Greetings All!

As a geomancer, my passion has been the study of, and interaction with, the Global Grid System, which connects all the ancient sacred sites on planet earth with the higher frequency Universal Matrix. This includes the study of "ley lines," which are the man made alignment of structures along pathways on the earth denoting the inherent energy of the landscape. "Energy Leys," on the other hand, are the invisible lines of current that run in tandem with these ley lines over the entire globe.

This combined intent unifies our Global Life Force and connects us to the Universal Matrix. The Ancients understood this, and denoted specific spots of intense energetic current at special places in the landscape. These sacred sites became the "doorways" to higher consciousness, which they used in ritual to commune with the Divine.

All sacred sites are located at the convergence of energy leys, and some are more powerful then others such as Machupicchu in Peru, and Avebury/Stonehenge in England, each having its own unique energetic signature. We have many sacred places in North America too denoted by such holy spots as Native American "mounds," and medicine wheels (ie. Serpent Mound in Ohio which is just one of dozens of holy mounds, and Big Horn Medicine Wheel in Wyoming, along with the newly discovered, but ancient, "Miami Circle," located right in the heart of downtown Miami, FL!).

In fact, energy leys run directly through your own home and criss cross every town and city in the United States! It is possible to locate these through the use of dowsing (http://www.labyrinthina.com/dowse.htm).

An excellent book about locating and dowsing earth energies and ley lines, is now available free online at the bottom of this post.

I hope this information will help shed some light on this amazing phenomenon.

Kindest blessings,
Kathy

Ley Lines in Peru Excerpted from –

“An Enigma in the Nazca Palpa
and its correlation to Machu Picchu” by Kathy Doore

After an overnight flight to Lima, we arrived in Cusco, the exquisite Incan city in the sky with its blend of Incan stonework and Spanish colonial architecture. The very name "Cuzco" evokes the essence of this feminine land and means Navel - the center from which all life flowed. Known as the "land of the four quarters" the Inca empire intersected at the present day Plaza de Armas. At the heart of this system was the "Temple of the Sun" from which a connection of invisible energy lines called "ceques," “ley network”, radiated outward in all directions unifying an entire web of sacred shrines. The Andean ceques are the “ley lines” known in the study of Feng Shui as dragon paths, the oriental form of Geomancy. Nearly every sacred temple in the Andes is built at the apex of a convergence of energy leys. These are unique places which through legend, historical accounts and modern use, have been known to induce states of non-ordinary reality.

When I first saw the star petroglyph at Machu Picchu, which is relatively unknown and not easily found, I immediately felt it was somehow related to the energy matrix of the site itself, a "ceque template" (Andean ley lines), delineating the energy grid of Machu Picchu and giving one a clue to the interdimensional doorway. Remembering the ancient wisdom "energy follows thought," my energy and focus were on the access point of the vortex at the very moment the petroglyph was revealed.

In the study of Geomancy (divination of the Earth Spirit) one finds reference to the worldwide energy grid and the electromagnetic frequency signature of sacred sites as being significant doorways energetically linked to one another, the earth, and the cosmos. This is the original world wide web. Machu Picchu shares as energy alliance with sacred centers such as Sacsayhuaman, near Cusco, Tiwanaku Boliva, and the Nazca Pampa. It seems the significance of the petroglyph and the GGF is in identifying this alliance. In fact ... it may be the key which unlocks this door. (continue at: http://www.labyrinthina.com/photos.htm#palpa)

Ley Lines in England
“Dragon Paths, Crop Circles and The Sacred Triangle”
By Kathy Doore

The area known as the Sacred Triangle consists of three ancient centers - Avebury, Stonehenge and Glastonbury (home of the world's largest three-dimensional Labyrinth). Strong earth currents and electromagnetic centers are found in these places and through the use of dowsing have been tracked and plotted. An interesting feature of this land is the many sacred sites located along straight tracks reaching across the countryside known as Ley Lines. Dowsers have noted that these manmade lines run in tandem with an overlay of invisible energy current known as “energy leys”, or earth energies. The most notable energy leys are associated with the Michael and Mary lines which stretch from southwest England at Carn les Boel near Lands End directly across the country to the northeast shore at Hopton in East Anglia (for exact map pick up a copy of The Sun and the Serpent by Hamish Miller & Paul Broadhurst. Ancient churches, stone circles, dolmans and holy wells appear along these trackways. Energies are either distinctly yin or yang as noted in the Chinese study of Feng Shui and referred to as "dragon paths". When one engages in sacred work at these sites our body electric is highly affected by the electromagnetic anomaly of the site itself and can facilitate altered states of consciousness leading to divine union.

While traveling through the countryside working with these energies, and sacred patterns in the landscape, my interest in the crop circle phenomena was piqued, for I often found myself working with earth energies upon the same ground where earlier crop formations had occurred!
Was there a connection? (Continue at: http://www.labyrinthina.com/crop.htm)

Ley Lines Everywhere!
Excerpt from: “A Case of Synchronicity...Kathy's Story”

My pilgrimmage began in Germany where events created opportunities unforseen, after months of requests, permission was granted on the day I arrived. Gundula and I had the great fortune of co-creating a "Classical Seven-Path Labyrinth" at Disibodenberg, the ancient sacred monastery, and site of Hildegard von Bingens miraculous visions. I dowsed the beautiful wooded hilltop sancturary and found great leys of energy, and water crossing, electric and magnetic vortexes, and placed the Labyrinth atop one of these centers adjacent to Hildegards quarters. It was marvelous work supported by the Nuns at Bingen, and the Baron who owned the property. I am told the labyrinth is still there and has been walked by thousands of pilgrims.

We then prepared for our journey to England, a long road trip ahead. (Continue at: http://www.labyrinthina.com/bio.htm#sync)

Ley Lines at Lake Titicaca, Peru and Bolivia, South Americ
“Andean Legends of the Inner Earth”
by Kathy Doore

The highland Andes have been known through myth and legend as one of the access points for vast underground subterrenaen cities, the domain of inner-earth beings who from time to time, emerge from their lower worlds into the upper atmosphere of our third-dimensional density.
These ancient legends speak of vast networks of tunnels criss-crossing the entire length and breadth of the planet. Traditions of vaults, labyrinths and buried treasures of remote antiquity are found in Crete, Egypt, Tibet, Mexico, Ecuador, Bolivia and Peru. Inca prophecy tells of the upper, middle, and lower worlds, other realities existing in both physical and astral/etheric form.
Several places in the Andes mountains are considered gateways to these realms and doorways where emergence, and entrance are possible. Included among this distinction are the famous sacred sites of Sacsayhuaman in the Peruvian Andes and the ancient pre-Incan city of Tiwanaku near the shores of Lake Titicaca in Bolivia. The Jesuit chronicler Agnelio Oliva, recorded the words of an old Inca quipu reader to the effect that "the real Tiahuanaco was a subterranean city, far exceeding the one "above ground" in vastness."

About half way through our Bolivian odyssey we paid a visit to the village of Copacabana on the shores of Lake Titicaca, home to the Indian Virgin known by natives as "La Mamita del Lagoto," "Virgin of Copacabana," and the "Patroness of Bolivia." The Virgin is a representation of the Black Madonna well known for her miracles (which pre-date Christianity). The Cathedral, built upon an earlier holy pagan site, is at the apex of converging "ley lines " and has been the destination of sacred pilgrimage for over two millenia. I was standing in front of the Cathedral waiting for Mari to exit the church when quite suddenly, and to my utter astonishment, the little hunchbacked man appeared -- right in front of me! (Continue at: http://www.labyrinthina.com/legend.htm)

FREE On line Book about locating and dowsing Ley Lines worldwide:

“Needles of Stone” by Tom Graves

First published in 1978, as a seminal breakthrough book, it proposed a genuine purpose for stone circles, standing stones and megalithic remains of all kinds, creating a vivid picture of the culture of ancient megalithic times. It drew a parallel between geomancy (ley lines), and acupuncture points on the earth. Free online copy here: http://www.isleofavalon.co.uk/ndlstone.html